EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

11 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Pats 211-63 over there 6 game win streak 

+148 24.6ppg margin of victory

It's this type of crap that gets old. When the Bills were wiping the floor with the Texans, Miami X2, Jets, Washington, and KC for that matter all the excuses about level of competition wouldn't stop. 

Now NE beats up the Panthers, Browns, Falcons and Jets. Barely beat the Texans and beat up Titans without Henry, Brown and Jones and the talk of Super Bowl doesn't stop.

OY!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If we can play mistake free football and not turn the ball over we got a an easy route to a W. A very depleted titans team had multiple opportunities to put points on the board and got rocked by turnovers, which ultimately put the game out of reach. 

Their offense plays efficient. Don’t give them any free possessions. That is how you win. 

4 minutes ago, uninja said:

If we can play mistake free football and not turn the ball over we got a an easy route to a W. A very depleted titans team had multiple opportunities to put points on the board and got rocked by turnovers, which ultimately put the game out of reach. 

Their offense plays efficient. Don’t give them any free possessions. That is how you win. 

Easy? First the Bills have to commit to the run. Will they? I mean Tanny had less than a 100 yards passing… so that’s the way to win also the weather was snowy and cold..

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

he also dusted Lattimore on a sick goal line route. I’m not worried about Jackson on Diggs, but worried about the Pats front 7 making life miserable on our passing and running game. That being said if the Bills play mistake free football and don’t turn the ball over they have more than a real shot. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, uninja said:

he also dusted Lattimore on a sick goal line route. I’m not worried about Jackson on Diggs, but worried about the Pats front 7 making life miserable on our passing and running game. That being said if the Bills play mistake free football and don’t turn the ball over they have more than a real shot. 

Bellichick weirdly played a lot of man against us last year, and Diggs abused Jackson. I would think they are going to play a ton of the high 2 shell zone this time around. The Bills haven’t done very well against that D. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

Look at the Patriots' takeaways today. Doesn't really matter how fluky they are. Allen has a crap O-line but he also holds the ball too long which contributes to the O-line looking like crap.

Allen is a gunslinger so naturally he'll throw a stupid pass or hold onto the ball too long at times. Sometimes it results in a big play, other times not so much. With Allen you gotta accept the good and the bad. Hopefully they upgrade the line next year and go after a top Guard in free agency to give this unit a little punch. 

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

This game will come down to which side the refs want to win.

This is true lol

So I am moving house next Monday and my cable TV won't be up and running until the Wednesday nor my wifi until the Tuesday. My mother is coming down to see the new house on the Monday so I am leaving her "house sitting" for the first night and spending the Monday night at my partner's to watch the game. 

I then need to be back at the new place for 10am UK time to meet a building contractor who is quoting for some refurbishment work. We better not lose. I will be very ***** grumpy. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, TBBills said:

This game will come down to which side the refs want to win.

The refs follow orders from the NFL. They’re intermediaries for Goodell. I think we all know which team he prefers. 

Watched a bunch of games today. Anyone who thinks the refs can’t singlehandedly steer the outcome live in fantasy land. There’s no stat box and highlight reel for the 5-10 plays (sometimes more or less) that are changed by the refs either calling a penalty or not. That’s why some people still maintain their idealistic belief that the NFL does not script and steer outcomes. They also don’t want to believe that the game they grew up loving is not what the NFL is. 

The league has a half-dozen techniques and tactics to help ensure their desired outcomes. Usually though, all they need is the refs.

Edited by BassToMouth
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.