Defensive Line

TFBillsfan

21 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

They need to do something to mix it up against NE.  They have to put Mac & Cheese on the ground!!

Oliver should have a big game..

I never liked NE and its Kraft Mac & Cheese anyway...  :D

Hopefully we'll get ahead early and they'll be playing Ketchup all game.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

If you’re looking for sacks from the Bills DL, Monday night won’t be the game for it. In a McDaniels offense the ball will be out in 2.5 seconds and Jones average air yards per attempt is probably around 5. This game will come down to form tackling and swarming to the ball carrier for the Bills D. Team that wins the turnover battle and has fewer penalties wins the game. If you’re wanting to watch a sack fest you will be disappointed. 

agree with this entirely. 

Especially since NE has been training to peanut-punch at the ball for at least a month.  And i'm shocked that leaked out.  Because of this, I expect to see Moss inactive, and Brieda carrying a football with him everywhere he goes this week, including the bathroom and to bed. 

I see NE running a lot of 2-tight end sets.  To make Tremaine Edmundstienberger have to make a lot of decisions.  And to try to get an occasional 1v1 on the outside against Tre White's replacement.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We are playing a rook QB.....we are going to be bringing the heat all game

I expect more shifts and disguise from Secondary
and then the heat.

Lets not underestimate bb in this game.
get him confused and then punch him in the hoo hoo 

58 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We are playing a rook QB.....we are going to be bringing the heat all game

Blitzing Jones might work, but I assume they'll have a good scheme against that. The Bills need to blanket their receivers and eliminate YAC.

I think this thread topic is for the rest of the year, too. Not just the Pats game.

This week I’ m much more concerned with stopping the run. It’s a bullying Pats O line. They might not have a Jonathan Taylor but it’s a VERY good run game they bring in. If the Bills don’t control that part of the game I think they have no chance of winning, pass rush or not. To me the Pats are like the Colts offense but with a much much better defense. 

• Agree 1

On 11/29/2021 at 5:47 PM, TFBillsfan said:

With Tre out, it’s going to be critical for the DL to bring pressure in addition to the offense potentially scoring more. While I’m not as concerned about the offense, I do have major questions on if this DL is much different than last year. The Bills are currently 25th in sacks with Addison the team leader at a whopping 4 sacks. For all that has been invested in this DL, one has to question if they can truly make a difference down the stretch. Can they stop the run and in obvious passing situations  get to the QB?

Ed has shown the most potential. Star certainly helps when playing. But overall we are still lacking a difference maker at DE. Groot as a raw rookie has the second most sacks at three. 

Would love to hear what others think of our DL?

The Bills DL is a weakness this year. They have been unable to stop the run and apply consistent pressure on the QB. Add in the loss of Tre too. Looks like it's going to be a bend but don't break defense. Hold the opposition to 3s instead of tds. The well balanced and coached Patriot offense will be a monumental task this Monday. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, bmur66 said:

I want sacks and hits. Pressure and sacks are not the same. Sacks hurt and have a cumulative effect. Just sayin.

And so dose McDermott that’s why his been drafting Dline so many years, that B.S about Buffalo getting pressure is just that BS. At this point we got to hope the young guys come around there’s nothing we can do at this point. 

47 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Bills DL is a weakness this year. They have been unable to stop the run and apply consistent pressure on the QB. Add in the loss of Tre too. Looks like it's going to be a bend but don't break defense. Hold the opposition to 3s instead of tds. The well balanced and coached Patriot offense will be a monumental task this Monday. 

What’s so sad is our DL has been a weakness for a few years now, playing in Buffalo we need a tough gritty DL, and a running game to go with it 

• Like (+1) 2

I would like to see them throw in a wrinkle like moving Ed around a bit given his great first step i would like to see them put him on as a DE in a couple of plays just to see first what he could do & also just to mess with the opponents head a bit and in that same thought use Andre Smith in a more traditional  3 LBer set .

They have all kinds of talent and could keep other teams guessing a lot more by throwing in something different from time to time with who they have half the battle is disguising what yo are going to do so they don't know the element of surprise could be a plus who knows as long as it doesn't make the D worse give it a shot .

The Bills number one nemesis is that they do not have a stout interior. When you factor that in with the fact that our LBs for the most part seem adept in pass coverage and not run support, I think you have a problem.

And I wish they’d put Groot in at LB more often, mainly to shadow the power run teams of the NFL that we’ve seemingly so often faced. They did it before but I wish they’d start doing it again. Also, why not blitz him after the QB more often from the LB position? It’s essentially like sending three EDGEs after the QB at once.

Also, where’s the love for my boy Boogie? Dude has gotten like 1.5 sacks so far in like 30 snaps. Give the guy a chance.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.