EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

23 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

One thing I find interesting with all these Pats fans and Psuedo-Bills fans on here the last few weeks is they never consider another scenario.

It's just the Pats will roll without much resistance. I think they should consider the following:

1. Bills at home on Monday night with 10 Days of rest, and the Pats have to play a tough game against Tenn.

2. Bills are due for a focused, flawless game. Our record in close games this year reflects not a lot of good fortune.

3. They have a rookie QB who hasn't had to face much adversity this year. This could be the game-it's coming.

So, Pats fans and trolls, you better hope the above doesn't prove true.

Patriots are tied for first in year 2 of their rebuild. Pats fans shouldn't worry. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

wait this is your reason they could lose to Miami, in Miami? Really? 

No, it was sarcasm because one of our Bills fans was implying if we lost at home we couldnt win in NE.  I wrote that to show how ridiculous it is.  I fully expect the Pats can beat Miami in Miami.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

But he did fumble. Several

of the Pats* wins could also have been losses if not for a bad call or a play here or there. It’s just what happens in football games. 

I  agree it was close game could have went either way , 

7 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Patriots are tied for first in year 2 of their rebuild. Pats fans shouldn't worry. 

Was that a rebuild really ? They drafted a QB and spent $200 million in free agency 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Did they look great against that putrid Falcons team? I didn’t think so at all. Eyes of the beholder I guess. 

Or until they’re not. I’ll agree this one is a must win because of division implication and it’s the next game. Still don’t know what will happen over the next 6 weeks so we can’t really say they are ALL must win. 

The only ones that really are must win are the AFC games left. Right now their AFC record isn't good with 4 losses all ready. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Putin said:

Was that a rebuild really ? They drafted a QB and spent $200 million in free agency 

Yes...you get rid of your franchise winning QB you are starting over. In fact it's even sweeter because those two reasons is why everyone thought they were going to suck for longer, but it's starting not to be the case.  

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, Putin said:

I  agree it was close game could have went either way , 

Correct.   It was not a re-build.

They had a ton of opt-outs in 2020 and no QB but they were still competitive and never had a culture issue.

They just saved up their shekels in 2020 and spent with abandon in the offseason.........and Belichick always turns over his rosters relentlessly and ruthlessly so it wasn't any big deal adding a ton of new players.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Yes...you get rid of your franchise winning QB you are starting over. In fact it's even sweeter because those to reason is why everyone thought they were going to suck for longer, but it's starting not to be the case.  

The Pats have been trying to draft Brady's replacement for years now. But all of a sudden they're starting over because Tom left. Gtfo with your ongoing nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Yes...you get rid of your franchise winning QB you are starting over. In fact it's even sweeter because those to reason is why everyone thought they were going to suck for longer, but it's starting not to be the case.  

We don’t know what the case is yet , I still think they are a .500 team I don’t see anything special about this team , 

what is it about them that should strike fear please tell me 

Edited by Putin

6 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

The Pats have been trying to draft Brady's replacement for years now. But all of a sudden they're starting over because Tom left. Gtfo with your ongoing nonsense.

??? They actually did when they drafted jimmy garoppolo, but the owner made them trade him away to keep brady which obviously made sense because they won another SB again. So no, they were not trying for years....plus hence why Cam Newton was picked up late in the off season last season because they really didn't have a plan B after brady was not going to sign for cheap. 

4 minutes ago, Putin said:

We don’t know what the case is yet , I still think they are a .500 team I don’t see anything special 

They are tied for 1st place? What do you mean? Their defense is playing better actually statically 2nd behind buffalo. RBs are solid and QB is not making any mistakes, plus their coaching staff is true to form. They fact you feel they are actually .500 and they are not is more a test to who they are and what the coaching staff has done. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Correct.   It was not a re-build.

They had a ton of opt-outs in 2020 and no QB but they were still competitive and never had a culture issue.

They just saved up their shekels in 2020 and spent with abandon in the offseason.........and Belichick always turns over his rosters relentlessly and ruthlessly so it wasn't any big deal adding a ton of new players.

haha bruh is was a re-build. You let go your franchise QB you are rebuilding since that is what generally makes or breaks a franchise now a days.

BB NEVER overhauls a whole team, nor does he spend like crazy. He had to given how 2020 turned out and the pressure from the owner. He tweaks here and there with his rosters, but last year was something different, and why the media made a big deal about it because BB never spent like that before. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

The Pats aren't "rebuilding."  BB probably will not coach much longer, and they're trying to win 1 more while he is still the coach.

NE has one of the oldest teams in the league.  Mac Jones looks good because he is incredibly well-coached. We'll have to see if he's still the franchise guy once he has to carry a team.

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol your right they are pounding the ball up the middle with Harris and Stevenson.  That’s how everyone has beaten the Bills this year minus the Jags.

That’s not true… The Colts pounded the ball.

Tennesee beat the Bills with play action.  Pounding the ball with Henry didn’t work so great after his TD run.

Pittsburgh beat the Bills with a ST TD, good pash rush, and some circus throws and catches.  They also tried pounding the ball with Harris which didn’t work.  

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Even unvaccinated younger, healthier people are more  likely to be

asymptomatic than to have severe symptoms. That’s often lost in all the hype. There’s a good chance both these Bills players are just fine, and simply had to follow the protocols which involved missing games. 

If this is the case, then these two should be ready for Monday night.  I hope so.

11 minutes ago, Success said:

The Pats aren't "rebuilding."  BB probably will not coach much longer, and they're trying to win 1 more while he is still the coach.

NE has one of the oldest teams in the league.  Mac Jones looks good because he is incredibly well-coached. We'll have to see if he's still the franchise guy once he has to carry a team.

They rebuilt the team...I have no clue why it's so hard for some of you to realize that. They rebuilt the team. That is/was the phase this current NE team is in. He is going to coach until he doesn't want to anymore, no signs of him stopping anytime soon. If he was trying for win 1 more, he would not have gotten ride of Brady to go with a rookie QB. That makes no sense. 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

haha bruh is was a re-build. You let go your franchise QB you are rebuilding since that is what generally makes or breaks a franchise now a days.

BB NEVER overhauls a whole team, nor does he spend like crazy. He had to given how 2020 turned out and the pressure from the owner. He tweaks here and there with his rosters, but last year was something different, and why the media made a big deal about it because BB never spent like that before. 

Not even close to a re-build. 

It's basically like when the Steelers went 6-10 in 2003 with Tommy Maddox(after winning 23 games the prior two seasons) and then drafted Roethlisberger and went 15-1.  

Teams that have winning cultures and coaching/management continuity like the Patriots do just re-tool.

Not surprising that a fair-weather Pats fan would doubt Belichick and not understand what re-building means........it's a lot more than just switching out players........but rest assured the Pats won't actually be rebuilding until the next HC comes in.

As for BB not overhauling a team.......I think you better go back and look at some of those rosters 3 seasons apart.    Nobody turns over a roster more than BB.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

They rebuilt the team...I have no clue why it's so hard for some of you to realize that. They rebuilt the team. That is/was the phase this current NE team is in. He is going to coach until he doesn't want to anymore, no signs of him stopping anytime soon. If he was trying for win 1 more, he would not have gotten ride of Brady to go with a rookie QB. That makes no sense. 

It makes sense when you consider that it's fairly well-known that BB doesn't want to leave the team in bad shape when he finally retires. He wants to set them up for success after he leaves.

And he has also said that he doesn't want to coach too far into his 70's, like Levy.

He spent like the typical offseason "winner" in FA, which he never does.  He's all in this year.

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.