EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

When did this happen? Clearly I must have missed it...unless you are considering 20-25 yards as "ripping off a long TD run". Most Devin has is a 51 yard and a 40 yard. But a 75 yarder is out running a defense, which would take "speed" to do. McCoy has taken anywhere from 45-75 yards for a score . Lol, at you implying Singletary has "long" TD runs comparing to McCoy.

McCoy's ability to to out run the defense for 75 yards alone absolutely makes him a speed back. Not sure if you're just trying to find anything to argue about, but only other thing you can describe him as would be "shifty". But was absolutely a speed back that was a threat to take it all the way 

Honestly it really seems as though you are the one looking to argue. To turn your phrase lol at you if you don't consider 51 yards a lond TD runs. 

By the way...week 2 just this year Singletary ripped a 46 yard TD run. His top speed on the play was 20.29MPH. Place that into context...Mckenzie's opening kickoff against the Steelers the weekly before was registered at 20.56MPH. Tell me again how Singletary doesn't have speed.

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

what has Moss done to deserve dressing? I bet he is suppose to be the physical back, but not so sure his style aligns with how the line blocks well. I Could be way off base. 

He hasn't IMO. But wouldn't shock me if this was the coaches line of thought.

Edited by No Place To Hyde

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Under these conditions the safest plays will be QB runs up the middle and around both ends.

That would be so exciting to sit and watch in rainy 30 mph wind..Built to win one game. Where’s Tyrod and Rex when we need them!?

…you are unfortunately, correct. Hey. They are indeed one of the only teams with a fullback….(cough)

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Where do you live?

Status quo in NE is not just playoffs, it's deep into the playoffs every season.  One year of missed playoffs last year and there were all sorts of calls for heads and rolls.

I think you more or less have it backwards. 

Pretty sure he is a Pats fan. 

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

what has Moss done to deserve dressing? I bet he is suppose to be the physical back, but not so sure his style aligns with how the line blocks well. I Could be way off base. 

I could definitely see all 3 backs up. Especially if Gilliam is out. Makes a lot of sense if the weather is ***** where running will be essential. He’s our hardest runner even if he’s slow. Even in that scenario, Moss would be #3 for me with limited touches. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Honestly it really seems as though you are the one looking to argue. To turn your phrase lol at you if you don't consider 51 yards a lond TD runs. 

By the way...week 2 just this year Singletary ripped a 46 yard TD run. His top speed on the play was 20.29MPH. Place that into context...Mckenzie's opening kickoff against the Steelers the weekly before was registered at 20.56MPH. Tell me again how Singletary doesn't have speed.

He hasn't IMO. But wouldn't shock me if this was the coaches line of thought.

Gotcha, yea. I wonder how much the coaches will be thinking about fumbles regarding our backs and who dresses. Pats take the ball away at a good rate. 

Just now, TheProcess said:

I could definitely see all 3 backs up. Especially if Gilliam is out. Makes a lot of sense if the weather is ***** where running will be essential. He’s our hardest runner even if he’s slow. Even in that scenario, Moss would be #3 for me with limited touches. 

Good point on Gilliam. OR could dress McKenzie and Stevenson. McKenzie returns punts and Stevenson returns kicks. With the weather this might be worth considering. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's true, Josh has to be big. Josh will make many throws his opponent cannnot.

I also have Tremaine Edmunds playing the best game of his life. He gains a lot of fans after Monday Night....

Bills 26, NE 20.

Bass also plays a huge role making kicks his opponent cannot.

These are some of our corse strengths. Of course, Star needs to play well. Diggs, Davis, Beasley, Singletary, the rest on Offense.... Maybe our DEs can flash a bunch on MNF? I think so...

Go Bills!

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Gotcha, yea. I wonder how much the coaches will be thinking about fumbles regarding our backs and who dresses. Pats take the ball away at a good rate. 

That's another valid point. Not only with the Pats ability to peanut punch...but a cold wet ball. Of course both the Patriots main RBs (Harris and Stevenson) had some fumble issues early in the year IIRC. Hopefully we get a few ourselves 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Good point on Gilliam. OR could dress McKenzie and Stevenson. McKenzie returns punts and Stevenson returns kicks. With the weather this might be worth considering. 

Yep, I’d be game for that too. Could even get McKenzie going on jet sweeps in that scenario. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I find it strange….Why wouldn’t you practice and prepare outside in real, weather conditions? 

I thought the same thing.  Tasker was on WGR talking about it last week or two weeks ago.  Paraphrasing he basically said you want to practice the plays perfect.  Can't do that in bad weather.  If you can't practice them perfect then they arent going to work so well in bad weather either.  He said that you practice perfect and then adjust to the weather.

Perfect wasnt the word he used and I cant really remember the exact wording but that was the meaning behind it.  

3 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Day to day I would say that the weather in Boston is better then Buffalo in December.  So it's a bit apples & oranges as to where they decide to practice.  I doubt Belechik is outdoors if the weather sucks.

And why do you say the Bills don't play well in bad weather? They played very well against Houston & KC which was the worst weather they played in.

Actually Belichick usually does practice outside regardless of weather.  He said he doesnt want his team focusing on keeping their hands dry.  He wants the defense to focus on playing the offense and the offense playing the defense. BB said he cant control the weather and the team has to be ready to play in any conditions.  If it rains it rains.  If its hot then its hot.

On 12/1/2021 at 8:59 PM, CincyBillsFan said:

I actually think there might be some honesty in Belichick's comments here.  For one, Allen's improvement has been remarkable and I'm sure Belichick sees it.  And if you go back to last years draft there's a reason Belichick and the Pats used a 1st round pick to select a QB - and that reason is Josh Allen.

That reason is they didn't have a halfway decent QB...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

8 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

In defense of McD the idea is to get the game plan installed.  And that's easier to do inside then outside in bad weather.  Also, was the weather in Orchard park bad enough to mimic what might be happening Monday night?  If not then there really isn't much of an advantage to practicing outside.

Yes the weather was windy af and rain/snow mix. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.