EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

McKenzie is useful for a number of reasons on offense. He often goes in motion and it's not necessarily for a jet sweep, though it does give the defense something else to think about. I recall a play where McKenzie went in motion as if he was going to do a jet sweep. Instead, he kept running while Josh dropped back to pass. Josh hit him and he was wide open. Those plays are effective and useful. The argument that McKenzie isn't is flawed. Also, he had some great games as a receiver in the playoffs last year when the rest of our receiving core was beat up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

McKenzie is useful for a number of reasons on offense. He often goes in motion and it's not necessarily for a jet sweep, though it does give the defense something else to think about. I recall a play where McKenzie went in motion as if he was going to do a jet sweep. Instead, he kept running while Josh dropped back to pass. Josh hit him and he was wide open. Those plays are effective and useful. The argument that McKenzie isn't is flawed. Also, he had some great games as a receiver in the playoffs last year when the rest of our receiving core was beat up.

Do it with Diggs.  The 2 or 3 possible touches from it should go to Diggs.  They havent used him in that method much and I think its an easy way to get him involved in the game.  I think Mckenzie is a good role player.  He will be needed again.  Just not this week.  

Stevenson made his first appearance in a Primetime game, in his home state after 3 days of practice.  That was a big deal for him.  He got through it.  Like his aggressiveness on Punts and his speed will shine on kick returns.

Edited by Mat68

9 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I'm excited to see what Dane can do too. The kid has some skills. Still learning, but he's clearly pretty good in coverage.

Yeah he's pretty decent. He does seem to bite on the double move a little more than you'd want, but he's learning. Also he tackles well and that's a good thing. Anyways, he's getting his chance now for sure so hope he takes advantage of it.

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Really nice and quick video on Dane Jackson Ron Cover 1:

Hopefully he’s learned how to defend the double move…. My guess is the Patriots set him up all game before eventually calling one. 

Edited by ScottLaw
  • Agree 1

It’ll be interesting to see what game plan Daboll comes up with for this one. Im sure he’ll have a wrinkle in the tank like when they played the Chiefs (not that exact game plan, but the wrinkles). I just hope he doesn’t overthink it. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

It’ll be interesting to see what game plan Daboll comes up with for this one. Im sure he’ll have a wrinkle in the tank like when they played the Chiefs (not that exact game plan, but the wrinkles). I just hope he doesn’t overthink it. 

agreed. He cannot outmart himself. Let’s get some balance on offense again.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Are there a lot of Pats fans pretending to be Bills fans posting in this thread? Don’t these people have anything better to do?

No there are a lot of Pats fans pretending to be Pats fans posting in this thread.

Oh and one guy who is pretending to be a Bills fan, but who was all over the Dolphins last year and is all over the Patriots now.

and evidently the answer is "No, they don't"

Watching NBC Sports Boston. Matthew Fairburn is now a Pats reporter for the Athletic. The narrative this week is the Pats already won this game. Matt Jones is miles ahead of Josh Allen. Bills are a soft team because they'd rather pass than run. Think we are the "greatest show on turf" but we play is cold sloppy Buffalo.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No there are a lot of Pats fans pretending to be Pats fans posting in this thread.

Oh and one guy who is pretending to be a Bills fan, but who was all over the Dolphins last year and is all over the Patriots now.

and evidently the answer is "No, they don't"

They will be MIA after this week.

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF
  • Hapless Bills Fan unpinned this topic