Christian McCaffrey out for the season

YoloinOhio

ASSUMING he becomes a free agent after this season...

I know it goes against the macho mindset of the NFL, but some team should really sign him and not play him until next December. Talk it through with him ahead of time: come to a contender who needs a jolt at RB, practice all season, rest up until December, then get a few games to warm up and chase a ring. 

That would be smart management, if his ego would allow it. Can you imagine a 100% healthy McCaffrey joining the Bills offense in early to mid December of 2022, for example? Just one more weapon defenses have to deal with. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Disagree 1

I know that this has been the ultimate "any given Sunday" season, but in my mind, the Bills should absolutely beat the Falcons, Panthers, and Jets. That puts them at 10 wins. Win one of the Patriots games and their playoff ticket should be punched.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Pencil Carolina as an automatic W on the schedule. Then the Jets, Falcons, and split w the Pats. That's 11-6. Maybe they can even stun the Bucs, but that's 4 wins right there. 

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

I know that this has been the ultimate "any given Sunday" season, but in my mind, the Bills should absolutely beat the Falcons, Panthers, and Jets. That puts them at 10 wins. Win one of the Patriots games and their playoff ticket should be punched.

Exactly 💯

28 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

And each year is still the number one Fantasy ranked player.

I've had him for 2 years.  1st overall, then kept for pick 10 in the first the next year.  He's dead to me

10 games played, finished 6 of them.  

0 100 yard games in 2020 and 2021.  

0 rushes longer than 20 yards.  34 first downs on those carries 158 carries.

29 1st downs on 54 catches

8 TDs across the 10 games

667 yards rushing on 158 carries - 4.2 YPC

492 yards receiving on 54 catches - 9.1 YPC

Fantasy wise the usage is high - 20-25 touches per game, and PPR he's good for like 5+ catches per game.  His yards per touch were up from 2020 to 2021, but usage per game was probably down a bit.  At the end of the day though - High ankle sprian, shoulder injury, hamstring injury, and ankle again. 

He's still a dynamic player, but could you get similar production out of 2 cheaper backs?  Factoring out some truly small sample sizes - Hines, Pollard (this guy is better than zeke), Chase Edmonds, Kenyan drake - these guys all have similar yards per touch.  All are paired with more conventional between the tackles rushers.  All have better offenses than Carolina, obviously QB is a huge factor here.  But he's the among the highest paid players at his position and I don't think his impact is great enough to change them from bottom 5 to top 10.

Through looking at all this, i did find some interesting numbers.  Despite Kamara averaging more than double the yards per reception (9.7 to 4.5), devin singletary and him have the same yards per touch.  Singletary has 5 fumbles and has lost 0 (I feel like all of these aren't fumbles, but why would you challenge something for stats if you recovered it)

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

I don't know who this McCaffrey kid is, but I did hear that Cam IS BAAAACK....So, maybe we should worry about that!

I've never been more confident in facing any QB than Cam Newton in 2021.

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

With some help that could even be the 1 seed. AFC contenders are up and down every week. Baltimore has a tough remaining schedule. The Patriots have to go through us. We have the tie breaker versus the Chiefs and they have some tough games left. The Titans peaked at the wrong time. It could happen.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Doc said:

Cam was 5 of 21 for 92 yards against Miami?  Wow.

More Kent Clark than Superman, IMO

28 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I do agree, I think Sammy suffers some from lack of passion for the game.  Don't see that with McCaffrey.  

And McCaffrey was simply overused. In the past, IDK about now.

Edited by Jerome007

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.