EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

15 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

<checks in on weekly game thread>

<slams manhole shut in disgust>

@Coach Tuesday has a point here.  This seems to have become a discussion of Cheatriots Past, or as Mark Sanchez said "I would NEVER say they Cheat!  They're just relentless in the pursuit of a competitive advantage!

And on this note, I'm going to start a new thread for the purposes of game week discussion.

This thread will stay open, and any discussion far afield from the GDT will be split over here.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

I think the Bills win, but if they lose and the season fizzles, we may look back at this as the "COVID" season, with a list of "if only" laments. If only Dawkins had gotten vaccinated, we would have won the Pittsburgh game; if only Spencer Brown had, we would have won the Jags game; if only Star had, we would have won the Colts and first NE game; If only Beasley, Gabe Davis and whoever else gets sick next had, we would have won the Tampa Bay game and the second NE game. And all these claims are perfectly plausible. 

But it might not go that way. Maybe Dawkins and Star could return to form, Brown could solidify the line for the stretch run, and could be no one else gets sick. Or, alternatively, maybe the brilliance of Allen and the resilient spirit can overcome the absence and debilitated play of sick anti-vaxxers. 

If they win it all despite the COVID hits and losing White, well, that would be something. 

9 minutes ago, finn said:

I think the Bills win, but if they lose and the season fizzles, we may look back at this as the "COVID" season, with a list of "if only" laments. If only Dawkins had gotten vaccinated, we would have won the Pittsburgh game; if only Spencer Brown had, we would have won the Jags game; if only Star had, we would have won the Colts and first NE game; If only Beasley, Gabe Davis and whoever else gets sick next had, we would have won the Tampa Bay game and the second NE game. And all these claims are perfectly plausible. 

But it might not go that way. Maybe Dawkins and Star could return to form, Brown could solidify the line for the stretch run, and could be no one else gets sick. Or, alternatively, maybe the brilliance of Allen and the resilient spirit can overcome the absence and debilitated play of sick anti-vaxxers. 

If they win it all despite the COVID hits and losing White, well, that would be something. 

Lol the season shouldn't fizzle if they lose.

• Thank you (+1) 1

You always have a chance if moron Josh is around calling plays. I would trade OC with Buffalo if i could. Mac is the real deal. He's the best qb from his class. I said this a long time. Long before fake draft analyst chime in. I think you win this one close game.

16 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

If you ever wonder why everyone hates Pats.* fans, crap like this is one of the many reasons. 

Actually, people who cheer for Boston teams in general are just the worst. Bunch of entitled and whiny morons who cry about everything despite having massively successful franchises. Lots of bandwagoners as well, and a solid record of racism to boot. Throw in plenty of scandals from the Pats and Red Sox and always being at a financial advantage, and it is VERY easy to hate them. 

The only team that I don't totally despise is the Bruins, and it is only because Boston is genuinely a strong hockey town and one of the premier markets. Other than that, F Boston and their sports teams...

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

As far as playoffs go, 3 very winnable games left, and 3 challenging games. Go 3-3 (10-7) could still make playoffs depending on others, win 1 (11-6) in really good shape, win 2 (12-5) in great shape.

My thing is split with pats.  All ya gotta do and you should be in. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MacAttack said:

First time I posted here. I'm not trolling. I think you guys win a close game Monday because we have a moron at OC who cant run a two TE offense. Maybe don't censorship people.

I think he thought you were calling our QB Josh a moron, which would be a bit over the top for a Pats fan guest in our forum to do.

Why do you think so poorly of McDaniels?  Most knowledgeable football people seem to think he's doing a great job developing Mac Jones, and if you've got one of the top offenses in the NFL with a balanced attack, why does it need to be a two TE offense?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, MacAttack said:

First time I posted here. I'm not trolling. I think you guys win a close game Monday because we have a moron at OC who cant run a two TE offense. Maybe don't censorship people. 

Really?  I think McDaniels is one of the best OC's in the league.

3 hours ago, MacAttack said:

Sorry dude, I seriously thought you were talking about Josh Allen. 

And the Pats went and signed two beast tight ends and you're saying they don't use both? I know Hunter Henry is a stud. I can't even name the other big name TE they signed, lol.

One more thing, do you think "moron" Josh will go for a head coaching job next season??

On 11/27/2021 at 4:23 PM, chaccof said:

Any chance the board here could get a collection together to donate to you so you DON"T attend the game?  What's your price?

I guess we never got that collection taken up.....darn......

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.