Show Tre we're thinking of him; Donations to Food Bank of Northwest Louisiana

damj

32 minutes ago, gobillsinytown said:

Done.  There's also an email address on the donation page where you can send a note saying what your donation is for.

Seems like a very good charity.

They probably have an idea when they see the amount.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I expected more fans to donate.  Pure and simple.

I figured that's what you were getting at.  But I donated earlier and didn't post until just then.  I'm sure the food bank got a ton of money in.

And it doesn't look like a site that will advertise how much money it has raised. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I expected more fans to donate.  Pure and simple.

I sincerely apologize for having had to spend all my money on food for myself, rather than donate it to buy food for other people.  I'll be sure to ask the food bank I'm volunteering as a driver for (that I can barely afford to keep my car maintained to do) what would be an appropriate penance.

3 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Yeah, donated Saturday and didn't post that I did it. 

Would love to know how many meals $27 helps get. Guessing it's not insignificant.

From what I've read, further than most people think.  Food banks generally have much better "purchasing power" than the general population and often have deals with suppliers to get overstock at a fraction of the price.  That's why they might specifically request cash donations rather than loose groceries, which also allows them to streamline their operations with known stock rather than deal with a thousand unwanted odds and ends of stuff with varying expiration dates and whatnot.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I sincerely apologize for having had to spend all my money on food for myself, rather than donate it to buy food for other people.  I'll be sure to ask the food bank I'm volunteering as a driver for (that I can barely afford to keep my car maintained to do) what would be an appropriate penance.

Don't confuse "more" in his post with "every." If you can't afford to donate...then don't. It is that simple. Sarcasm is just passive aggressive jealousy/anger.

2 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Don't confuse "more" in his post with "every." If you can't afford to donate...then don't. It is that simple. Sarcasm is just passive aggressive jealousy/anger.

Wow, you know me so well.  You've really given me something to think about.

Oops, I guess this sarcasm means I'm also jealous of you, somehow.

2 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Thank you - my sentiments exactly.  Obviously there are some who can't or even shouldn't donate due to their own circumstances.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.