Bill B's defensive game plan vs the Bills

Estro

We all know one of the Patriots defensive staples under Bills B is to bracket cover a teams #1 weapon and then stick their best CB on the teams #2 weapon

That got me thinking who would Bill B identify as our #2 weapon. My answer, which I think is fairly obvious is Dawson Knox, especially when the Bills get inside the 30 yard line (or what is being called the high redzone)

I think Diggs will be bracket covered by CB2 and a S and Dawson Knox is going to see a lot of physical bump and run from Kyle Dugger. We will need Cole Beasley, Emanuel Sanders and Gabe Davis to step up and make plays.

This is going to be a game where Allen has to get through his progressions and systematically slice and dice his way down the field.  You know the Pats will look to spy Allen and keep him from escaping the pocket, particularly to his right (where he's pretty lethal).

We need Josh's A game!

• Like (+1) 3

I'd say Emmanuel Sanders would be the 2nd option, but all in all I think the Bills have too many weapons for the Patriots to stop. The real battle is going to be in the trenches. 

Just now, ClemsonBills said:

Dak threw for 445 and 3 TDs. I know the olines are not comparable, but the patriots d can be exposed.

We exposed them last year so badly that Bill Bellichick threw his phone 😆

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Estro said:

We all know one of the Patriots defensive staples under Bills B is to bracket cover a teams #1 weapon and then stick their best CB on the teams #2 weapon

That got me thinking who would Bill B identify as our #2 weapon. My answer, which I think is fairly obvious is Dawson Knox, especially when the Bills get inside the 30 yard line (or what is being called the high redzone)

I think Diggs will be bracket covered by CB2 and a S and Dawson Knox is going to see a lot of physical bump and run from Kyle Dugger. We will need Cole Beasley, Emanuel Sanders and Gabe Davis to step up and make plays.

This is going to be a game where Allen has to get through his progressions and systematically slice and dice his way down the field.  You know the Pats will look to spy Allen and keep him from escaping the pocket, particularly to his right (where he's pretty lethal).

We need Josh's A game!

Diggs thoroughly embarrassed JC Jackson all game last matchup…call me crazy but I’m not too worried about this one if we get brown and Feliciano back.  I think the pats are closer to 2020 dolphins than super bowl contenders…strong opportunistic defense/ pretty decent offense 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ClemsonBills said:

Dak threw for 445 and 3 TDs. I know the olines are not comparable, but the patriots d can be exposed.

I do believe 200 of it was to Lamb, who killed them all game.  Also don’t forget the top two WR > Buffalo top 2 WR.  Lamb was covered by Mills and well it was a very very long day for Mills.

7 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I'd say Emmanuel Sanders would be the 2nd option, but all in all I think the Bills have too many weapons for the Patriots to stop. The real battle is going to be in the trenches. 

We exposed them last year so badly that Bill Bellichick threw his phone 😆

Bill can also go like a zone coverage (tampa 2, cover 2 like coverage, to attack the weakness) as well. I think he'll have lots of schemes try to stop the Bill's.

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I do believe 200 of it was to Lamb, who killed them all game.  Also don’t forget the top two WR > Buffalo top 2 WR.  Lamb was covered by Mills and well it was a very very long day for Mills.

Not sure but Bill can choose go for strength (his D) or go for weakness on Bill's (cover 2 or tampa 2). Buffalo Bills are great in man coverage. Thinking he'll try to mix it up.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Bill can also go like a zone coverage (tampa 2, cover 2 like coverage, to attack the weakness) as well. I think he'll have lots of schemes try to stop the Bill's.

Not sure but Bill can choose go for strength (his D) or go for weakness on Bill's (cover 2 or tampa 2). Buffalo Bills are great in man coverage. Thinking he'll try to mix it up.

Yes, I'd prefer man coverage. I think Josh's legs are going to play a huge factor in this game. He's gonna want this W bad

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I am not too worried about the Bills' passing offense, and if Buffalo gets Feliciano and especially Brown back on the offensive line, I'm not too worried about the running game.  My biggest concern is about whether or not Dane Jackson can hold up as a starter at CB.

I can guarantee he’s going to tested deep at least once by Nelson Agolor.  Guaranteed 

25 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Diggs thoroughly embarrassed JC Jackson all game last matchup…call me crazy but I’m not too worried about this one if we get brown and Feliciano back.  I think the pats are closer to 2020 dolphins than super bowl contenders…strong opportunistic defense/ pretty decent offense 

The Pats have won 6 in a row.  We recently lost to the Jags.  I worry.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

The Pats have won 6 in a row.  We recently lost to the Jags.  I worry.

We lost to the jags missing like 60% of our offensive line by 3 points…our injuries just played perfectly into the only thing they’re decent at. If we were in a similar situation health wise in the trenches I’d be much more worried. I just feel pretty strongly that our best football is coming and this mini bye week gives our Covid dudes opportunity to get back in the lineup 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

58 minutes ago, Estro said:

We need Josh's A game!

Is Judon going to be harassing Allen all game? Will Allen even have time to go through his progressions? 

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

We lost to the jags missing like 60% of our offensive line by 3 points…our injuries just played perfectly into the only thing they’re decent at. If we were in a similar situation health wise in the trenches I’d be much more worried. I just feel pretty strongly that our best football is coming and this mini bye week gives our Covid dudes opportunity to get back in the lineup 

Different defense this year.  We have to deal with Judson, Hightower and Barmore.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

Different defense this year.  We have to deal with Judson, Hightower and Barmore.

Still a fairly soft secondary though…they couldn’t cover diggs with their two best dbs last year.  I think being unbalanced is actually going to work out in our favor for once…they seem to be beating up on teams like the browns and titans that rely on consistently being able to get that 4 or 5 yard rush when they need it.  If we don’t get brown or Feliciano back I will def be concerned though don’t get me wrong. I think we’re really underselling how whack our offensive line talent has been most of this season and reinforcements are coming 

3 hours ago, Estro said:

We need Josh's A game!

I don't think the Pats defensive game plan is too complicated. Just watch the film on the Tenn, Pitts, Colts, and Jags game. It's playing physical on both sides of the lines.  Pressure Allen and play various zones. Pound the rock. The Bills really haven't had answers to combat this strategy. I'm assuming the Bills coaching staff is going to make several adjustments to enhamce their success. Maybe its more Brieda on offense. I'd like to see more of Allen rolling out and creating plays. Perhaps a few more RPOs too. Defensively, I think the Pats will move the ball consistently. They are very balanced and efficient.  The key is to hold them to field goals instead tds. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.