EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Coaching is definitely in the Patriots'* favor and it's not even in the same universe.

My biggest fear is the Bills' coaching staff over-thinking/over-coaching and trying to get cute, rather than make a gameplan based on who we have, what we do well and which matchups we can exploit --- which is exactly what makes Bill Belichick the best.

This is the truest sentence in this thread.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

It reminds me of when Jets fans kept saying Darnold is better than Allen. How did that work out? Game Manager Jones is doing well but he is nowhere near Allen in talent. 

Lol I heard “Game Manager” on this site for 20 years with Brady.  (No Jones isn’t Brady but you guys love your game manager insult lol) What I don’t get is why people think that’s bad. As a rookie I want my QB be a game manager while he learns anything more is inviting disaster.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

What Patriot fan is saying that? I know I am not, as I have said previously I came into this year figuring the Bills win the division and the Pats would be in the playoff race with between 9 to 11 wins.  (said this before the season started)

Now do I think the Pats can beat the Bills? Yes. Will it be easy? No..  As I stated in this thread I believe any outcome will not shock me especially since both teams have played terrible games (Jags, Texans) and also played at high levels (KC, Dallas).. 

At least on the internet, most Pats fans have written the Bills off as a threat.  Mac Jones is already playing than Brady ever did in his 1st few years, the defense is the best in the league, they still have the GOAT coach, and the league should be cowering in the face of yet another Pats dynasty.

It's not ALL Pats fans of course, but that seems to be the growing consensus.  

The media is right onboard, as well. Every narrative is "here we go again," and "at least the other teams in the division had a year."

Which is all stuff I don't mind. The Bills didn't do well when they were hyped. I'm hoping they can get back on track being under the radar.

Someone might have mentioned it, but BB said that the D was practicing punching the ball out all week last week. And they got 4 turnovers yesterday.

Ball security & making sure those punts get off in time will be key.  Come to think of it, let's avoid punting altogether.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's see how Mac does on Monday night with our defense and the Stadium deafening signal callers. If he survives that we can talk about NE and KC in the  championship game. My feeling is the Bills know this game can catapult them into home field throughout thus NE will get their best. We haven't seen Josh's best yet this season.  Bills get an early lead and the defense plays downhill. You can match positions all you want, when a team gets down early generally young QBs get uncomfortable. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Success said:

At least on the internet, most Pats fans have written the Bills off as a threat.  Mac Jones is already playing than Brady ever did in his 1st few years, the defense is the best in the league, they still have the GOAT coach, and the league should be cowering in the face of yet another Pats dynasty.

It's not ALL Pats fans of course, but that seems to be the growing consensus.  

The media is right onboard, as well. Every narrative is "here we go again," and "at least the other teams in the division had a year."

Which is all stuff I don't mind. The Bills didn't do well when they were hyped. I'm hoping they can get back on track being under the radar.

Well right now statistically I think they do have the top D and a GOAT Coach. That said anyone who is a Pats fan doesn’t see this year as a bonus year is just lying. (Bonus as in unexpected and definitely before we expected them be so good.)

Bills are the better team will be interesting if the better coaches can make the less talented team win.  Again as I said repeatedly I want a good game with no major injuries hurting either team. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol I heard “Game Manager” on this site for 20 years with Brady.  (No Jones isn’t Brady but you guys love your game manager insult lol) What I don’t get is why people think that’s bad. As a rookie I want my QB be a game manager while he learns anything more is inviting disaster.

Honestly I wish Allen had a bit more Brady/game manager in him. As amazing as he can be sometimes, when he refuses to play to the sticks and isn't hitting on chunk plays it costs us drives. 

Brady has been vocal his entire career that basically he is always playing for the first down. At some point a first down will be a touchdown. I don't want Colt McCoy behind center either. But no QB can be consistently reliable at converting 3rd and 7 over and over again, because you keep taking shots deep on early downs. 

Edited by Mango
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I was wrong about the Jets and off by a game since the Colts did what I expected the Jets to.

You can believe whatever you want about the Patriots game but they are the better team across the board and it's not even unrealistic to say they have the slight edge right now at QB when you look at Mac Jones numbers in his last 6 compared to Allen.

Also people still insist on calling this guy a 'game manager' despite the Pats leading the league in scoring differential and average 35 points a game in their 6 game streak. Game managers simply don't do that and there's nothing the Bills defense is going to do to slow him down and we won't even get anywhere near him with our pass rush which means he'll continue to dink and dunk up and down the field and make big plays in the play action game similar to the what Tannenhill did against the Titans (who BTW the Pats defense destroyed yesterday unlike the the Bills).

And the way Allen has played in recent weeks is a nightmare matchup against the Pats defense who won't even have to worry about making the Bills offense one dimensional because they already are so expect another multi INT/turnover game which will also enable the Pats to win and win big in this game.

The fact that you expected the Jets to do what the Colts did should discredit anything you say and tell this board exactly who you are.

Bills defensed faced Henry, Brown, and Jones.

Pates defense faced none of them.

Your post are troll garbage. Get a new schtick.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 7

The Patriots certainly have a good team.  But I think many Bills fans are annoyed by the un-tempered exuberance being showered upon them these days by football talking heads on television and elsewhere. I watched Good Morning Football on Friday morning following the Bills v. Saints game.  The overriding opinion of the panel was that the victory shed no light on the Bills as a team because they beat an injury depleted Saints team.  While a fair point, there was no mention that the Bills offense was great against a Saints defense that was relatively healthy or that the game was basically over early in the second half.  Contrast that with the discussion about the Patriots win this morning on GMFB, where the panel gushed about the Pats being the best team in the AFC while failing to mention that the Titans rushed for 270 yards despite missing their 3 best offensive players; and kept the game close until early in the 4th quarter despite missing key defensive players and having made made numerous devastating mistakes (2 fumbles, missed field goal and extra point, horrible tackling, etc).  I get that the talking heads on shows like GMFB are simply entertainers, who rely on new storylines to keep fans engaged.  But their inconsistency in dealing with the Patriots is particularly annoying to non-Patriot fans, especially given the past 20 years. 

All of this is to say, that I am really looking forward to the game on Monday.  Like every one else on this board I care most about the Bills winning each week, winning the division, and hopefully winning the Super Bowl.  But a Bills win on Monday comes with a bonus; quelling the recent unabashed media love-fest for the Patriots. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wait did he just say Jones > Allen? Umm No.. better coached? Maybe (talking OC) .. better? NO CHANCE IN HECK!  Allen is the better player right now and it’s not close.  

That doesn’t mean the Bills win just that they have the better QB. 

It’s not BB who calls the O that’s MacDaniels.  Also easier said than done.

That dude is our resident troll.  He likes to pump up all teams not named the Bills.  He said the Jets would destroy us.  Last year it was Miami, Pats and the Jets.  Well I guess this year is not much different.

McDaniels never gets enough credit because how good BB is.  He is one of, if not the best OC's in the league.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The fact that you expected the Jets to do what the Colts did should discredit anything you say and tell this board exactly who you are.

Bills defensed faced Henry, Brown, and Jones.

Pates defense faced none of them.

Your post are troll garbage. Get a new schtick.

basically each week is the same narrative and then when the blind squirrel finally stumbles upon his nut he mumbles some sort of idiotic "i told you so"

• Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Game manager is not bad IF... you have the defense to back it up and said game manager improves to a franchise QB.  Game manager QBs don't last long.  No idea which way Mac goes but he has a strong start for sure.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Game manager is not bad IF... you have the defense to back it up and said game manager improves to a franchise QB.  Game manager QBs don't last long.  No idea which way Mac goes but he has a strong start for sure.

Exactly, right now this is the best ANY Pats fan could have hoped for. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.