Here we go again.... Bills beat a decimated shell of a team in NO and now comes the test

Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

No I am suggesting they didn’t show up for the Jags game, wondering if the Titans had been injury riddled could the same thing have happened against the Titans.  Like I said a lot of great teams threw the years have done that.

We were not injury riddled against the titans so absolutely not lol the jags game was the product of essentially missing 3 starters on the offensive line…i don’t get why injuries are an excuse for all our opponents but for us it is not allowed 😂 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, T master said:

I hope this won't be true but to this point this season the Bills have beaten most every one they should have but when it comes to proving they can beat a good team they have fallen short .

The Pats are hitting their stride as usual at a good point in the season & this game will be no walk in the park for the Bills they had better bring every thing they have because if they don't this one will be another one in the L column .

Over time is a requirement from here on out in the Bills facility if they expect to make the play offs and not only by the coaching staff but by some of the leaders on the team ...

They did beat KC in Arrowhead. 

4 hours ago, dneveu said:

The titans were also basically a shell of their team as well. Every team is banged up and guys all over are less than 100%, but they're missing WR1, WR2, RB1 as well as starters at LB and G.

Out - Julio Jones, Nate Davis, AJ Brown, Rashaan Evans, Jeremy McNichols, David Long, Derrick Henry is on IR too.  

Agreed.  That team we would have crushed without Henry, Jones and Brown

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL....they've been okay health wise?  

Our injury rate this year has been excellent for the most part.

It's been a bit worse lately, and then of course we have the TRE incident...

But like 2 Thursdays ago John Clayton was on with Schopp and Bulldog praising Sean McDermott for his ability to keep the team so healthy this year.

Billsfan1972 isn't the only person thinking the injuries have been light this year (notwithstanding the TRE bombshell).

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

1. IMO, the biggest issue for this team has been the constant shuffling of the Oline because of the non-availability of players. You do realize our best 5 linemen  Dawson, Feliciano, Morse, Williams, and Brown have played together twice? Or that the top 4 linemen, Dawson, Morse, Williams, and Brown have only played together 4 timesOut of 11 games? Like most teams, they do not have the depth of talent to continually overcome the loss of starters on the Oline and it has shown.

2. A loss on Monday night could happen for any number of reasons and it could say any number of things about the team: Maybe they are not as good as we think they should be, maybe they lose because of turnovers, maybe they lose because of a critical bad call or two, etc. The point is, Based on what I know about this team and what I know about the individual people that make up this team and coaching staff, my first reactions wouldn't be to accuse them of playing scared, being arrogant, not caring, having no desire to win, being soft, having no comittment, having no character, etc., etc., etc.

But hey, you be you, and react like you usually do when you don't get what you want with this team...

Lol I’ve been saying the same thing every week…people are looking at it backwards imo we have been an absolute mess injury wise and still battled to a 7-4 record. We have essentially been rolling with an offensive line matching the skill level of the chiefs in that super bowl game nearly every week and we are still winning games. We’re gonna get some guys back and likely start rolling

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

But like 2 Thursdays ago John Clayton was on with Schopp and Bulldog praising Sean McDermott for his ability to keep the team so healthy this year.

Billsfan1972 isn't the only person thinking the injuries have been light this year (notwithstanding the TRE bombshell).

Excellent in big name skill position players avoiding IR maybe…but dreadful otherwise in the areas that have been the weak spots. Hard to throw your healthy big name guys the ball when you’re giving up instant pressure because you have absolute clowns starting on the offensive line 🤣 The ignorance of nfl analysts to touch on this is absurd to me anyone with eyes watching the Jacksonville or Indy games could easily see what happened lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Light as far as season ending injuries.  We have had injuries or covid that has come in bunches.  

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Don't let facts get in the way of the narrative some people love to do.

Every team has injuries and have to fill holes.

The Oline was decimated vs. Jax.....  Take that in for a minute Jax......  I don't care who was on the line they scored 6 points vs. them.  That is pathetic.

It's always the same people giving the Bills a pass over & over.  

Yes I'm the one who complained long & hard about the inability to throw for 300 yards and an offensive game plan predicated on 20-17 final scores.  

I have had little bad to say about McD once the offense was allowed to shine, however yes I expect them to beat NE Monday night and take no prisoners, that's what a SB caliber team does.

Edited by Billsfan1972

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

But the fact remains, they've won 6 in a row and 7 of their last 8, while we've split our last 6 games including an inexplicable loss to Jacksonville and very bad losses to the Titans and Colts. 

@Hapless Bills FanI wouldn't categorize Titans as a Very Bad Loss.  On the road and came down to last possession. 

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

question for you if you guys had faced TN back then as weak as we did, do you think there is a chance the Bills don’t show up like they did in that game. In other words play as if they should just win because they shows up? (That’s not an insult I’ve seen a lot good teams do it threw the years) 

My guess is no as Titans B@#$% slapped Bills last year in the Covid Bowl.  Bills would be gassed up no matter who dressed for TEN imho  

5 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

You make some very valid and reasonable points. The things that you hope to see are justified. However in all reality there is only 1 thing I need to see. 

1. Bills outscore Patriots.

Just win. Last night Lamar tossed 4 INTs. Baltimore still won. Last week the Ravens were down Lamar and Hollywood. Baltimore still won. They have had approx 317 running backs tear an ACL this year. Still winning. It always looks ugly. But they find ways. That's all that matters. 

Buffalo can play ugly, mistake filled football. Turn the ball over several times. As long as they win. No extra points for pretty in this league.

That Ravens win was the ugliest I've seen in awhile. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

With how all over the map we've been this year it's hard to get a read on any game. First and foremost we need to come out extremely motivated. Our OL does not have the luxury of playing poorly. Stack the box to stop Harris and put some front 7 pressure on Jones to help our corners ( w/o Tre). Do these 4 things and we win.

I hear u but motivation only goes so far when yer getting yer *** whooped just sayin'...yep!

*cringe*

I throw thoughts at the chatroom wall no disrespect whatsoever we're all in this together mateys

GO BILLS!~!~!~!!!!

m

5 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

You make some very valid and reasonable points. The things that you hope to see are justified. However in all reality there is only 1 thing I need to see. 

1. Bills outscore Patriots.

Just win. Last night Lamar tossed 4 INTs. Baltimore still won. Last week the Ravens were down Lamar and Hollywood. Baltimore still won. They have had approx 317 running backs tear an ACL this year. Still winning. It always looks ugly. But they find ways. That's all that matters. 

Buffalo can play ugly, mistake filled football. Turn the ball over several times. As long as they win. No extra points for pretty in this league.

BOOM THERE IT IS..lol Concur man GO BILLS!~!~!!!

Edited by Muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dneveu said:

The titans were also basically a shell of their team as well. Every team is banged up and guys all over are less than 100%, but they're missing WR1, WR2, RB1 as well as starters at LB and G.

Out - Julio Jones, Nate Davis, AJ Brown, Rashaan Evans, Jeremy McNichols, David Long, Derrick Henry is on IR too.  

Jones has been a dud.  Only 6 games played and hasn't cracked 350 yards.

Without Henry, Titans had 2 guys combine for 240 yards rushing. 

Their D blows.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Because those are the facts.  The Bills were one of the 2-3 SB favourites starting the year.  They were still the favourites 2-3 weeks ago.  They have been okay health wise (Tre White notwithstanding) and to this point have been meh imo.  

They've already stumbled a few times and they should have learned from those.  

Yes a little hyperbole, but explain to me why they should not win Monday night and what it says about them if they do lose a game they absolutely must. 

The Bucs were 7 and 5 after 12 games last year.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Jones has been a dud.  Only 6 games played and hasn't cracked 350 yards.

Without Henry, Titans had 2 guys combine for 240 yards rushing. 

Their D blows.

I wouldn't say he's a dud.  He's accurate, protects the ball and efficient ... doing what they've needed to win 6 in a row.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

@Hapless Bills FanI wouldn't categorize Titans as a Very Bad Loss.  On the road and came down to last possession.

I can understand that perspective, but the fact of the matter is that we went into the half with a lead, improved it to 6 points in the 3Q and then re-took a 7 point lead at the end of the 3Q.   It should never have come to the last possession in any reasonable game.

Our defense literally couldn't stop a nosebleed after the 1Q in that game. 

Starting in the 2Q, we gave up points on Every.  Single.  Titans.  Drive. except 40s end of half and 20s end of game.

That's why, to me, even though we had a chance to win at the end, it was a Very Bad Loss.

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

My guess is no as Titans B@#$% slapped Bills last year in the Covid Bowl.  Bills would be gassed up no matter who dressed for TEN imho  

If that's what the Bills D is like when gassed up Heaven help us when they're on Empty.

I will grant that one of those TDs came off a Josh Allen pick deep in Buffalo territory and put our D in a bad spot.  But we still went into the half in the lead and built on it in the 2nd Q.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

First you can't take Allen out of the equation. Last I checked, his rushes still  count. I don't hear anyone saying if you take Lamar Jackson out of the equation, the Ravens would be last in the league in rushing at 70 YPG. Allen, like Jackson is a rushing weapon. It is part of the offensive identity and needs to be accounted for by a defense.

Second, the Bills this year and last year have not been a team concerned with how much they run, as opposed to being able to run when they need to. You want to say when the Bills have more than 15 rushes, without Allen, they win. The truth is, almost all of the Bills' wins have been double digit wins and included sizeable leads during the game.  While they may have more rushes in their wins, most of those rushes were after the Bills had a decent lead - not the reason for the lead.

The difference between last year and this year is this: Their best starting linemen in both pass and run blocking have played together a grand total of 4 out of 11 games this year. Without them, they have struggled to run the ball when they needed to - and they have also struggled in pass protection as well. When their best lineman have played together, they are averging almost 39 PPG, 470 YPG, 28 rushes PG, and 135 rushing YPG. I am hoping they will be playing together for the rest of the year, starting next Monday night. If they are, I don't have any concerns with them being able to run the ball when they need to.

You are a Pats fan. You don't understand the intracacies of our team better than we do.

And I don't pretend to know everything about your team. Quite honestly, I don't care enough to look beyond the fact they are 8-4 and playing good football. When they play, we'll know which team is better on that day. That is typically how it works. 

FTW

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.