EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Ok but you listed the Titans as a team that slowed our offense down.  They didn't.  I was correcting you.

While the Titans didn't slow our offense down overall, they did stop it at critical points, in the red zone leading to INTs and not TDs.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Put your big boy pants on, come out strong, and kick their collective ass.  You want the division you win this game.

Pretty much.

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

why "of all people"? He was known for knocking people out. That quote is him referring to just knocking people out because then you can't execute your plan...

I know what he was referring to (i am a boxing fan) but the quote itself can be and has been applied to anything that requires strategy. When Tyson was boxer he was a loose cannon. He never thought before he spoke. That is what I am referring to.

He once said he would eat an opps. heart, and his opps. kids thsn turned right around and said "praise be to allah" . Tyson now  is totally a different person.  

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

What a change in stance from Bills fans. Just last year they loved GMF and Kay due to the love the gave the Bills. 

I still like it, but I would say overall it has one down hill. Just not much freshness to it anymore, it seems to be getting quite predictable.

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

While the Titans didn't slow our offense down overall, they did stop it at critical points, in the red zone leading to INTs and not TDs.

Pretty much.

The Titans D didn't stop the Bills as much as the Bills stopped the Bills with a pair of bad (but legitimate) holding penalties on the Knox TD run and the McKenzie TD return.

2 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

After i read this post, i actually went back and watched that segment. That was not at all how it went down. They were being realistic about the game and the state of each team at the current moment. Michael Robinson said he was still riding with the bills, that just Josh Allen had to stop throwing picks and take what the defense gives him..something all young QBs don't do (funny that is what Mac Jones does, but gets kill for it) The other host, Peter Schrager was just making a statement saying if have to beat the Pats to end all of this... 

You definitely didn’t rewatch it.

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

why "of all people"? He was known for knocking people out. That quote is him referring to just knocking people out because then you can't execute your plan...

If you actually listen to Iron Mike now he’s a very intelligent dude.

40 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I know what he was referring to (i am a boxing fan) but the quote itself can be and has been applied to anything that requires strategy. When Tyson was boxer he was a loose cannon. He never thought before he spoke. That is what I am referring to.

He once said he would eat an opps. heart, and his opps. kids thsn turned right around and said "praise be to allah" . Tyson now  is totally a different person.  

Agreed...I've also heard the same phrase but replacing "punched in the face" with "when the bullets start flying".

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I agree. This is why I hope the Bills use their first two picks on Trevor Penning and Breece Hall. Let Penning and Dawkins fight it out for starting LT. Loser goes to guard

Give me Kenneth Walker over Hall!  I’d be happy with that in rd 1&2

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

The Titans D didn't stop the Bills as much as the Bills stopped the Bills with a pair of bad (but legitimate) holding penalties on the Knox TD run and the McKenzie TD return.

Eh.  You can make an argument that "the Bills stopped the Bills" on other drives as well, but here's what went down on the Bills 5 RZ trips:

1st and 10 from the Ten 12: neither a first down nor a TD.  No penalties:4 yd pass to Motor; 3 yd run by Moss; incomplete pass.  FG.

1st and 5 from the Ten 5: Holding on Sanders nullifies TD to Knox, 1st and 15: 3 yd pass to McK; 2 yd run by Moss; incomplete pass to Diggs.  FG.

1st and 10 from the Ten 15: pass to Diggs, TD

1st and 5 from the Ten 5: pass to Sweeney, 2 pt conversion Knox to Allen, TD  Included a 2nd and 1 run by Allen stuffed for no gain.

1st and 10 from the Ten 12: 4 yd run by Moss; incomplete pass to Sanders; 5 yd run by Allen; 4th and 1 run by Allen stuffed for no gain

I think we got to give the Tenn D some credit on 2 of those 5 drives with no penalties etc.

Then there's 1st and 10 from the Buff 25, short pass to Zack Moss intercepted at the 27 yd line resulting in a Ten TD 2 plays later

There was a Zach Moss fumble on another drive after a short pass, followed by a tackle for loss on a run.

These could also be considered as the Bills stopping the Bills, in addition to the Manny Sands hold and the McKenzie TD called back.

Bottom line, points to both sides.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

It's not even just Brown being an upgrade at RT, it's also Darryl Williams kicking inside at RG to upgrade that position.  

2/5ths of our OL improve when Spencer Brown is out there.  

If Feliciano plays, while not a stud guard by any means, he can be average, and average is a slight upgrade over Boettger.  

If Dawkins can ever snap out of it, when healthy, that's the making of a decent OL.  

All very good points.  Let's hope they all play their best on Monday night.

• Agree 1

I'm going to be on a Boy Scout campout with my son over the weekend, and will miss watching this game live. I'm debating whether I will look at the score before I watch this on Game Pass. Honestly, this game has me more on edge than any game I can remember. More than the AFCCG last season.

14 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Agreed...I've also heard the same phrase but replacing "punched in the face" with "when the bullets start flying".

The quote is "no plan survives first contact with the enemy". Variously attributed to Ike, McArthur, others...but likely first stated by von Moltke.

Edited by Dukestreetking
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm going to be on a Boy Scout campout with my son over the weekend, and will miss watching this game live. I'm debating whether I will look at the score before I watch this on Game Pass. Honestly, this game has me more on edge than any game I can remember. More than the AFCCG last season.

Boy Scout campout on Monday night?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

They also went on ad nauseum about the Patriots running game and the Bills lack thereof.  The Patriots are 12th in the league in rushing yards per game, right behind the Bills at 11.  Kay mentioned how bad the Bills running game is if you take away Josh Allen's rushing totals...okay fair point, but nobody talks about the Ravens rushing totals if you take away Lamar's numbers. 

It's just such a spin game and the media is playing everything into their narrative.  It is frustrating because as a Bills fan you can see the holes in their analysis, but it isn't like this team hasn't been overlooked before so we should be used to it.

What so silly to me is the constant theme of “if you take Allen’s rushing out.”  Like it doesn’t count if he rushes for 10 yards because it’s not running back.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I gave Breece the nod because of his abilities in the passing game 

I hear ya. It would likely have to be Hall anyway.  I think Walker will probably be the 1st rb taken in the draft and not available when we pick in rd 2

4 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Do they really, though?

It's funny how last year when we ripped off a string of wins tons of people (even some here) liked to point out they we didn't beat anyone that was any good. Seems fitting to play that same game with the Pats here. Lets see what they have done over the least 6 weeks.

Jets: They hung 54 on a very bad Jet team. This was also the start of the Jets "Mike White Era" as the Jets lost Wilson early.

Chargers: This was a good win at the time, however we have seen Herbert take a sizable step back this year. Still, the only win I'd call solid in their streak.

Panthers: Sam Darnold started. Shouldn't need any further comment.

Browns: No Chubb or Hunt for this game. Mayfield is playing this year with 1 arm. Case Keenum closed out the game.

Falcons: Again, played a team without their biggest offensive weapon in Patterson. Allowed them to focus on Pitts. 

Titans: No Henry, No Jones, No Brown. 3rd straight game of catching a team shorthanded.

To their credit the Pats still lined up and won their games. No let down. But aside from PERHAPS the Chargers game I'm not impressed by any of their wins in this streak. Their other 2 wins this season? A 2nd one over the Jets and a win over the Texans (that was very close to a loss with Davis Mills at QB).

They have lost to the Dolphins, Saints, Bucs and Cowboys. We are better that 3 of those teams and not that far off from the Bucs this year.

I am THANKFUL the Pats ripped off his win streak. Their fanbase is getting very smug again.  Monday night in Buffalo they get a very small sample of what we went through various times for 20 years where we thought we had something and watched the Patriots rip that to shreads. Buffalo wins this one and it's not even going to be close.

Have to disagree with you. Not long ago, the media was giving the Bills mad hype. They were putting us in the top of their rankings and talking super bowl appearance. What changed? The Bills starting losing, playing average to poorly, and weaknesses started to be obvious. 

Following your logic, who have the Bills beat? You think that's impressive? Six game winning streaks are pretty had to come bybin the NFL. The Pats absolutely should be appalled for their success. 

There is little indication that the Bills will blow out the Pats. Sure it could happen and no one would be happier than me. Take off your homer hat and be a little more fair with your post. 

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Her statement was actually that Mac jones was the BEST qb in all the AFC right now. Thats absurd. I would hope anyone with some actual sense would feel the same way.

nah. The topic was actually best QB in the whole conference. Which makes her answer even more absurd.

I didn't see it. Depends on the context. Allen has been pretty inconsistent this year. It can be argued that Jones is playing better than him. So in essence he is the best right now. I doubt she was saying overall Jones is better than Allen. 

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.