EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

3 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Don’t watch the GMF segment about the upcoming game.

They showed just about every negative play of ours this season. Brought up Belichick’s dominance of McDermott without bringing up Brady at. Brought up how nobody runs against the Patriots without bringing up how the Titans just ran for almost 300 yards a week ago.

If Bills play a clean game they win this game by 10+ points.

After i read this post, i actually went back and watched that segment. That was not at all how it went down. They were being realistic about the game and the state of each team at the current moment. Michael Robinson said he was still riding with the bills, that just Josh Allen had to stop throwing picks and take what the defense gives him..something all young QBs don't do (funny that is what Mac Jones does, but gets kill for it) The other host, Peter Schrager was just making a statement saying if have to beat the Pats to end all of this... 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

To be fair, I think Beane figured that re-signing Williams and Feliciano WAS "sinking some real money into the offensive line" in a productive way. Williams was very good at right tackle last year. Feliciano was just average. Nevertheless, with these two on board last year, the Bills offense was lights out. 

I certainly don't think Beane expected Williams' play to drop off so drastically or for Feliciano to report to camp 20 lbs lighter without consulting the training staff about it.

I, too, wish they had addressed the guard positions in a more meaningful way -- specifically, with draft picks. Many on these forums wish the same thing. Still, some of the drop-off in level of o-line play (Williams, Feliciano) was difficult to foresee, and it's not as if they haven't made an effort at all. 

All of that said, I hope they pour serious draft capital and/or free agency dollars into the interior o-line this offseason. The tackle and center spots are fine, but they need to do everything in their power to improve at guard. Enough of this "throw mediocre players at a wall and see what sticks" strategy.

Agree with most of his. However with the way Dawkins has played we really need some insurance for him. Of course I am not aware if his decline is truly COVID related and what lingering issues there may or may not be...but I will say this. I caught it 2 years ago and suffer from COVID lung. I still haven't recovered fully. Not sure if it ever goes away. Can't even go grocery shopping without fatigue...and pre COVID I was a runner. 

In this day and age teams need to do whatever they can to see the unseeable. Plan for scenarios that many never happen. I believe that was a part of the reasoning they signed Trubisky.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Ghost_002! said:

After i read this post, i actually went back and watched that segment. That was not at all how it went down. They were being realistic about the game and the state of each team at the current moment. Michael Robinson said he was still riding with the bills, that just Josh Allen had to stop throwing picks and take what the defense gives him..something all young QBs don't do (funny that is what Mac Jones does, but gets kill for it) The other host, Peter Schrager was just making a statement saying just beat the Pats and end all of this... 

I haven't been watching the sports' shows much. This take is reasonably fair, if correct. I don't think Mac Jones has the option of not taking what the defense gives him. Intelligent game manager is what he is. If he is asked to make the wow plays, more often than not I suspect he will fail.

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

After i read this post, i actually went back and watched that segment. That was not at all how it went down. They were being realistic about the game and the state of each team at the current moment. Michael Robinson said he was still riding with the bills, that just Josh Allen had to stop throwing picks and take what the defense gives him..something all young QBs don't do (funny that is what Mac Jones does, but gets kill for it) The other host, Peter Schrager was just making a statement saying if have to beat the Pats to end all of this... 

I found it to be even handed and an honest assessment of the game.  Since beating KC the team has been unpredictable.  Correct the problems and start winning. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am pretty amped up for this game. 

I feel like Mcd referencing the "1st place Pats" means they are locked in and loaded. This will be a KC game like effort. The Bills know they can't keep up the win one, lose one back and forth ride  into December.  

The Media is definitely riding the Patriots hard. The MAC love fest is in full bloom. . Belichick is no fool, when asked after last weeks Win - he referenced his answer along the lines of get back to me after Monday Night. I imagine in his mind this game will tell a lot to how far his team has come. 

We got some guys coming back which should help our lines get back to being really physical. 

One team is going to make a statement Monday Night. I am feeling great we will be that team. 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The media messaging here is a PR clinic. If the Pats win, the evil empire is back.  If they lose, bust out your fraud narratives for the NFLs most hated team. It's a win-win for the talking heads and click chasers.

No, they'll just wait for the 2nd matchup if the Pats lose and blame loss on Bills Mafia and home field advantage

24 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I dont need that. Its become my morning go-to based on even and fair coverage over the years with some good entertainment mixed in. The last couple weeks from them and every other outlet has been downright silly.

Their breakdown of the matchup this morning was embarrassing. It was literally 5 minutes of all the the things the Pats can do well and how the Bills(when they actually took 10 seconds to mention them) stand no shot because they suck at running the football. And it ended with Schrager chiming in that the Pats could run the division again for 20 more years.  it was ridiculous. 

They also went on ad nauseum about the Patriots running game and the Bills lack thereof.  The Patriots are 12th in the league in rushing yards per game, right behind the Bills at 11.  Kay mentioned how bad the Bills running game is if you take away Josh Allen's rushing totals...okay fair point, but nobody talks about the Ravens rushing totals if you take away Lamar's numbers. 

It's just such a spin game and the media is playing everything into their narrative.  It is frustrating because as a Bills fan you can see the holes in their analysis, but it isn't like this team hasn't been overlooked before so we should be used to it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Logic said:

While it's more than fair to be critical of the Bills' coaches this year, I disagree with this statement.

The second Dolphins game and the Saints game stand out as games where halftime adjustments were clearly made, and were effective. 

They have been outcoached and out-schemed at times this year, I won't deny that. But they're not suddenly terrible, and they don't "make zero halftime adjustments". For all the hand wringing on here, the offense and defense are still above average in most categories, and the Bills are still 7-4 (not 2-9, like one would think based on some of the comments around here).

Ok maybe 0 was to harsh, but there’s been way more times in the first half we’re Allen has been in shotgun trying to throw the ball all over the field. And have picks or fumbles and bad sacks and just try to come back after halftime and do the same thing. 

17 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Agree with most of his. However with the way Dawkins has played we really need some insurance for him. Of course I am not aware if his decline is truly COVID related and what lingering issues there may or may not be...but I will say this. I caught it 2 years ago and suffer from COVID lung. I still haven't recovered fully. Not sure if it ever goes away. Can't even go grocery shopping without fatigue...and pre COVID I was a runner. 

In this day and age teams need to do whatever they can to see the unseeable. Plan for scenarios that many never happen. I believe that was a part of the reasoning they signed Trubisky.

I agree. This is why I hope the Bills use their first two picks on Trevor Penning and Breece Hall. Let Penning and Dawkins fight it out for starting LT. Loser goes to guard

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I haven't been watching the sports' shows much. This take is reasonably fair, if correct. I don't think Mac Jones has the option of not taking what the defense gives him. Intelligent game manager is what he is. If he is asked to make the wow plays, more often than not I suspect he will fail.

Yea. This is not college anymore. Those windows close up quick in the NFL. I honestly do not understand why more coaches do not have their young QBs take it slower. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I agree. This is why I hope the Bills use their first two picks on Trevor Penning and Breece Hall. Let Penning and Dawkins fight it out for starting LT. Loser goes to guard

Would be awesome but both may be top 20 picks😞

Edited by TheBeaneBandit

3 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Yea. This is not college anymore. Those windows close up quick in the NFL. I honestly do not understand why more coaches do not have their young QBs take it slower. 

Teams adjust. Teams will find Mac Jones weakness. Like all QBs there going to adjust and have to find something to learn and improve. Just like this year Allen cover 2 or tampa 2, he's adjusting and improving on it. Getting good underneath routes. It will go bad (tampa 2, cover 2) vs teams will wear  there d out by going 15 plays or such as well using the clock.  

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Teams adjust. Teams will find Mac Jones weakness. Like all QBs there going to adjust and have to find something to learn and improve. Just like this year Allen cover 2 or tampa 2, he's adjusting and improving on it. Getting good underneath routes. It will go bad (tampa 2, cover 2) vs teams will wear  there d out by going 15 plays or such as well using the clock.  

Yea it's the natural progression. As soon as there is enough film on him or any other player.  That's when we know for sure  if they can hack it. The ole, everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the face"  quote -  Mike Tyson.

ha ha so funny that-that is a great quote coming from Mike Tyson of all people from back in the days. 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Yea it's the natural progression. As soon as there is enough film on him or any other player.  That's when we know for sure  if they can hack it. The ole, everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the face"  quote -  Mike Tyson.

ha ha so funny that-that is a great quote coming from Mike Tyson of all people from back in the days. 

why "of all people"? He was known for knocking people out. That quote is him referring to just knocking people out because then you can't execute your plan...

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Good point.  I hope Brown can make make that much of a difference. 

It's not even just Brown being an upgrade at RT, it's also Darryl Williams kicking inside at RG to upgrade that position.  

2/5ths of our OL improve when Spencer Brown is out there.  

If Feliciano plays, while not a stud guard by any means, he can be average, and average is a slight upgrade over Boettger.  

If Dawkins can ever snap out of it, when healthy, that's the making of a decent OL.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I want a brave reporter to ask bills players and coaches about them being labeled soft. 

The local reporters are either on payroll or want to be on payroll. Anyone left is in celebrity awe.

btw I can’t listen to hired hand Maddy. A shame too, no chance pagulas ditch her. If you “need a woman” Jenna Cottrill in ROC, so much better…

Every team needs one Mt Washington. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.