No more Tre, so what’s up now ? Nothing, some Team has bigger problems.

Italian Bills

Glad someone started a thread in this vein.  Tre White is an absolute gem and it sucks to lose him.  But losing a single defensive player — and a DB, for that matter, who plays a lot of zone — should not be catastrophic.

I’ll throw out a hot take that I’m sure will invite ridicule:  Tre’s absence may not significantly hurt this defense at all.  Time will tell.

Again, I didn’t want for this to happen…not in a million years.  But if the Bills ceased to be a Super Bowl contender simply because Tre White is out for the rest of the season, something is amiss.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Glad someone started a thread in this vein.  Tre White is an absolute gem and it sucks to lose him.  But losing a single defensive player — and a DB, for that matter, who plays a lot of zone — should not be catastrophic.

I’ll throw out a hot take that I’m sure will invite ridicule:  Tre’s absence may not significantly hurt this defense at all.  Time will tell.

Again, I didn’t want for this to happen…not in a million years.  But if the Bills ceased to be a Super Bowl contender simply because Tre White is out for the rest of the season, something is amiss.

I actually agree..........but I think we'd have all been more comfortable if you didn't weigh in hot so soon after you created a LAMP thread to predict that the Bills would win out right before the Indy game.    

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I actually agree..........but I think we'd have all been more comfortable if you didn't weigh in hot so soon after you created a LAMP thread to predict that the Bills would win out right before the Indy game.    

There were two threads about Indy. If my memory serves me correctly, eball created one saying he felt that Buffalo had a good chance to win. Another poster out right said Buffalo would destroy Indy. eball definitely didn't say that. 

7 hours ago, thronethinker said:

Tampa lost all of their starting DBs like week 1, so this is something good teams get over.

The problem is that we have no depth at CB position , I still can’t believe that we didn’t have a legitimate plan if something like this was to happen , 

hopefully we don’t have any more injuries and Dane Jackson can step up and prove me wrong 

17 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

The point is: if it was Allen, i would have been the first to say our season was over, but com’on… allowing that losing Tre is absolutely heavy, we can find a way to reach our goal, but only if the offense start to play great football and not like happened since the Titans game. 

Can we please stop with bringing in Allen in to this ?? Enough already !!!

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I've felt the same way. Losing Tre is a big loss, that's not the argument. At least it was someone on defense. 

If the Bills play up to their ability on offense, they can simply outscore everyone.

Of course. This offense, playing at best, can score 30+ points every game. Our D does not allow other teams to score 30+ points easily… if not very few times. If 100 healty our D is a top 5, no question. 

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

The problem is that we have no depth at CB position , I still can’t believe that we didn’t have a legitimate plan if something like this was to happen , 

hopefully we don’t have any more injuries and Dane Jackson can step up and prove me wrong 

Can we please stop with bringing in Allen in to this ?? Enough already !!!

I’m sorry you are pissed of of my words… i just wanted to say that the only player that could stop our chances to get to the SB with his absence, is Allen. 

32 minutes ago, Draconator said:

There were two threads about Indy. If my memory serves me correctly, eball created one saying he felt that Buffalo had a good chance to win. Another poster out right said Buffalo would destroy Indy. eball definitely didn't say that. 

Your memory doesn't serve you correctly. 

I see it as while the defense may take a step back our offense is set to take 3 steps forward...we have lacked an identity this year on offense and have played relatively conservative to last years standards...we have relied on the defense to always get us the ball back by downs or Turnover...our offense is set to turn back the clocks to 2020 and we are gonna be just fine

25 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Your memory doesn't serve you correctly. 

Neither does yours...

I’m not calling this a “prediction” — just a feeling.  If the injury bug does not infect the team in our most critical spots I think it’s very possible for the Bills to run the table.  Five of eight at home.  A humbling loss two weeks ago to force a “reset.”  A smart, veteran defense.  A coach learning and getting better each week (McD said they left the starters in Sunday “to put the game away”).  And an MVP candidate at QB.  The Pats*** are playing well but they don’t equal our talent.  Tampa has been as inconsistent as anyone.  The Saints with Trevor Siemian?

Take it for what it’s worth.

53 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

I’m sorry you are pissed of of my words… i just wanted to say that the only player that could stop our chances to get to the SB with his absence, is Allen. 

I’m not pissed of I’m just saying with all the back luck we’ve been having of  our key players not being available, I don’t want Allen in the same sentence as injury that’s all , 

but I do agree with you in general !!

57 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

The good news is when we lose from now on we can blame this and fight over it. 

I don’t know how you patriots***** fans behave on your board but we sure as hell are first not planning to lose and second that kind of behavior 

Edited by Putin

14 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Neither does yours...

You must be new.

"I have a feeling" is code for eball wanting to take credit for calling something. :lol:

What Bills fan hadn't contemplated the team "maybe" winning out at that point?

They lost the very next game........and not because of injuries.

His feeling couldn't have been any more wrong. 

(Actual footage of eball's boozy kiss of death)

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Ok, all of us agree that losing Tre for the season is devastating for our “possible” chances to get the job done this year… well, i don’t see it. 

I’m still sure that, even if Tre is an outstanding player, we could afford his absence. It wouldn’t be like this if it was Josh and not Tre to be out for the season. We will find a way to replace Tre or we’ll find a way to make some little change at our defensive game plan… maybe using more double team against the best opposite WRs… or maybe switching more often from man to man to a zone coverage… 

Losing Josh would have been unfixable. So be calm, everything will be ok, if we find a way to play a better football both side, offense and defense, because lately we weren’t so good. 

Some team suffered worse injuries or general losses, ask the Titans with Henry, ask the Texans with Watson.. or what it could be if Indy would lose Taylor, or Baltimore with Jackson, or Green Bay losing Rodgers. 

Of course losing Tre for the season is a bad bad thing, but we can survive it if starting playing better over all. 

No question, the Titans losing Henry and the Texans losing Watson are bigger losses.

And those teams aren't going to the Super Bowl this year because of those losses. Yes, other teams have suffered worse injuries or losses. Those teams are now out of realistic contention.

Losing Tre is big, a really big blow to our chances. It doesn't mean the season's over. But it hurts our chances.

Let's deal with that and move on.

4 hours ago, Putin said:

I’m not pissed of I’m just saying with all the back luck we’ve been having of  our key players not being available, I don’t want Allen in the same sentence as injury that’s all , 

but I do agree with you in general !!

I don’t know how you patriots***** fans behave on your board but we sure as hell are first not planning to lose and second that kind of behavior 

Someone skipped their meds. 

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

No question, the Titans losing Henry and the Texans losing Watson are bigger losses.

And those teams aren't going to the Super Bowl this year because of those losses. Yes, other teams have suffered worse injuries or losses. Those teams are now out of realistic contention.

Losing Tre is big, a really big blow to our chances. It doesn't mean the season's over. But it hurts our chances.

Let's deal with that and move on.

Of course we have to (deal with that and move on). And like many here correctly said, this situation can become a strong motivation for coaches and players to find different solutions on both O and D. On O being more efficient and creative, but most of al we must cut turnovers and penalties down.

On D it can be the time to become more aggressive, trying to get to the QB more often with a better pass rush, or using more blitzes. 

Anyway something has to change with our overall quality and this beside Tre’s injury. Till now they didn’t give me the feeling they are set to be in the contenders’s group honestly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.