Harrison Phillips playing through torn PCL

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

He is fine as a depth player. And as much I as I would like him to be better now, maybe the injury helps the Bills. He could be tied up for 3 years for super cheap and well outplay his contract while we also find a better version of Star. 

Maybe on another team if he was a back-up only, but not if he plays every week as part of a rotation.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I have no idea how football players do stuff like this...

Thurman Thomas played his whole career with a torn ACL

Other players have too and some without an ACL.  I think the surrounding structure around that knee compensates for it to keep it strong….along with the brace of course.

I would also guess that the player would be much more injury prone and its pretty much incredible Thomas wasn’t always injured.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They love him so much that he has 6 starts in 4 years and has been a healthy scratch about what...8 times?

Exactly...there's no way we resign Phillips. We'll keep him around as depth for the next couple years but finding a starting replacement for Star will be a top priority. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly...there's no way we resign Phillips. We'll keep him around as depth for the next couple years but finding a starting replacement for Star will be a top priority. 

I think Star might get extended a year after the way he's been playing.  I think McDermott is getting sick and tired of getting pushed around and expect him to get bigger in the middle this offseason via FA and draft.  

The dude is and always has been about team & i don't know if anyone has the heart that this guy does i would love to see what he could do if he stayed completely healthy for a off season & during the following season he definitely is a player i think helps the Bills D and proves it with his actions !! 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agree. Thanks for the memories. If Zimmer didn't get hurt he many not have dressed the rest of the year.  They need to draft a true NT body in first three rounds next year

I’m not sure about 1st 3 rounds. I’ve been on the bandwagon for replacing Bobby Johnson with someone that can coach players up… and now I’m also thinking that John Washington may need to go as well. Hard to believe they can’t find any FA or day 3 DT’s who would be better than JAG Harry or Butler.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

6 starts? He’s been a significant part of the dline rotation when he is active… and he missed just about all of 2019 with an ACL tear. Played in 12 games last season and 8 this season.  They def love him… 

"When he's active"....LOL.  Is that your argument?  Then why isn't he active every time he's healthy if they definitely love them?  Does this really makes sense to you?

A guy is a healthy scratch several times and you're arguing they love him lol.

By the way, big win for your Jets!  That win over the Texans can change a franchise around, especially when you have Corey Davis.

Condolences on your Browns.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese

4 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Tells ya exactly how much stock to take in the weekly "injury report". Also at is a nice reminder that not matter how well Joe Fan feels like they are informed on what's happening with the team...we know absolutely nothing.

The only questions I have from this is if his PCL is partially torn...why is he practicing fully? Rest days during the weekly might be a good idea.

You're right Hyde. He's played so little this felt like his 3rd year. Well 1 more season with Harry and bye bye.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think Star might get extended a year after the way he's been playing.  I think McDermott is getting sick and tired of getting pushed around and expect him to get bigger in the middle this offseason via FA and draft.  

He's under contract for 2 more years. McBeane better have the middle of the DL shored up well before that.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Wouldn't an extension free up some money?

He just recently restructured from $10M/year to $6.2M/year.

An extension might move some money around, but not sure how much more you are going to get him to bend. And he's already 32, I wouldnt promise him any more money after 35. Especially considering all his recent choices which impacted his availability.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.