EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Last year the D had given up. We had Cam “I can’t throw anymore” Newton and an O incapable of doing anything. This year they ALL seem to feel it and think the group is special.  Pats also had a rag tag group by the final meeting. 

that said new year and no one knows what will or could happen. I just want no major injuries to derail either teams playoff hopes. 

That's correct, Niether team is the same as last year, the once hopeful AFC favorite has not lived up to expectation. Where as the pats have been better than expected 

2 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

From NFL.com - Next Gen stat of the game: The Titans defense blitzed just six times, but generated two pressures and two sacks on those plays.

From NFL.com - New England, for its part, couldn't run it at all for most of the way, although the ground attack began to yield more against a tired Titans defense late in the game. 

My note - I never heard of the LBs playing for Titans in 2nd half and the coverage and tackling showed it.

see below - from yesterday's game.  Very relevant for Bills as  Titans played lots of zone D

I’ve watched the game twice. They were always sending 5 or more every on every play. It was more to run stop but 5 or more is a blitz..  also as I mentioned they punted ONCE. If you sell out for one thing it opens up others. That’s why the Pats switched to a heavy screen passing game. 

One game isn’t a trend but the game plan by the team.  That’s why I asked :)  I doubt be the same game plan for Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Success said:

I see other coaches trying to "be" Belichick when they play him.  If BB was coaching this Bills team, he'd go off direction, and emphasize the run, or screen game, or put in another wrinkle to try to be unpredictable.

But essentially, we agree. I don't think McD should try to be BB.  We just need to play our game.

Where I disagree is the "by far" in more talented. We do have more talent - but it's not that much of a gap.  That's a good, well-rounded, physical football team.  I don't care about the quality of their opponents:  they have won 6 games in a row, in the NFL.

It's definitely a mixed bag when comparing the teams, especially with Tre out for the season.  

On Offense, I think we have the 3 best players on the field...  Allen, Diggs and Knox.  However, they have an identity on Offense with a strong OL, solid running game and Mac Jones hitting his WR's and TE's in the short to intermediate range with the very occasional deep shot.  I have no idea what our identity is on Offense..  It basically amounts to "We have an elite QB and you can't cover Diggs, Knox and our deep WR group".   Except teams can when our beat up OL is struggling and/or they pin their ears back unbothered by any semblance of a run game/screen game.   We hopefully get Brown back, and maybe even Feliciano, so perhaps we finally see what this Offense can be starting Monday Night and then into the Playoffs.  

On Defense, we'll see what we are without Tre... I think it's still a Top 10 caliber Defense, but we will definitely miss him.  The Pats Defense is definitely very good, and they have a guy we wish we had in Judon.  Maybe Oliver is turning into that, but Judon is definitely the most disruptive defensive player on the field - and without Tre, I think they may have the two biggest playmakers on Defense in Judon & Jackson.  We are still strong at Safety, Linebacker and Slot, but this DL is the group that needs to turn "pressure" into actual negative plays to offset the loss of White.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I’ve watched the game twice. They were always sending 5 or more every on every play. It was more to run stop but 5 or more is a blitz..  also as I mentioned they punted ONCE. If you sell out for one thing it opens up others. That’s why the Pats switched to a heavy screen passing game. 

One game isn’t a trend but the game plan by the team.  That’s why I asked :)  I doubt be the same game plan for Buffalo. 

I was only looking and noting pass plays re the blitz.  Seemed to affect Jones timing even when they didn't get home on blitzes.

Without TreDay the Bills will have to play more zone so what Titans did will be helpful.  Just hope Bills LBs and DBs tackle better than Titans did yesterday.

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Last year the D had given up. We had Cam “I can’t throw anymore” Newton and an O incapable of doing anything. This year they ALL seem to feel it and think the group is special.  Pats also had a rag tag group by the final meeting. 

that said new year and no one knows what will or could happen. I just want no major injuries to derail either teams playoff hopes. 

The bolded doesn't really fly.  If the D gave up, they gave up - that's part of the game.  Just like the 1st game:  I've lost count of the # of times I have heard Pats fans say about that one, "If Cam hadn't fumbled, we would have won."  No, that's not true. If Cam hadn't fumbled, he would have gotten a 1st down.  And there were a few plays in the last minutes that went both ways.  That's the game.

I don't really know what to expect on Monday.  I don't think any outcome would surprise me.  Close game, blowout, Pats win, Bills win...could be anything.

Here's the way I see it, one team has won six straight games in dominating fashion the other is 3-3 in their last six including losing to the worst team in the AFC and getting thumped at home by a dome team.

Both teams have a top defense in key metrics, although the Patriots have more sacks and turnovers.

One team has the greatest coaching in league history and the other a solid coach that is still somewhat unproven until he wins the big games consistently.

The patriots last year came into Buffalo and nearly won with Cam Newton and a shell of the team they are now. It took a fumble in the final minute to win the game.

Long story short, it's going to take a herculean effort to win this game and even stay in it IMO and this is the game where Allen needs to justify his $250 Million contact...no excuses anymore he will be the be the sole reason the Bills win this game.

As a football fan first what more do you want?  This is arguably the best 2 teams in the conference.  Division at stake.  Buffalo swept them last year, New England owned them previously.  I like how Buffalo matches up.  New England fans like how they match up.  To me Allen is becoming the next great Qb.  Big time gotta have it games are won by big time Qbs.  I got Buffalo 31 - 21.  

• Like (+1) 2

When was the last time the Bills had this big of a game at home in front of 72,000? Last year's playoff games against the Colts and Ravens were bigger but that was in front of only 6,700. Throw in the fact that this is in primetime and I can't wait to see how insane the stadium will be on Monday night.

30 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Seemed to affect Jones timing even when they didn't get home on blitzes.

This seems to be the key to stopping their passing game. Jones is being lauded breathlessly everywhere, but he isn't effective when he is pressured and out of rhythm. He's a rookie, so I would think it would be effective to disguise the coverage, blitz the occasional safety or corner, and otherwise take away the short game. Dare him to beat you deep, especially if there's any weather. 

The Bills have infrequently had their A game this year.  They are due.  If they bring their A game, they win. 

Belichick has done a great job with the Pats this year, maybe his best coaching ever given his losing record without Brady.  But watching the game carefully, the Pats are highly choreographed.   Jones arm strength is average at best, and on the rare throws over 10 yards, he typically hits only when his man is wide open.  Pats have not been thrown off their choreography in this 6 game winning streak.  An early punch in the mouth and making them improvise will be the key.

42 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Idk J.C Jackson seemed pretty fired up when he was in Diggs face in the first quarter.  Its easy to say they gave up after Diggs snatched their soul in the second half.  

Buffalo knows New England and New England knows Buffalo.  There are no surprises here.  I think Mac Jones has a rookie performance vs a style of zone he hasnt really experienced before. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bills are who they are right now because of poor inconsistent play. This game we’ll go the way they allow it. A lot of teams have been inconsistent this year, really not sure why we are seeing so much crap play by good teams. I get a laugh though how everyone says we had our way with a bad Saints team but is drooling over the Pats beating the Titans. This game comes down to how Buffalo plays, just like all their other losses. Bills gotta shape up and stop shooting themselves in the foot, they do that they win. 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Watching the Patriots yesterday they are patient and efficient.   I think the X Factor for the Bills Monday night could be Beasley.   The Patriots defensive line is aggressive and Josh cant hold the ball as long as he has been.   Getting the ball out quick will be important, and that usually means Beasley.   Mixing in some RB screens will be important as well.  Huge game, cannot wait!

And increasingly Knox & Brieda.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Here's the way I see it, one team has won six straight games in dominating fashion the other is 3-3 in their last six including losing to the worst team in the AFC and getting thumped at home by a dome team.

Both teams have a top defense in key metrics, although the Patriots have more sacks and turnovers.

One team has the greatest coaching in league history and the other a solid coach that is still somewhat unproven until he wins the big games consistently.

The patriots last year came into Buffalo and nearly won with Cam Newton and a shell of the team they are now. It took a fumble in the final minute to win the game.

Long story short, it's going to take a herculean effort to win this game and even stay in it IMO and this is the game where Allen needs to justify his $250 Million contact...no excuses anymore he will be the be the sole reason the Bills win this game.

This is such a stupid comment. Stacked up amongst many of your other takes through the season. It'll take a typical balanced/solid performance from the team. Hercules, nor any other type of demi-god-like, performance will be needed. I honestly hope you are purposely trolling when you say some of this stuff, because otherwise i worry about you.... and your brain. 

.... Lets all not forget about you calling the jets blowing us out. Thats honestly probably one of the worst predictions i've seen on here in years.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Success said:

The bolded doesn't really fly.  If the D gave up, they gave up - that's part of the game.  Just like the 1st game:  I've lost count of the # of times I have heard Pats fans say about that one, "If Cam hadn't fumbled, we would have won."  No, that's not true. If Cam hadn't fumbled, he would have gotten a 1st down.  And there were a few plays in the last minutes that went both ways.  That's the game.

I don't really know what to expect on Monday.  I don't think any outcome would surprise me.  Close game, blowout, Pats win, Bills win...could be anything.

No, I mean by the second game any hope for a playoff run or anything substantial was gone.. The was no real reason outside of personal pride to give much push.  In other words they wanted tee time and not kickoff time lol.

Did I say something about the first game? (Sorry getting over Covid) if I did I shouldn’t have last year has no impact on this year. 

if I am honest I am shocked the Pats have been as good as they have been this year. I expected a playoff run, I never expected them be challenging the Bills for the division.  Like you any outcome won’t shock me either.  Again my main hope is both sides avoid major injuries so the playoff push for both teams continues. 

• Agree 1

On 11/27/2021 at 12:11 AM, LABILLBACKER said:

It will be up to their health/energy level. The protocol time is over. We need them all back if they are 90%.

We're going to force him to throw deep. Everyone in the box.

That would make sense but I have a feeling Frazier will be scheming to make sure Agholor and Harry don't beat us deep for some reason.

14 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is such a stupid comment. Stacked up amongst many of your other takes through the season. It'll take a typical balanced/solid performance from the team. Hercules, nor any other type of demi-god-like, performance will be needed. I honestly hope you are purposely trolling when you say some of this stuff, because otherwise i worry about you.... and your brain. 

.... Lets all not forget about you calling the jets blowing us out. Thats honestly probably one of the worst predictions i've seen on here in years.

I was wrong about the Jets and off by a game since the Colts did what I expected the Jets to.

You can believe whatever you want about the Patriots game but they are the better team across the board and it's not even unrealistic to say they have the slight edge right now at QB when you look at Mac Jones numbers in his last 6 compared to Allen.

Also people still insist on calling this guy a 'game manager' despite the Pats leading the league in scoring differential and average 35 points a game in their 6 game streak. Game managers simply don't do that and there's nothing the Bills defense is going to do to slow him down and we won't even get anywhere near him with our pass rush which means he'll continue to dink and dunk up and down the field and make big plays in the play action game similar to the what Tannenhill did against the Titans (who BTW the Pats defense destroyed yesterday unlike the the Bills).

And the way Allen has played in recent weeks is a nightmare matchup against the Pats defense who won't even have to worry about making the Bills offense one dimensional because they already are so expect another multi INT/turnover game which will also enable the Pats to win and win big in this game.

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I was wrong about the Jets and off by a game since the Colts did what I expected the Jets to.

You can believe whatever you want about the Patriots game but they are the better team across the board and it's not even unrealistic to say they have the slight edge right now at QB when you look at Mac Jones numbers in his last 6 compared to Allen.

Also people still insist on calling this guy a 'game manager' despite the Pats leading the league in scoring differential and average 35 points a game in their 6 game streak. Game managers simply don't do that and there's nothing the Bills defense is going to do to slow him down and we won't even get anywhere near him with our pass rush which means he'll continue to dink and dunk up and down the field and make big plays in the play action game similar to the what Tannenhill did against the Titans (who BTW the Pats defense destroyed yesterday unlike the the Bills).

And the way Allen has played in recent weeks is a nightmare matchup against the Pats defense who won't even have to worry about making the Bills offense one dimensional because they already are so expect another multi INT/turnover game which will also enable the Pats to win and win big in this game.

The Pats are not even close to better across the board. and i wont even entertain your qb statement. You're talking out your a**. its embarrassing 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.