EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

All that said about no excuses, Duggar is a big loss for them.

Their D plays really solid, complimentary football - but there aren't too many standouts.  Duggar, Jackson & Judon are the 3 who could be called stars, imo.  

I hope we can exploit that, if he ends up missing the game.

• Agree 1

Why do I keep seeing media and fans excluding Allen’s running when talking about the Bills run game. They are 11th in rushing yards per game. A lot of Allen’s runs are designed runs. Kay Adams showed the Bills rushing ranks after taking out Allen’s runs. They don’t qualify Mac Jones’ passing stats by taking away RAC or some other mental gymnastics bull####. Bills are 11th in rushing yards per game. Guess who is 12th? (Hint- Buffalo plays them on Monday) 

• Like (+1) 2

Every team is having to deal with missing players this season due to covid.  Every team has had to suck it up and run with the next man up.  We've done it a few weeks and with Dugger out, the Pats will have to do the same now as well at that spot.

Hope it's just mild symptoms for his sake, but does it help our cause on Monday?  Of course.  No one in their right mind should cry for the Patsies on this one.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Why do I keep seeing media and fans excluding Allen’s running when talking about the Bills run game. They are 11th in rushing yards per game. A lot of Allen’s runs are designed runs. Kay Adams showed the Bills rushing ranks after taking out Allen’s runs. They don’t qualify Mac Jones’ passing stats by taking away RAC or some other mental gymnastics bull####. Bills are 11th in rushing yards per game. Guess who is 12th? (Hint- Buffalo plays them on Monday) 

Its absolute insanity this week. I dont know if i've ever seen every major outlet bend over as far backwards to skew the odds for a game like they have this one. 

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Its absolute insanity this week. I dont know if i've ever seen every major outlet bend over as far backwards to skew the odds for a game like they have this one. 

It'll just fuel the Bills.  They are lousy at being front runners.  Being the hunter versus the hunted, suits them better.

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

Ok first the clip is titled Peter Schrager BELIEVES Josh Allen in Buffalo BIlls vs New England Patriots. 

Then the host brings in a lady talking about the bills and how the coach believes in Josh Allen then the show their selves begin to show buffalo bills highlights.

Kyle proceeds to say pats and puts up a graphic showing their last 8 or so meetings...and as i said every other host actually speaks about the current situation for each team..with Peter and  Michael saying the Bills., in fact..Michael says.."i am still going with the bills, my bills"  I do not see or hear what you are hearing...

like i think you are being very hyper sensitive because that segment was pretty fair with two out of the four host cheering for the bills. 

The headline is click bait. Schraeger does not say that  Welcome to YouTube. 

Robinson does say that but mostly they crap on Buff the whole time. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If (and yes, this is a big if) we beat the Pats convincingly and national pundits focus on this absence (along with likely others based on the way Covid works) I'm gonna be irritated considering I don't think I heard anything from anyone outside of Buffalo fans when we lost to the Colts without Star, Spencer Brown, Mongo, and Edmunds.

Plus we're now missing one of the 3 best players on our team for the rest of the season.

Don't feel bad for the Pats at all.  This isn't an asterisk game.

Buffalo needs to put up or shut up, though.

Pats are coming off a 3 game stretch where they caught:

The Browns without Chubb or Hunt.

Falcons without Patterson

Titans without Henry, Jones and Brown.

Sometimes luck runs out. Not shedding any tears here.

7 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

It'll just fuel the Bills.  They are lousy at being front runners.  Being the hunter versus the hunted, suits them better.

Personally, as a fan, I've enjoyed the last few weeks of coverage nationally.

The Bills are an afterthought, and completely back under the radar.  I think Brees said on Monday that the 3 teams to beat in the AFC were the Ravens, Patriots and Bengals.  Yes, those Bengals.

Meanwhile, the Pats hype is beyond Dallas 1990's level.  They're back!  Mac is just like Brady!  Here we go again - another 20 year dynasty!

If the Bills prevail, it will make winning that much more fun. But, of course, knowing the media they'll hot take right back into hyping the Bills and saying the Pats were all Brady if that happens.

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Honestly, I believe many would be happier than you. You only make yourself relevant when Buffalo has flaws. It's why nothing you say is taken seriously.

Your rebuttal of what those in the media said about this years Bills team is irrelevant and am obvious way to move some goal posts. I was clearly talking about last season and what was said about the Bills by many of those same media people. 

May I suggest you take your own advice, take the Patriots homer glasses off because you may scratch them while performing ***** to the Patriots past rings.

Your personal attacks are unwelcome. Frankly, your post is borderline incomprehensible. I do criticize the Bills organization, coaches, and players. I realize it's not popular here. Thus, the personal attacks like yours aren't uncommon. I stand by my criticisms and they do have merit and validity. Obviously, it's my opinion and I'm not always right. However, this is a place to voice opinions and hopefully get solid feedback without personal attacks. 

How can you talk about the media but disregard the media's feedback this year? Really? Lol

Lastly, I do give credit and props to the Bills when it's deserved. For example, I've criticized and praised Allen many times. 

I'll be the bigger man and Bills fan and take the high road. Hopefully, I'm here to stay and give my feedback. Many on here have appropriately and professionally given me and others great feedback here. I look forward to reading and learning from such knowledgeable bills fans. 

• Angry 1

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Your personal attacks are unwelcome. Frankly, your post is borderline incomprehensible. I do criticize the Bills organization, coaches, and players. I realize it's not popular here. Thus, the personal attacks like yours aren't uncommon. I stand by my criticisms and they do have merit and validity. Obviously, it's my opinion and I'm not always right. However, this is a place to voice opinions and hopefully get solid feedback without personal attacks. 

How can you talk about the media but disregard the media's feedback this year? Really? Lol

Lastly, I do give credit and props to the Bills when it's deserved. For example, I've criticized and praised Allen many times. 

I'll be the bigger man and Bills fan and take the high road. Hopefully, I'm here to stay and give my feedback. Many on here have appropriately and professionally given me and others great feedback here. I look forward to reading and learning from such knowledgeable bills fans. 

I would like to apologize. If my posts are incomprehensible I will take that into consideration and use simpler thoughts and terms in the future so everyone can comprehend. Thank you for pointing that out. Bless your heart! 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

The drum that the Talking Heads have been beating, pretty much since the Tennessee game but intensified since the loss to the Jaguars and then the Colts, is that "too much of Buffalo's offense runs through Josh Allen". 

Now, there's some truth to this.  It's true for other teams as well, but no one seems to bring up the same qualifier: no one is saying "the Ravens aren't a balanced team because too much of their offense runs through Lamar Jackson" even though if you take out his 707 yds the Ravens rushing offense would drop to 29th on the NFL, just as the Bills would drop to 31st.  Instead we have announcers mercilessly washing them about how no one can tackle Lamar Jackson (because the Browns couldn't), when I could go on Youtube and find film of some teams sacking Jackson Over. and Over. and Over. in the same game. 

The fact is, so much of the Ravens offense running through LJ is a flaw, as much as so much of the Bills offense running through Allen.  It creates a vulnerability - any time there's a gap in a team's game, it's a lever opposing DCs can exploit.

The bottom line is, we lost to the Jaguars in an embarrassing fashion, and we're going to be wearing the Dunce cap in the media corner  and living it down (if we can) for a while.  And I'm OK with that.  "Buffalo vs Everybody", Baby.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Success said:

All that said about no excuses, Duggar is a big loss for them.

Their D plays really solid, complimentary football - but there aren't too many standouts.  Duggar, Jackson & Judon are the 3 who could be called stars, imo.  

I hope we can exploit that, if he ends up missing the game.

Doesn’t Duggar have 18 brothers and sisters?  Figure one of them could step in.

• Haha (+1) 2

The Pats have been in the Bills heads for years.  Most of our players didn't suffer through to the extent the fans have....obviously.  

They're a really good team.  We have lost at least one game we never should have lost.  What happened that day is the Jags showed up pissed and possessed and throttled our men up front.  Our team was not mentally prepared for that.  

We could've beaten the Titans.  We should have won the opener.  We got whupped by the Colts.  

Ok, those are rationalizations.  But I think the Patriot hex has come to an end, and this Monday our team will be ready, and we'll take the game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

The Pats have been in the Bills heads for years.  Most of our players didn't suffer through to the extent the fans have....obviously.  

They're a really good team.  We have lost at least one game we never should have lost.  What happened that day is the Jags showed up pissed and possessed and throttled our men up front.  Our team was not mentally prepared for that.  

We could've beaten the Titans.  We should have won the opener.  We got whupped by the Colts.  

Ok, those are rationalizations.  But I think the Patriot hex has come to an end, and this Monday our team will be ready, and we'll take the game.  

I feel like last year went a long way toward breaking the "hex" or whatever it is - but 20 years is a pretty long time.  It feels more like a work in progress.  But I agree - the players didn't experience that, just the fans. I don't think the players really think about it at all.

On a side note, when I peruse the Pats boards, they're always talking about the "in their heads" and "rent free" stuff. And it's absolutely true.  Clearly, as I find myself perusing their boards when there is really no reason to.

But then I think, wait a sec - isn't this the same fanbase that STILL chants "Yankees suck!" at sporting events where NY isn't involved?

48 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Why do I keep seeing media and fans excluding Allen’s running when talking about the Bills run game. They are 11th in rushing yards per game.

I don't need to look at stats to know that the Bills actual rushing game this year has been poor. If you want to include Allen designed runs that's fine but I would bet most of his rushing production is from scrambles. That's not what people mean when they talk about a team's run game. When the RBs are given the ball we do not consistently pick up positive yardage. Singletary and Moss have combined for 6 rushing TDs this year which is abysmal.

The one thing I will say is that I think the Bills have found some success running the ball over the last few weeks by getting Breida involved and making our run/pass ratio with Allen under center more balanced. But on the whole our run game has been awful most of the year.

Edited by HappyDays

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.