What teams do you fear playing in the PLAYOFFS the most?

Estro

Good question and one I'm having trouble with in this ridiculously jumbled AFC. Anybody considering how things are going?

I was fearing the Chargers but they've really slowed down lately and are showing some issues. Outside of the obvious Patriots, I'll second the Bengals who have a very serious offense that can apparently score with anybody. Mixon has always been a top AFC back since he came into the league and Ja'Marr Chase is incredible. Burrow looks like the real deal.

My biggest fear is this team not getting their head outta their own ass... coaches...players!

To lose to a 1-6 Jags team by the score of 6-9 with all the offensive talent on this team...

If this O line gives Josh time he will tear any defense a new one... provided the Bills OC is actually utilizing his brain with the game plan, play calls. 

Last season this Buffalo offense tore up teams like Seattle, San Fran, Pittsburgh, Denver, Miami with their #1 defense...swept the Patriots... ole smiley threw his sideline phone in a fit when things didn't go his way. Buffalo 39, New England 9! 

Since last seasons playoffs something has changed for the worse with the play calls, game plans regarding decent teams. 

The Bills get it sorted out and this team can go on a 6 game win streak. 13-4 GO BILLS.

• Like (+1) 2

I agree with your order with a couple of changes. Chiefs still the most dangerous at home.  They have been there and done that and now with Tre out, we are less likely to beat them a second time. Then I would put a near healthy titans team in Tennessee second, some places we just play poorly and let’s face it, they would be confident playing us. Then the pats if in New England.  It’s Belicheck with a great d , power running , and their only weakness is jones has no playoff experience and I believe you grow into playoff success. Ravens would be next as they always pressure the qb and this year our line won’t hold up. Lamar can be contained running and they should have lost to cleveland after he threw 3-4 picks.   That’s still a flaw and also a reason I would not worry any longer about the browns. How do you lose a game after so many giftS?  Colts would be actually above the Ravens now , but it’s possible their inconsistency will keep them out. But it took Brady and the SB champs to beat them by only 7 in Indy , so if they do get in , I agree with you they scare me more than the ravens , plus the Colts demolished us at our home and the weather was a factor surprisingly!  Our finesse d line will continue to be a liability unless Starr stays healthy and Oliver continues his inspired year. Bengals are close behind but again, not having won a playoff game in so many years, it’s a process and I think it’s at least one year of an early exit before being serious contenders.    

Chiefs,  followed closely by the titans , followed very closely by the Pats are the three biggest worries in my eyes for the afc championship game to keep us out of the SB.   Playoffs are about past playoff experience; one and done is a different pressure that does play a huge role.

If we ever got there, No Way do I want to ever see TB AND BRADY.  Too much experience and we could get blown out like in SB 27.  Green Bay is close second but I think we could stay within  a one possession result.  Arizona would be a good shot at us winning , we want to rid ourselves of hail Murray forever!   Dallas has a very potent o , but I think their d might still give us an edge.    Would prefer the Cards, then Dallas, GB , then I find a way to lose the afc championship if the Bucs are already known as the NFC  opponent; been traumatized enough by Brady for one lifetime!  Too much experience, too much success against the Bills, strong running and passing game with good receivers that losing Tre makes more dangerous.  Yep , I even have Josh fake an injury if we had to face them so that way we could place the L on tribusky as he is on the way out the door anyhow!  Lol!  Don’t want Josh to be a part of losing 5 Sb’s and go down that path Jim has had to live with all these years! 

Edited by DrPJax

Teams who want to play a straight up power run style of offense because that is the offense the Bills are least well built to stop. So Indy, Cleveland, Tennessee and possibly New England. 

That said with Tre out not sure our pass defense will hold up in the playoffs either so probably any of them. My confidence in our ability to make a deep run at this stage is not high.

• Agree 2

Any team with a strong O line that compliments a competent running game will be a problem. 

Any team that plays a competent passing defense will be a problem.

Any team that doesn't commit a lot of bone head penalties will be a problem.

Any team that's well coached and always on the beneficial side of the referee's whistle will be a problem.

In other words, I want no part of the New England Patriots.

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The Colts because they absolutely destroyed us.  Luckily, they keep finding ways to lose despite being the better team so they might not even make the playoffs.

The Colts are touch and go to even get to 10 wins now. They have Houston next and Jacksonville in week 18 which you would imagine are two wins to get them to 8, but then they would need two from Patriots and Raiders at home, Arizona on the road. It's doable but it's by no means a certainty. I just think when it matters most Wentz will hurt them with inaccuracy and turnovers as he did yesterday. 

7 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

I don't even see the Browns making the playoffs at this point. Baker is messed-up. Chargers seemed to have faded as well. 

Broncos are coming on now. The SNF game next week is a good one with Denver at KC. Its the "warm up" act to Monday night's heavy weight bout.

8 hours ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

The Jaguars…

Although they are not mathematical eliminated yet it should happen in a week or two ;) 

10 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Broncos are coming on now. The SNF game next week is a good one with Denver at KC. Its the "warm up" act to Monday night's heavy weight bout.

Funny how they trade VM and become a better team ;) 

Their D is playing real well.

Just now, TBBills said:

The only thing to fear is the refs. The Bills can handle any team that might make the playoffs.

I think every team in the league can say that. It seems like every time their is a long pass and its incomplete out comes the yellow flag.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.