Here we go again.... Bills beat a decimated shell of a team in NO and now comes the test

Billsfan1972

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Pats season has been very similar to ours this year but for some reason we give them the benefit of the doubt and not our own team. Blowout wins against mediocre teams with injury problems / bad teams all season. 

The Titans would like to have a word with you......

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

My point was simple. When your RB actually touch the ball 20 times a game your team appears to win, when they don’t based off the last 4 games your team does not win.  

I hate QB designed runs, unless you have Jackson who isn’t really a good throwing QB.. running should always be the last resort because it opens them up to injury and harder hits. Yes that MY OPINION.. 

My point was simple as well: Just because a RB touches the ball 20 times a game, it doesn't necessarily translate into the reason for winning - and when they  have less than 20 it doesn't necessarily translate into the reason for losing. Again, you show a fundamental lack of knowledge of specifics of Bills games or how they play. For example, they were down 14 -0 against the Colts before they ran 9 total plays, and down 24-7 in the first half because of turnovers and other miscues. Do you honestly think they were going to be handing the ball of to RBs?

And I couldn't care less what you think about QB designed runs. It isn't relevant to the discussion. The only thing that is relevant is do the rushes count and have to be accounted for by the defense. The answer is yes.

I hope this won't be true but to this point this season the Bills have beaten most every one they should have but when it comes to proving they can beat a good team they have fallen short .

The Pats are hitting their stride as usual at a good point in the season & this game will be no walk in the park for the Bills they had better bring every thing they have because if they don't this one will be another one in the L column .

Over time is a requirement from here on out in the Bills facility if they expect to make the play offs and not only by the coaching staff but by some of the leaders on the team ...

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, T master said:

I hope this won't be true but to this point this season the Bills have beaten most every one they should have but when it comes to proving they can beat a good team they have fallen short .

The Pats are hitting their stride as usual at a good point in the season & this game will be no walk in the park for the Bills they had better bring every thing they have because if they don't this one will be another one in the L column .

Over time is a requirement from here on out in the Bills facility if they expect to make the play offs and not only by the coaching staff but by some of the leaders on the team ...

They have frankly underwhelmed.....  I blame it on lack of preparation or reading their own press clippings.  

Look at KC, humbled early this year and haven't played particularly well, but did blow out the Raiders & at home won vs. the Rodgers(less) Packers and Cowboys. 

Again though a loss vs. NE shows them to be paper tigers....  

14 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

question for you if you guys had faced TN back then as weak as we did, do you think there is a chance the Bills don’t show up like they did in that game. In other words play as if they should just win because they shows up? (That’s not an insult I’ve seen a lot good teams do it threw the years) 

I'm not following you on this.  Are you suggesting the Bills didn't "show up" vs Tennessee?  Because I don't think that's the case.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not following you on this.  Are you suggesting the Bills didn't "show up" vs Tennessee?  Because I don't think that's the case.

No I am suggesting they didn’t show up for the Jags game, wondering if the Titans had been injury riddled could the same thing have happened against the Titans.  Like I said a lot of great teams threw the years have done that.

53 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And thus if the Bills lose, the teams character should be questioned and heads should roll.

I'm trying to figure out the underlying assumptions here.

Are you assuming that the Bills have the talent to beat anyone, therefore if they lose, they didn't try and therefore have no character?

Because sometimes the overall better team does lose, because the opponent has a better game plan that shuts down their strength and exploits a weakness.  Or because of an injury.  Or it just comes down to a handful of plays.

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm trying to figure out the underlying assumptions here.

Are you assuming that the Bills have the talent to beat anyone, therefore if they lose, they didn't try and therefore have no character?

Because sometimes the overall better team does lose, because the opponent has a better game plan that shuts down their strength and exploits a weakness.  Or because of an injury.  Or it just comes down to a handful of plays.

You aren't going to win every week, but this is one game that Bills, who certainly have the better talent, are at home (with 11 days rest) and the enormity of the game should win. 

If they don't it does bring into question the coaching and teams fortitude.  

There are absolutely NO EXCUSES this week.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Does anyone remember last year......  

Played scared game 1 vs. NE & almost lost (great weather)

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry the Bills on paper are a much better team.  They lose & it then brings to question coaching and players motivation.  The Bills should win by 10+.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And thus if the Bills lose, the teams character should be questioned and heads should roll.

37 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

They have frankly underwhelmed.....  I blame it on lack of preparation or reading their own press clippings.  

Again though a loss vs. NE shows them to be paper tigers....  

17 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You aren't going to win every week, but this is one game that Bills, who certainly have the better talent, are at home (with 11 days rest) and the enormity of the game should win. 

If they don't it does bring into question the coaching and teams fortitude.  

There are absolutely NO EXCUSES this week.

I'll never understand people like you who, because the outcome of a game doesn't turn out the way you want, or the players don't execute plays successfully, or if the team simply doesn't play well (all of which hinge on so many variables), you go straight to questioning their character, commitment, toughness, motivation, desire to win, etc., etc., etc....

It is like you have no ability whatsoever to accurately evalute human behavior...

...or football games.

3 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

You make some very valid and reasonable points. The things that you hope to see are justified. However in all reality there is only 1 thing I need to see. 

1. Bills outscore Patriots.

Just win. Last night Lamar tossed 4 INTs. Baltimore still won. Last week the Ravens were down Lamar and Hollywood. Baltimore still won. They have had approx 317 running backs tear an ACL this year. Still winning. It always looks ugly. But they find ways. That's all that matters. 

Buffalo can play ugly, mistake filled football. Turn the ball over several times. As long as they win. No extra points for pretty in this league.

Correct but what you just described is almost always not sustainable.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I'll never understand people like you who, because the outcome of a game doesn't turn out the way you want, or the players don't execute plays successfully, or if the team simply doesn't play well (all of which hinge on so many variables), you go straight to questioning their character, commitment, toughness, motivation, desire to win, etc., etc., etc....

It is like you have no ability whatsoever to accurately evalute human behavior...

...or football games.

Because those are the facts.  The Bills were one of the 2-3 SB favourites starting the year.  They were still the favourites 2-3 weeks ago.  They have been okay health wise (Tre White notwithstanding) and to this point have been meh imo.  

They've already stumbled a few times and they should have learned from those.  

Yes a little hyperbole, but explain to me why they should not win Monday night and what it says about them if they do lose a game they absolutely must. 

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

The Titans would like to have a word with you......

The titans minus aj brown Julio jones and Derrick Henry? Lol that’s identical to our win over the saints imo. Good defense and offense absolutely riddled with injuries.the only impressive win by either team is the bills win over the chiefs in arrowhead..and whoever wins the game Monday will get an impressive win too. Pats also got the browns missing Chubb and hunt and baker playing with a torn labrum 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

With this game being in Buffalo, on a Monday night, the fans are going to be insane and the place will be jumping. If the team isn't more stoked than they've been in any game this year (barring possibly the KC game) then there's something wrong with them. 

I hope they come out with some runs and some short dump offs for Allen, just to calm him a bit because he's the one position you don't want too pumped and it's a given that he will be.

This is the sort of game that if we win the toss I hope we don't defer and try to take the opening drive for a quick TD. Last thing I want is the Pats doing what Indy did and marching on us with a methodical drive, leaving Allen to get impatient and force something early.

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Watching the Patriots vs. Titans game yesterday, I was reminded, frequently, of how the New England defensive front 7 is going to TERRORIZE this Bills OL.

We hopefully won’t be starting absolute scrubs on the oline if feliciano and brown can go. It’s weird no one outside of this message board talks about that lol that’s been the source of most of our troubles. 

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I also said take Allen out of the equation for runs. Your team ran 

Jags -9 times

jets -21 times

Colts - 11 times

NO - 24 times

You noticing what I am Hapless? When your team runs you win, when you don’t you lose. Mind you Jets are awful and NO O was beyond inept but still you ran you won.. the team was balanced, when it wasn’t the team was not and lost.  

Again I was never saying you can’t run just that the Bills for whatever reason never stick with it and against good teams, especially in the playoffs, will come back to bite them hard especially against a well coached team like NE. 

I will say this now if you run less than 15 times (not counting Allen) on Monday night the Bills will lose. 

I’m a Pats fan, I was talking about Jo Juan Williams and another CB that I think was cut.. but yet we have Jones and Jackson as starters and both undrafted was weird how they found them but wigged badly on second rounders.. 

Why not, in broader terms, the Bills lack the ability to consistently pick up 3 to 5 yards. The passing game traditionally likes chunk plays and the running game seems to average out over the course of the game, but feels like it is a 7 yard run with three 1.5 yard runs only to average out to mediocre. 

Matt Brieda just averaged 2.9 yards per carry, and people were ecstatic

15 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Because those are the facts.  The Bills were one of the 2-3 SB favourites starting the year.  They were still the favourites 2-3 weeks ago.  They have been okay health wise (Tre White notwithstanding) and to this point have been meh imo.  

Yes a little hyperbole, but explain to me why they should not win Monday night and what it says about them if they do lose a game they absolutely must. 

Ok health wise? Lol we were missing two starting offensive linemen and our best run stuffing DT and our starting MLB against the colts and all their backups played terribly. We were missing two starting offensive linemen and Knox against the jags which is essentially more than half of the offensive line.  We have been a disaster health wise as far as good play in the trenches is concerned but I guess no one cares because it isnt skill position dudes.  There’s a pretty decent chance we go into that game against NE with all those guys back and absolutely light them up 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

1. IMO, the biggest issue for this team has been the constant shuffling of the Oline because of the non-availability of players. You do realize our best 5 linemen  Dawson, Feliciano, Morse, Williams, and Brown have played together twice? Or that the top 4 linemen, Dawson, Morse, Williams, and Brown have only played together 4 timesOut of 11 games? Like most teams, they do not have the depth of talent to continually overcome the loss of starters on the Oline and it has shown.

2. A loss on Monday night could happen for any number of reasons and it could say any number of things about the team: Maybe they are not as good as we think they should be, maybe they lose because of turnovers, maybe they lose because of a critical bad call or two, etc. The point is, Based on what I know about this team and what I know about the individual people that make up this team and coaching staff, my first reactions wouldn't be to accuse them of playing scared, being arrogant, not caring, having no desire to win, being soft, having no comittment, having no character, etc., etc., etc.

But hey, you be you, and react like you usually do when you don't get what you want with this team...

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

LOL....they've been okay health wise?  

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.