EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This one says 24 mph gusts but 7 mph winds mostly at night.  I'm on a laptop watching my son watch another kid on youtube playing a game that he has and I bought....he would rather watch someone else play it.  

Yea forecast matches - 40 mph gusts during the day Monday. 

7 days away this will change.  

Saying 24 mph gusts at night.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This one says 24 mph gusts but 7 mph winds mostly at night.  I'm on a laptop watching my son watch another kid on youtube playing a game that he has and I bought....he would rather watch someone else play it.  

These kids have all been cucked by their vidya games and its weirdest thing ever.  I just got my original NES back and the only way I'm watching another man play Duck Hunt on my old Nintendo is if he tapes my eyes open after he kills me.  Also he will need to figure out how to get the gun to work.  It doesnt work on modern TVs.  

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Success said:

I appreciate your belief in him, but he doesn't play against Dak or Brady.

And man, was Brady off that game.  I don't know if it was nerves or BB knowing him so well - but that game is probably a blowout 9x out of 10.  The Pats scored 17 points - saying he went "toe to toe w/ Brady" kind of glosses over that.

He really hasn't proven anything, except for efficiency & accuracy in an offense where he's not asked to do much, and that is designed specifically for what he does well.  He has faced almost zero adversity in the NFL to this point. And he is protected as well as just about any other QB in the league.  I can't believe the time he has in the pocket when I watch some of those games. 

He wins that's all that matters. Remember it's hard to win in this league. 

15 minutes ago, Success said:

I appreciate your belief in him, but he doesn't play against Dak or Brady.

And man, was Brady off that game.  I don't know if it was nerves or BB knowing him so well - but that game is probably a blowout 9x out of 10.  The Pats scored 17 points - saying he went "toe to toe w/ Brady" kind of glosses over that.

He really hasn't proven anything, except for efficiency & accuracy in an offense where he's not asked to do much, and that is designed specifically for what he does well.  He has faced almost zero adversity in the NFL to this point. And he is protected as well as just about any other QB in the league.  I can't believe the time he has in the pocket when I watch some of those games. 

Against the Cowboys, a better D,  they scored 29 points AND he rebounded right after throwing a pick 6. 

also the protection has happened since the last 5-6 games before that he was getting hit hard and often. 

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

These kids have all been cucked by their vidya games and its weirdest thing ever.  I just got my original NES back and the only way I'm watching another man play Duck Hunt on my old Nintendo is if he tapes my eyes open after he kills me.  Also he will need to figure out how to get the gun to work.  It doesnt work on modern TVs.  

Why are you playing an original NES when there’s MarioKart on the Nintendo Switch?

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Against the Cowboys, a better D,  they scored 29 points AND he rebounded right after throwing a pick 6. 

also the protection has happened since the last 5-6 games before that he was getting hit hard and often. 

Dallas was probably his best game.

I'm not saying he hasn't been impressive. But he's been impressive for a rookie who is being perfectly coached & set up to succeed.  As I've said, I think 4 of the 5 QB's selected first in that draft would likely be doing the same.

The hype is over the top, but it might pan out.  WAY too many pronouncements that this is the best QB from that draft.  Allen's draft would have been ranked completely differently from how it is now in years 1 or 2.

Jones has great protection & is never asked to carry the team, or be much more than efficient in a short passing game.

28 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

24 mph winds with gusts up to 40 mph??

Fml

That is per my AccuWeather app

It's still a long way out...nothing will be meaningful weather wise until about Saturday.

Weather.com only has 11 mph winds for the game tho FYI

4 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

He's still a rookie. 

I like McD's record against rookie QBs playing them the first time.

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

cool. So yet another game rendered totally unwatchable by the weather. Going to be 9-6 score. And people like this? 

There is nothing like this on weather.com. Way too early to make any sort of definitive predictions of the weather for the game until at least Saturday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm not saying he hasn't been impressive. But he's been impressive for a rookie who is being perfectly coached & set up to succeed.  As I've said, I think 4 of the 5 QB's selected first in that draft would likely be doing the same.

The hype is over the top, but it might pan out.  WAY too many pronouncements that this is the best QB from that draft.  Allen's draft would have been ranked completely differently from how it is now in years 1 or 2.

Jones has great protection & is never asked to carry the team, or be much more than efficient in a short passing game.

That's what you want out of a rookie QB. 

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's still a long way out...nothing will be meaningful weather wise until about Saturday.

Weather.com only has 11 mph winds for the game tho FYI

Not saying wind isn’t possible, but accuweather always seems to overestimate wind speeds from my experience with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

That's what you want out of a rookie QB. 

Where did I say it isn't?

Because he's playing this way as a rookie doesn't mean it's a natural trajectory to franchise QB, league MVP & HOF.

This might be as good as he gets. Which is actually what scouts basically said about him - most pro ready, lowest ceiling.

• Agree 4

Same key issues go focus on:

1. Finishing drives with points, preferably TDs.  Would it surprise people that we crossed the 50-yd line 7 times! against the Jags, and only came away with 2 FGs.  Our offensive struggles haven't been moving the ball, its finishing with scores "consistently" and not stalling at the 35-45 yard line of opponents.

2. Win the turnover battle.  We need to play turnover-free on offense, NE is coached well to punch/strip the ball.  Then on defense, NE offense has also done a great job of scoring points/moving the ball, so we need to be opportunistic and keep them to FGs if anything.

3. Stay balanced on offense.  Run/pass, but also with formations, and taking timely shots downfield.  

4. Penalties have been drive killers for us, on both sides of the ball.  Need to stay disciplined and not give cheap yards.

5. Play with intensity and energy.  Need to set the tone early and keep the fans engaged/loud throughout.

Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Success said:

Allen’s  class was a weak class for QB. None was considered good year one, Mayfield had a few good games and Jackson had success but to this day people knock his QB play. But first 2 years the class was probably considered a Bust with Allen and Lamar being the only two ok QBs.

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Allen’s  class was a weak class for QB. None was considered good year one, Mayfield had a few good games and Jackson had success but to this day people knock his QB play. But first 2 years the class was probably considered a Bust with Allen and Lamar being the only two ok QBs.

Worse than EJ’s year?

Not every year is 1983, though in general it’s getting easier to find QB’s I think for a lot of reasons. 

I wouldn’t want to be QB needy going into this draft. 

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Hmm...I would say it was an equivalent QB class at the time.  Mayfield/Darnold/Allen were all 1st overall pick candidates at various points leading up to the draft.  Rosen was even highly thought of by some evaluators.  

In terms of performance, Mayfield has a historic rookie season.  Probably borderline top 5 of all time.  Mac Jones, IMO, is having a similar season so far.  

Josh's class had 2 MVP candidates, him and Jackson, and a solid QB in Mayfield.  Rosen, Darnold are busts.  

Will Jones' class be similar?  Maybe in year 1 it will have similarities. 

17 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

They might say the same about Mac's class in a few years.

I think Jones is so hyped right now that it's much more likely he'll end up disappointing to an extent.  But maybe not.  Who knows.

Edited by Success

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.