Jump to content

EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF


Estro
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

My money’s on you @SlimShady'sSpaceForce. Josh is wearing a throwback cap in his interview -which routinely is the logo the team wears for the next game. Bills PR group -Take a lap!
 

717DB8CC-71B1-414B-B340-2338851A8441.png

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

 

Unsure what the drill is.  That's LB Joe Gilles-Harris next to McD

I think that's "Coach" Klein and Edmunds

 

Is that Milano off to the R in a red "no contact"?

 

While obviously like the rest of you sick-os I live for this content, I kind of hate to see it as well

You just know Belichick has a team of assistants combing through stuff like that looking for clues

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Just, no.

 

If he has a bad game and we lose, nothing has been proven.  


If he has a great game and wins, nothing has been proven. 
 

It’s a very big regular season game.  That is all. He’ll have several years to prove whether or not he’s “elite” or worth even close to his big contract.

 

when Tuesday comes, we won’t know that much more about josh allen than we already know right now.  You act like his career will be defined in this game.  No

 

To my original point I will add that the true proving grounds for any alleged franchise QB is the playoffs and to Allen's credit he's 2-2 right now in postseason play.

 

Also no his entire career will not be defined by one singular game and outing, but it still says a lot about him if he doesn't play well against this team at home in such a high stakes game that very well may decided the division this year. And if the rookie QB on the other side outplays him you better believe any criticism Allen is facing from media, fans, etc will be magnified tenfold.

 

At this point it's really about consistency and in 3 of the 4 losses this team has had so far this year Allen has been a major factor in terms of his play not being up to snuff, even in some of the wins it hasn't been great either.

  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

At this point it's really about consistency and in 3 of the 4 losses this team has had so far this year Allen has been a major factor in terms of his play not being up to snuff, even in some of the wins it hasn't been great either

While I agree Josh has had couple bad games, that's obvious. However you seem to be coming off as it's only Allen being the reason. You fail to mention how bad the OL was when losing players in most of those losses. Are you not taking that into account at all?

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

 

To my original point I will add that the true proving grounds for any alleged franchise QB is the playoffs and to Allen's credit he's 2-2 right now in postseason play.

 

Also no his entire career will not be defined by one singular game and outing, but it still says a lot about him if he doesn't play well against this team at home in such a high stakes game that very well may decided the division this year. And if the rookie QB on the other side outplays him you better believe any criticism Allen is facing from media, fans, etc will be magnified tenfold.

 

At this point it's really about consistency and in 3 of the 4 losses this team has had so far this year Allen has been a major factor in terms of his play not being up to snuff, even in some of the wins it hasn't been great either.

Brady and co got destroyed in both matchups vs Brees and the division rival Saints.  They lost 38-3 @ home iirc.  This game matters.  A lot.  But it’s a blip in what will be the career of Josh Allen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is, of course, a comment. The players are leaving no doubt of their preference. Watching this unfold is extremely frustrating, knowing Terry and Kim could easily afford a dome without affecting their lifestyle in any way but are simply choosing not to do it.

 

The team is better in a dome, Allen is better in a dome, future generations aren't going to want to play in the elements any more than this one is, and the elements provide no advantage whatsoever to the Bills.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

While I agree Josh has had couple bad games, that's obvious. However you seem to be coming off as it's only Allen being the reason. You fail to mention how bad the OL was when losing players in most of those losses. Are you not taking that into account at all?

 

Yes of course, the oline is trash and that's on Beane and the coaching staff and I've discussed this quite a bit in recent days. And contrary to popular belief it wasn't great last year either although the play from Dawkins and Williams was night and day compared to this year.

 

But regarding Allen specifically he has to stop forcing the ball Diggs way into coverage and play a more patient game which I understand is easier said than done but Belichik has a history of feasting off struggling QB's who turn the ball over (which is no coincidence he went out of his way this weak to say glowing things about Allen).

 

Pats defense have forced 12 Turnovers the last 4 weeks while the Bills have offense has committed 11 so to say something has to give is an understatement.

  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

My money’s on you @SlimShady'sSpaceForce. Josh is wearing a throwback cap in his interview -which routinely is the logo the team wears for the next game. Bills PR group -Take a lap!
 

 

I wonder if they switched cause of snow. https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=single-weekly&game_id=2021_NE-BUF^13

I wonder if they switched cause of snow?

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=single-weekly&game_id=2021_NE-BUF^13

Edited by boco357
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Unsure what the drill is.  That's LB Joe Gilles-Harris next to McD

I think that's "Coach" Klein and Edmunds

 

Is that Milano off to the R in a red "no contact"?

 

While obviously like the rest of you sick-os I live for this content, I kind of hate to see it as well

You just know Belichick has a team of assistants combing through stuff like that looking for clues

McD to team before reporters enter practice: “Milano put on a red jersey; Star, begin barfing in a bucket; and Jon, walk with a limp sometimes”. McD can play 4D chess, too.

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Brady and co got destroyed in both matchups vs Brees and the division rival Saints.  They lost 38-3 @ home iirc.  This game matters.  A lot.  But it’s a blip in what will be the career of Josh Allen.

 

People keep making these type of comparisons as if they are apples to apples.

 

If Allen was a proven 7 time SB winning QB your right this game would mean nothing, but obviously that's not the case and winning one division title and getting blown out in the AFC Championship game is all he has to hang his hat on.

  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

My money’s on you @SlimShady'sSpaceForce. Josh is wearing a throwback cap in his interview -which routinely is the logo the team wears for the next game. Bills PR group -Take a lap!
 

717DB8CC-71B1-414B-B340-2338851A8441.png


 

looks like the offense is wearing Blue tops is the practice tweet below 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This is, of course, a comment. The players are leaving no doubt of their preference. Watching this unfold is extremely frustrating, knowing Terry and Kim could easily afford a dome without affecting their lifestyle in any way but are simply choosing not to do it.

 

The team is better in a dome, Allen is better in a dome, future generations aren't going to want to play in the elements any more than this one is, and the elements provide no advantage whatsoever to the Bills.

 

Yeah I was on the fence for a while about the dome/roof because I have always loved the open air stadium Bills home games are known for. Even the high winds/snow etc, it's just a part of Bills history and what I've always known.

 

But clearly to me retractable roof is best way to go. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

 

LOL every time I come here to post one of these.

 

A few more guys on there than we thought.  Gilliam with an ankle isn't a surprise since he was injured during the T-giving game, but hoped he wouldn't be hampered by it.  He takes a large number of ST snaps each week.

 

Interesting that Brown and Feliciano are not listed as limited.

image.thumb.png.e65fcf3dcbd663dcfc3ac22d57420594.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

 

A bills win would certainly change things especially since it would also be the first time they've won consecutive games in 2 months which is crazy to think about for a team so many labeled a SB favorite.

 

This is why I maintain this is truly a defining moment for this franchise and it's not simply cliche. Allen has to prove he's an elite QB and worth even close to the contract given to him in the offseason which means he has to have one of his better games of the season against an elite coach and defense.

 

From McDermott and his staffs perspective, Belichik knows exactly what they are going to do to try and stop Mac Jones. He also will do his best to force Allen into mistakes early in the game especially forcing the ball to Diggs. So there has to be a true xfactor type of gameplan on both sides to overcome an evil genius type of gameplan.

 

If the Bills lose this game it's not only about playing for a wildcard at best this year, it's about a cold hard realization that last year was a true fluke and we'll be looking up to the Patriots again for many years to come.

Very well said. This is definitely a fair assessment, opinion, and post. Great input.👍

1 hour ago, major said:

Pats coaching staff sucks (they can’t succeed anywhere else when given other jobs). Why? Because they cheat y’all! Last season they couldn’t do advance recording and they looked like crap. This season is suddenly back to normal 🎥.No one thought they would rattle off wins or compete with bills for a reason. 

Absurd hope this is just pure hate or sarcasm. 

  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

 

Yes of course, the oline is trash and that's on Beane and the coaching staff and I've discussed this quite a bit in recent days. And contrary to popular belief it wasn't great last year either although the play from Dawkins and Williams was night and day compared to this year.

 

But regarding Allen specifically he has to stop forcing the ball Diggs way into coverage and play a more patient game which I understand is easier said than done but Belichik has a history of feasting off struggling QB's who turn the ball over (which is no coincidence he went out of his way this weak to say glowing things about Allen).

 

Pats defense have forced 12 Turnovers the last 4 weeks while the Bills have offense has committed 11 so to say something has to give is an understatement.

Ok, I didn't see you mention it in your other couple post so seemed like you were saying Allen is the only issue.  As  for the OL last yr and this yr, I agree they weren't great, but not many teams have a "great" OL. They could have done some things better but each teams OL could too but they were solid though for the most part.

 

As far as this year the run blocking does seem a little better, but I think they are at their best with Brown, Mongo (although some are not happy with) and Williams at G maybe could be better than last yrs OL.

 

Anyway, with OL back in tact hopefully Josh gets the time he needs and TO's go away

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF
  • Hapless Bills Fan unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...