Are we built to win at home?

billvernsays

As nice as home field advantage is, are we built to win in sloppy and windy conditions we’ll see in January in Buffalo? 

We can’t seem to run the ball at all and our 2 most effective point generators (Allen and Bass) aren’t able to showcase their true abilities in terrible conditions. 

I’m aware this will impact the visiting teams QBs and Kickers as well, but I guess my point is the weather narrows the gap in those 2 areas were we should have a strong advantage. 

• Like (+1) 1

Think having a good having a strong armed QB like Allen does give an advantage over other teams when playing here in bad weather.  But overall would the Bills be more effective playing in good weather or inside as today are more of a passing team.  Even in the Kelly days, we ran the ball extremely well so we could adapt to the weather.  Seem to recall an early November game against the Cardinals, the Bills won like 10 -3 on a late Ken Davis TD.  No one could do much of anything all game as winds were huge that day.

Assuming Henry were to come back for post season  (is that still possible or is he done, haven't heard lately) and it were 65 degs and sunny in Nashville or 15 with 25 MPH winds in Buffalo, would the Titans themselves rather play the game in Buffalo?

I honestly don't care about the home field advantage. I really do believe Allen on the whole plays a little better on the road. I think he thrives off adversity. It goes along with his whole mentality of not really feeling like he's fully into the game until he gets hit once.

However, what I really do think matters is the bye. Only one team gets that and home field advantage comes with it.

So yes please to home field advantage.

And now that AJ Brown is on IR along with Henry, I can't believe I'll root for the Patriots on Sunday...

maybe...

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, billvernsays said:

As nice as home field advantage is, are we built to win in sloppy and windy conditions we’ll see in January in Buffalo? 

We can’t seem to run the ball at all and our 2 most effective point generators (Allen and Bass) aren’t able to showcase their true abilities in terrible conditions. 

I’m aware this will impact the visiting teams QBs and Kickers as well, but I guess my point is the weather narrows the gap in those 2 areas were we should have a strong advantage. 

We won two games in the playoffs at home last season, did we not?

1 hour ago, billvernsays said:

Tell me who they're playing and I'll give you my answer. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Gotta play a little smarter at home, but yes they are.  Allen can make every throw still.  I think they need to be deliberate with shots and do more underneath game planning. 

Yea we should have a huge advantage in a windy game with a mobile qb with a cannon for an arm.  Unfortunately missing star and edmunds against the colts was just too much for our defense and now everyone is panicking lol

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea we should have a huge advantage in a windy game with a mobile qb with a cannon for an arm.  Unfortunately missing star and edmunds against the colts was just too much for our defense and now everyone is panicking lol

Agreed.  First time getting punched in the mouth on defense all year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.