John Brown released from 3rd team

CorkScrewHill

I was not a big fan of letting him go … but the fact that the Raiders, Broncos, and Jaguars have all had him on their team and subsequently cut him is shocking and perhaps indicates there is a decline that theBills front office noticed before making the cut.

Best wishes to him .. truly appreciated his contributions while he was with the Bills

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jaguars-release-john-brown-from-practice-squad/ar-AARh3q5

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 3

19 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I was not a big fan of letting him go … but the fact that the Raiders, Broncos, and Jaguars have all had him on their team and subsequently cut him is shocking and perhaps indicates there is a decline that theBills front office noticed before making the cut.

Best wishes to him .. truly appreciated his contributions while he was with the Bills

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jaguars-release-john-brown-from-practice-squad/ar-AARh3q5

Our offense hasnt gotten better without him

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

That's got to be hard.  One year he piles up 1,000 yards as a starter on a dynamic offense.  Two years later, he can't find a spot on a 53 man squad.

Well, he had an 8 year NFL career. That's way longer than the average. You're gonna hit the wall eventually. Guys in his 30s. Coaches and GMs always go with youth.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Some guys just need the right team, he needed to be here or the chiefs for the long ball.

Where the Bills miss him are on those WR screens.     He had some big TD's on those in games against Baltimore, Seattle and NYJ.    If I recall they tried to run a couple in the Tennessee game this season and ended up killing drives tryin'.    They just don't have a good option for those on the roster.    Diggs can do it but he draws so much attention that it makes it more difficult than doing it with Brown on the opposite side of the field.

26 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

If someone gets injured on the Bills I could see him getting picked up in an emergency role. 

Maybe.........but they've been missing some of the things that he brought to the table all year and they didn't pick him up then.    

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I was a proponent of keeping him on a reduced salary.  Props to McD and Beane for seeing something I did not, and bringing in Sanders who still seems to have the talent and appears to be a solid locker room guy.   

Actually Sanders has basically produced about the same per game as John Brown did last year....50 yards a game.........but with a lower catch % (Brown 63.5% to Sanders 59%).    

Brown was hurt and we were down on his production.    So it's all relative.

Sanders had a very nice stretch in October but yikes..........he's been invisible for a month other than missing drive killing blocks.

WR is a big need for next season.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I was a proponent of keeping him on a reduced salary.  Props to McD and Beane for seeing something I did not, and bringing in Sanders who still seems to have the talent and appears to be a solid locker room guy.   

I saw him get hot in the face with the ball a few times last year after he returned from injury.  That probably did him in here.  

30 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Actually Sanders has basically produced about the same per game as John Brown did last year....50 yards a game.........but with a lower catch % (Brown 63.5% to Sanders 59%).    

Brown was hurt and we were down on his production.    So it's all relative.

Sanders had a very nice stretch in October but yikes..........he's been invisible for a month other than missing drive killing blocks.

WR is a big need for next season.

Give me Dotson from Penn St.  looks like a perfect fit in the offense.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.