Bill B's defensive game plan vs the Bills

Estro

25 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Still a fairly soft secondary though…they couldn’t cover diggs with their two best dbs last year.  I think being unbalanced is actually going to work out in our favor for once…they seem to be beating up on teams like the browns and titans that rely on consistently being able to get that 4 or 5 yard rush when they need it.  If we don’t get brown or Feliciano back I will def be concerned though don’t get me wrong. I think we’re really underselling how whack our offensive line talent has been most of this season and reinforcements are coming 

I hope the O line gives Josh some time.  I totally agree about their secondary

10 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Good point check out the game Davis Mills had against them a week after he was shutout in Buffalo…the Patriots made him look like Johnny Unitas 

The titans had 350+ yards of offense with absolute scrubs at every skill position last week…lots of turnovers though we’re gonna have to protect the football. 

12 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

I hope the O line gives Josh some time.  I totally agree about their secondary

I am still puzzled the national media never talks about the injury mess we’ve had on the offensive line…it’s crazy how much this one game is gonna shape the narrative for either team. These analysts play real fast and loose with the contender/pretender label when it’s such a week to week league 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

I do believe 200 of it was to Lamb, who killed them all game.  Also don’t forget the top two WR > Buffalo top 2 WR.  Lamb was covered by Mills and well it was a very very long day for Mills.

It was 149 yards, not 200, but you're right in principle.

Take Gilliam off the field. He's the worst player on the team and useless on offense. 

Line up two WR - Davis and Diggs predominantly and two TE Knox and either Bates or Sweeney and a single back.  This should be their base formation.  From this they can run, screen, or throw downfield.  They should do a lot of pre-snap motion with the TE's to switch from an even formation to a heavy formation to one side.  They can keep extra blockers in if they choose. They can run Allen on sweeps.  Knox can split out wide any time he wants and draw LB coverage or a smaller CB defender.  Doesn't matter what BB throws at them - from this formation JA can audible to whatever play he wants.    

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Keep 17 in the pocket and bracket Diggs 

They certainly tried that last time 😂 this whole thing is weird to me like we’re talking about how our defense is overrated because we’re playing an easy schedule but they are in our division playing a variation of the same easy schedule as us haha 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Look I know the Pats haven’t given up many points lately but color me very unimpressed in watching them play the Titans, getting torched on the ground by a team that had poor passing weapons and where they could stack against the run. I think we can mix up the game plan on Belicheat and not worry about his plan against us. I expect to see more Gabe D and Beasley in this week’s game plan. Let’s just hope we play to our strengths and ignore the BB mind games. 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

200.gif

That's the same head shake Dane usually sees on a double move before the receiver blows right by him.😂

In all seriousness they're gonna go hard after Jackson and will probably draw a PI or two. Hope the young man is up for the challenge.

This is all about the O line protection. If they can give Josh enough time to get past his first read they should be ok providing the D does their part. 

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Look I know the Pats haven’t given up many points lately but color me very unimpressed in watching them play the Titans, getting torched on the ground by a team that had poor passing weapons and where they could stack against the run. I think we can mix up the game plan on Belicheat and not worry about his plan against us. I expect to see more Gabe D and Beasley in this week’s game plan. Let’s just hope we play to our strengths and ignore the BB mind games. 

3 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Still a fairly soft secondary though…they couldn’t cover diggs with their two best dbs last year.  I think being unbalanced is actually going to work out in our favor for once…they seem to be beating up on teams like the browns and titans that rely on consistently being able to get that 4 or 5 yard rush when they need it.  If we don’t get brown or Feliciano back I will def be concerned though don’t get me wrong. I think we’re really underselling how whack our offensive line talent has been most of this season and reinforcements are coming 

Two different defensives from last year and Gilmore was injured in both Bills games, so the bills never faced their best secondary last year, they faced whatever they could put out there last season. Especially the blowout game. They were so done with injuries and Covid that by the time the bills played them again, they were using safeties as linebackers because they didn't have enough linebackers left. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

Don’t turn the ball over

Touchdowns not field goals

2 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Two different defensives from last year and Gilmore was injured in both Bills games, so the bills never faced their best secondary last year, they faced whatever they could put out there last season. Especially the blowout game. They were so done with injuries and Covid that by the time the bills played them again, they were using safeties as linebackers because they didn't have enough linebackers left. 

So JC Jackson didn’t play in that game?

Said it yesterday, repeat it today.... if he is healthy this is a Beasley game. 

9 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

That's the same head shake Dane usually sees on a double move before the receiver blows right by him.😂

In all seriousness they're gonna go hard after Jackson and will probably draw a PI or two. Hope the young man is up for the challenge.

This is all about the O line protection. If they can give Josh enough time to get past his first read they should be ok providing the D does their part. 

Yea they are gonna go after Dane in a big way. I expect the Bills to give him a lot of help and consequently we need Levi to really show up for us. I just worry we don't have a corner now capable of coming up and playing tight. Both Levi and Dane need to play off and that gives a cushion for New England's dink and dunk style. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, ClemsonBills said:

Dak threw for 445 and 3 TDs. I know the olines are not comparable, but the patriots d can be exposed.

Titans rushed for almost 300 without Derrick Henry.  It can be run on as well.

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Said it yesterday, repeat it today.... if he is healthy this is a Beasley game. 

Yea they are gonna go after Dane in a big way. I expect the Bills to give him a lot of help and consequently we need Levi to really show up for us. I just worry we don't have a corner now capable of coming up and playing tight. Both Levi and Dane need to play off and that gives a cushion for New England's dink and dunk style. 

But I mean...who do they have to go after him with?  Replacement level WR's?

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

But I mean...who do they have to go after him with?  Replacement level WR's?

Jakobi Myers is not a replacement level receiver. He is a possession guy, not a big play guy, but he is a good player. A solid #2. They don't have a true #1 that is true, but Kendrick Bourne has had a nice season too. Not sure he is more than serviceable but they find ways to get him open. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.