EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

My kid's school district has Monday off (something about teacher development, or something), and I live on the West Coast. Now everyone lay off!!!

I’m going to speak out on your behalf and give you the respect you deserve for taking a group of kids as scouts on a camping trip. Football is great, but raising good people is better.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Pats are coming off a 3 game stretch where they caught:

The Browns without Chubb or Hunt.

Falcons without Patterson

Titans without Henry, Jones and Brown.

Sometimes luck runs out. Not shedding any tears here.

Luck would be squeaking by and eeking out close wins in the final minutes every game.

When you are outscoring teams 35-10 on average every week it has little to do with other teams injuries and a lot to do with talent, coaching, etc.

Belichik is a wartime coach and his teams simply don't make the type of mistakes you are seeing from the Bills week in and week out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

58 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

The headline is click bait. Schraeger does not say that  Welcome to YouTube. 

Robinson does say that but mostly they crap on Buff the whole time. 

His vibe is still the Bills...regardless. But if u seen the video how did they crap on the bills?

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Luck would be squeaking by and eeking out close wins in the final minutes every game.

When you are outscoring teams 35-10 on average every week it has little to do with other teams injuries and a lot to do with talent, coaching, etc.

Belichik is a wartime coach and his teams simply don't make the type of mistakes you are seeing from the Bills week in and week out.

Like fumbling in the last minute against Miami, or giving up a 30 yard pass from Dak Prescott on 4th down to lose that game?

Those kinds of things?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't need to look at stats to know that the Bills actual rushing game this year has been poor. If you want to include Allen designed runs that's fine but I would bet most of his rushing production is from scrambles. That's not what people mean when they talk about a team's run game. When the RBs are given the ball we do not consistently pick up positive yardage. Singletary and Moss have combined for 6 rushing TDs this year which is abysmal.

The one thing I will say is that I think the Bills have found some success running the ball over the last few weeks by getting Breida involved and making our run/pass ratio with Allen under center more balanced. But on the whole our run game has been awful most of the year.

Look there we are 13th....lol... right now most of the graphics showing terrible rushing subtracts Allen or QB runs. There have been too many designed runs to throw that out. 

Look Bills rushing attack is flawed. It's not reliable ...but that's not always the problem, and it's not as hopeless as some think, especially with Mongo and Brown back.

Mac Jones gonna look like garbage Monday night. Weather gonna be a huge factor. Lake snow and strong winds gonna be a blowin during the game. I can't wait to sit there and watch him crap his pants. Has he ever played in sideways snow??? Bring it on Lake Erie!!.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

More accurate and meaningful stats: The Bills are 2nd in PPG on offense, the Pats 7th.  The Bills lead the Pats in rushing yds and passing yards per game.  The Bills are 1st in PPG on defense, the Pats 2nd. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The drum that the Talking Heads have been beating, pretty much since the Tennessee game but intensified since the loss to the Jaguars and then the Colts, is that "too much of Buffalo's offense runs through Josh Allen". 

Now, there's some truth to this.  It's true for other teams as well, but no one seems to bring up the same qualifier: no one is saying "the Ravens aren't a balanced team because too much of their offense runs through Lamar Jackson" even though if you take out his 707 yds the Ravens rushing offense would drop to 29th on the NFL, just as the Bills would drop to 31st.  Instead we have announcers mercilessly washing them about how no one can tackle Lamar Jackson (because the Browns couldn't), when I could go on Youtube and find film of some teams sacking Jackson Over. and Over. and Over. in the same game. 

The fact is, so much of the Ravens offense running through LJ is a flaw, as much as so much of the Bills offense running through Allen.  It creates a vulnerability - any time there's a gap in a team's game, it's a lever opposing DCs can exploit.

The bottom line is, we lost to the Jaguars in an embarrassing fashion, and we're going to be wearing the Dunce cap in the media corner  and living it down (if we can) for a while.  And I'm OK with that.  "Buffalo vs Everybody", Baby.

Great post and breakdown.👍

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

Mac Jones gonna look like garbage Monday night. Weather gonna be a huge factor. Lake snow and strong winds gonna be a blowin during the game. I can't wait to sit there and watch him crap his pants. Has he ever played in sideways snow??? Bring it on Lake Erie!!.

I agree if we shut down the run they’re fu@£ing DONE !!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

I like the positivity. However, I'm not so sure the weather will hurt him greatly. I think he hands off the ball often and he doesn't throw the ball past 20 yards. The Pats offense thrives on short quick passes. If anything the wind and weather hurts the Bills more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I like the positivity. However, I'm not so sure the weather will hurt him greatly. I think he hands off the ball often and he doesn't throw the ball past 20 yards. The Pats offense thrives on short quick passes. If anything the wind and weather hurts the Bills more. 

Id rather not have a weather game, but it would be interesting to see Mac play in the elements.   I know it was cold with some flurries in Foxboro last weekend, but has he played in a cold/wind/wet game yet?   I know he didn’t down in Bama. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

I've got one thing to say to all of our "friends" visiting from Cheatersville this week.  Enjoy your stay, and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya on Monday night around 11:30.

Agree...and there are a few resident "Bills Fans" that post here that they are more than welcome to take with them😂

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

While the Titans didn't slow our offense down overall, they did stop it at critical points, in the red zone leading to INTs and not TDs.

Pretty much.

If a team scored 31 points against us would you say "we slowed their offense down?"  

Just now, Scott7975 said:

If a team scored 31 points against us would you say "we slowed their offense down?"  

Depends.  If

-they had 5 Red zone trips but only came away with TDs on 2 of those trips (penalties no factor on 4)

-we stuffed them on "and short" twice

-we finished with more points, including a TD directly following a turnover

....then I would think that's fair to say.  Certainly would be correct that our defense impacted their game.

Would you not agree?

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Their defense is solid. Barring a crazy game from the football gods, this is gonna be tight. It’ll come down to the kickers and I love me some Bass 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.