Bills vs Pats: “pound for pound” teams analysis

Italian Bills

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

If it comes down to kickers both teams are in trouble. Also if both are too 5 it’s a push IMO.. mind you I expect a good close game with either team having a chance to win at the end. 

It's not close because Bass has way more range and is just as accurate

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

No but he has hit 10 more FG than your kicker.. thus why I said even. 

Over what time frame?

This season, he’s attempted 5 more FG than Bass.  He’s missed 2 vs 3 for Bass, giving him a slightly higher FG% at present.

But then, he’s 26 of 30 on XP attempts whereas so far so good, Bass is 34 of 34 on XPs 

I wouldn’t mind calling it a push

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah mate. Tyler Bass is money. He is the only starting kicker in the league to be 100% on PATs. He and Folk have both missed 3 FGs (all long range), but Bass-o-matic has the edge on PATs.

I still have nightmares about Folk after that cowboys/Bills MNF game, where he got the onsides kick And then like a GW 55-yarder. I think that was Folk’s rookie year. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I still have nightmares about Folk after that cowboys/Bills MNF game, where he got the onsides kick And then like a GW 55-yarder. I think that was Folk’s rookie year. 

You know I'd even forgotten that was him. Of course you are right, it was his rookie year. Those were some dark days. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Your honest prediction ? Gimme your cut. Mine is 65/35 Bills. 

Monday night? In Buffalo? My brain says Bills 60/40.. my heart says 75/25 Pats..  

score?  Bills 22 Pats 21 Pats miss a last minute FG. Monday night ratings threw the roof for a great game. 

17 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I think Judon gives them a slight edge

See that’s why I thought LB to Bills was weird.. that’s what Judon is OLB

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Over what time frame?

This season, he’s attempted 5 more FG than Bass.  He’s missed 2 vs 3 for Bass, giving him a slightly higher FG% at present.

But then, he’s 26 of 30 on XP attempts whereas so far so good, Bass is 34 of 34 on XPs 

10 after today’s game.. he hit 5 FG missed 1.  Thus 10 More FG and same amount of misses.. let’s be honest neither team be worried if the game came down to the leg of their kicker within 50 yards.

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Over what time frame?

Folk has missed three too by the numbers I have seen. Perfect under 50, 5/8 over 50. 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Patriots play a 3-4 base D (3 DL and 4 LB).  Judon’s responsibilities as an OLB in that 3-4 are more analogous to a DE in a 4-3.

Judon is a great player.  I coveted him in FA.

Agree on Judon to be a very good player. I’m wondering at what McDermott and Daboll and Frazier will do this week to have the right game plan for this game: to me two main things: protect Allen and hunt Jones almost every snap. 

What about TE? I'd give that to the Pats although Knox is capable of breaking open a big game. Jonnu Smith has been underperforming this year, but the Bills better key on him anyway. 

D- Line and Secondary go to the Pats. 

WR = Bills and that's not even a debate.

O-Line = Pats as they have probably the best or 2nd best behind Dallas

QB = Bills (obviously)

Linebackers = Wash

Special teams = Bills because of Bass

Coaching = really depends. Both our teams have the same record. I'm going on this year and not taking into account the past. It's going to be a Chess like battle between these 2. I'd give the edge to McDaniels as OC and Frazier the edge as DC. It's even to me.

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Monday night? In Buffalo? My brain says Bills 60/40.. my heart says 75/25 Pats..  

score?  Bills 22 Pats 21 Pats miss a last minute FG. Monday night ratings threw the roof for a great game. 

See that’s why I thought LB to Bills was weird.. that’s what Judon is OLB

60/40 is ok to me… considering the way we are playing lately … not so good at all. 

1 hour ago, Italian Bills said:

Here we are ! After this last Pats win, i want to compare the Bills and the Pats in every aspect and see what you think about.

- HC: pats

- QB: Bills

- RB: pats (with Brida maybe even)

- OL: pats

- DL: bills

- WR corps: Bills

- CORNERS & SAFETIES: Bills

- KICKER: Bills

- SP TEAM: even ?

Maybe i forgot to consider some other aspect, if so feel free to add or correct me. That’s the way i see things in this next matchup. To me, the most important thing McDermott and Daboll have to do, is to find a way to give Josh more time to throw and involve Knox much more, because to me Knox is not at Gronk or Kelce level, but to me is a very good TE. 

You’re being ridiculous here half this board think the Bills shouldn’t even bother showing up on Monday 

1 hour ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

You forgot LB

- HC: Edge Pats

- QB:  Edge Bills

- RB: Slight edge Pats

- OL: Edge Pats

- DL: Slight Edge Pats

- LB: Edge Bills

- WR corps:  Big Edge Bills

- CORNERS & SAFETIES: Slight Edge Bills

- KICKER: Edge Bills

- SP TEAM: Even

They have an all star LB Corps, maybe best in the league, and you give us the edge?  lol  

Hightower, van Noy, and Collins probably have more playoff experience than our whole roster and they're the main reason(s) that defense is playing the way it is.  

Fact is we have Allen and Diggs, they seem to have everything else.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.