Around the NFL This Sunday 11/28 (Bills mini-bye)

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, GunnerBill said:

You think they "should" go in to Tampa and win with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin against Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson? 

Yea, gonna disagree with that.

or antonio brown. the whole season will come down to josh allen totally ascending 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

On another note, Lincoln Riley is leaving Oklahoma for USC.  He was my choice to replace McDermott.  I think there is almost zero chance McDermott would be fired but if the Bills miss the playoffs, I hope he leaves for a college job.  

Utter nonsense. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

On another note, Lincoln Riley is leaving Oklahoma for USC.  He was my choice to replace McDermott.  I think there is almost zero chance McDermott would be fired but if the Bills miss the playoffs, I hope he leaves for a college job.  

Why would McDermott leave an NFL HC job with a good young QB to take a college gig?

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Why would McDermott leave an NFL HC job with a good young QB to take a college gig?

There is 0% chance of this happening. McDermott has never worked in college. Why is he leaving an NFL job with a superstar QB to go to college? It is utter nonsense. 

And wanting him to leave is even crazier.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Of course I have.  Bills have the better QB. Bills should win especially at home.  

Sorry but anytime this year Josh has had to do it all by himself he has come up small.

Bill will feast on us all he has to do is force Allen to go into hero turnover mode and that's it while he shields his QB from having to do anything with a running game.

Edited by Sharky7337

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Because he can control everything and some college jobs are better than NFL jobs.  He can have three good young QB's on his team at any time if he recruited well.  There are many college jobs that are better than almost any NFL job.  USC was one of them.  LSU is another open job.  

Like I said almost zero chance it happens.  But if the Bills miss out on the playoffs in a year they were supposed to contend for the SB and Allen is healthy, then his job should be in question.  

I'm the optimist.  I see 5-1 down the stretch with the Bills playing their best football going into the playoffs.   

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. The way I see our season there are three all but certs on the schedule:

Jets

Falcons

Panthers

Then three toughies:

Patriots

Buccs

Patriots

10-7 probably gets us in as a wildcard. 11-6 (split with NE) definitely means a wildcard (they'd have the tiebreak on us via conference record so win the division). 

To get in as a division winner I suspect we either have to sweep New England OR split with them and beat Tampa.

How can you watch the Bills lose to the Jags and say any game is certain. This team is capable of losing to anyone. 

3 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Sorry but anytime this year Josh has had to do it all by himself he has come up small.

Bill will feast on us all he has to do is force Allen to go into hero turnover mode and that's it while he shields his QB from having to do anything with a running game.

You asked my if I watch the Patriots. Did you watch Bills-Saints?  Who won that game?  Allen did.  Allen is the key to everything just as Brady, Wilson, and Rodgers are.  

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Because he can control everything and some college jobs are better than NFL jobs.  He can have three good young QB's on his team at any time if he recruited well.  There are many college jobs that are better than almost any NFL job.  USC was one of them.  LSU is another open job.  

Like I said almost zero chance it happens.  But if the Bills miss out on the playoffs in a year they were supposed to contend for the SB and Allen is healthy, then his job should be in question.  

I'm the optimist.  I see 5-1 down the stretch with the Bills playing their best football going into the playoffs.   

LSU and SEC jobs are actually terrible college coaching jobs. They have to go against Saban and the rest and often don't get any kind of time.

Look at Ogeron. He won the national championship and few years later is fired.

Edited by Sharky7337

If the Chargers win (probable) and Ravens lose (probably 50/50), then all playoff teams in the AFC will have 4 losses and the #1 seed will be fair game. Titans need to lose one more game than us the rest of the way because they have the head-to-head.

Edited by DapperCam

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You asked my if I watch the Patriots. Did you watch Bills-Saints?  Who won that game?  Allen did.  Allen is the key to everything just as Brady, Wilson, and Rodgers are.  

Ya we were playing poorly in the first half and their defense finally gave up in the second half. 

That is a Saints team down 13 starters. If they actually fielded an NFL offense that game is different.

Edited by Sharky7337

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.