EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

30 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

My money’s on you @SlimShady'sSpaceForce. Josh is wearing a throwback cap in his interview -which routinely is the logo the team wears for the next game. Bills PR group -Take a lap!

717DB8CC-71B1-414B-B340-2338851A8441.png

looks like the offense is wearing Blue tops is the practice tweet below 

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This is, of course, a comment. The players are leaving no doubt of their preference. Watching this unfold is extremely frustrating, knowing Terry and Kim could easily afford a dome without affecting their lifestyle in any way but are simply choosing not to do it.

The team is better in a dome, Allen is better in a dome, future generations aren't going to want to play in the elements any more than this one is, and the elements provide no advantage whatsoever to the Bills.

Yeah I was on the fence for a while about the dome/roof because I have always loved the open air stadium Bills home games are known for. Even the high winds/snow etc, it's just a part of Bills history and what I've always known.

But clearly to me retractable roof is best way to go. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

LOL every time I come here to post one of these.

A few more guys on there than we thought.  Gilliam with an ankle isn't a surprise since he was injured during the T-giving game, but hoped he wouldn't be hampered by it.  He takes a large number of ST snaps each week.

Interesting that Brown and Feliciano are not listed as limited.

image.thumb.png.e65fcf3dcbd663dcfc3ac22d57420594.png

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

A bills win would certainly change things especially since it would also be the first time they've won consecutive games in 2 months which is crazy to think about for a team so many labeled a SB favorite.

This is why I maintain this is truly a defining moment for this franchise and it's not simply cliche. Allen has to prove he's an elite QB and worth even close to the contract given to him in the offseason which means he has to have one of his better games of the season against an elite coach and defense.

From McDermott and his staffs perspective, Belichik knows exactly what they are going to do to try and stop Mac Jones. He also will do his best to force Allen into mistakes early in the game especially forcing the ball to Diggs. So there has to be a true xfactor type of gameplan on both sides to overcome an evil genius type of gameplan.

If the Bills lose this game it's not only about playing for a wildcard at best this year, it's about a cold hard realization that last year was a true fluke and we'll be looking up to the Patriots again for many years to come.

Very well said. This is definitely a fair assessment, opinion, and post. Great input.👍

1 hour ago, major said:

Pats coaching staff sucks (they can’t succeed anywhere else when given other jobs). Why? Because they cheat y’all! Last season they couldn’t do advance recording and they looked like crap. This season is suddenly back to normal 🎥.No one thought they would rattle off wins or compete with bills for a reason. 

Absurd hope this is just pure hate or sarcasm. 

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yes of course, the oline is trash and that's on Beane and the coaching staff and I've discussed this quite a bit in recent days. And contrary to popular belief it wasn't great last year either although the play from Dawkins and Williams was night and day compared to this year.

But regarding Allen specifically he has to stop forcing the ball Diggs way into coverage and play a more patient game which I understand is easier said than done but Belichik has a history of feasting off struggling QB's who turn the ball over (which is no coincidence he went out of his way this weak to say glowing things about Allen).

Pats defense have forced 12 Turnovers the last 4 weeks while the Bills have offense has committed 11 so to say something has to give is an understatement.

Ok, I didn't see you mention it in your other couple post so seemed like you were saying Allen is the only issue.  As  for the OL last yr and this yr, I agree they weren't great, but not many teams have a "great" OL. They could have done some things better but each teams OL could too but they were solid though for the most part.

As far as this year the run blocking does seem a little better, but I think they are at their best with Brown, Mongo (although some are not happy with) and Williams at G maybe could be better than last yrs OL.

Anyway, with OL back in tact hopefully Josh gets the time he needs and TO's go away

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

People keep making these type of comparisons as if they are apples to apples.

If Allen was a proven 7 time SB winning QB your right this game would mean nothing, but obviously that's not the case and winning one division title and getting blown out in the AFC Championship game is all he has to hang his hat on.

You’re talking about a regular season game defining ones career here.  Different players, same sitch.  Josh can lose this game.  He can play poorly in this game.  He will still live to see another day and have the opportunity show us why that last game doesn’t define him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

But are the Bills Guna win out????? 😜

They just might, my friend...they just might.

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I see that Belichik was heaping on the praise of Allen this week....that means he's salivating over Allen being a turnover machine in recent weeks going up against their defense.

Really hope we don't fall behind by 14+ points early or things will truly get out of hand quickly in this one.

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I really would love to see the Bills win this game and do so in a convincing manner but my gut feeling tells me it's going to be very ugly....possibly much worse than the Colts if that's even possible especially since Belichik doesn't have to make this offense one dimensional because it already is.

We either win or we lose.  How ugly it is doesn't matter.  It doesn't really get uglier than the Colts game so I don't know how it could be much worse than the Colts game.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Just, no.

If he has a bad game and we lose, nothing has been proven.  

If he has a great game and wins, nothing has been proven. 

It’s a very big regular season game.  That is all. He’ll have several years to prove whether or not he’s “elite” or worth even close to his big contract.

when Tuesday comes, we won’t know that much more about josh allen than we already know right now.  You act like his career will be defined in this game.  No

Why are you even responding to that blatant troll?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You’re talking about a regular season game defining ones career here.  Different players, same sitch.  Josh can lose this game.  He can play poorly in this game.  He will still live to see another day and have the opportunity show us why that last game doesn’t define him.  

Exactly...I mean it pretty much goes without saying right lol? Also said Allen has to prove something or whatever, I mean I'm sure I'm not alone by any means, but imo it's quite clear he has proved a good while ago what he brings to the table. To me he has proved that as long as he is your QB your team will be competitive and has a chance for a championship.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

People keep making these type of comparisons as if they are apples to apples.

If Allen was a proven 7 time SB winning QB your right this game would mean nothing, but obviously that's not the case and winning one division title and getting blown out in the AFC Championship game is all he has to hang his hat on.

With an improved OL and a more balanced offense I really think Josh will lead the Bills to a Super Bowl win and probably more. That is on Beane not Allen. Brady is the GOAT but he had a lot of help. Strong OL, a lot of weapons to throw to, a decent run game, and a strong defense. Allen is asked to carry to much of the burden on offense.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

A bills win would certainly change things especially since it would also be the first time they've won consecutive games in 2 months which is crazy to think about for a team so many labeled a SB favorite.

This is why I maintain this is truly a defining moment for this franchise and it's not simply cliche. Allen has to prove he's an elite QB and worth even close to the contract given to him in the offseason which means he has to have one of his better games of the season against an elite coach and defense.

From McDermott and his staffs perspective, Belichik knows exactly what they are going to do to try and stop Mac Jones. He also will do his best to force Allen into mistakes early in the game especially forcing the ball to Diggs. So there has to be a true xfactor type of gameplan on both sides to overcome an evil genius type of gameplan.

If the Bills lose this game it's not only about playing for a wildcard at best this year, it's about a cold hard realization that last year was a true fluke and we'll be looking up to the Patriots again for many years to come.

Wow, its almost the same exact post someone made about Miami last season.  What ya think @teef?

Edited by Scott7975

32 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I was on the fence for a while about the dome/roof because I have always loved the open air stadium Bills home games are known for. Even the high winds/snow etc, it's just a part of Bills history and what I've always known.

But clearly to me retractable roof is best way to go. 

Retractable is just too expensive. Just build a dome. There is nothing romantic or enjoyable about watching a game in the rain.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL every time I come here to post one of these.

A few more guys on there than we thought.  Gilliam with an ankle isn't a surprise since he was injured during the T-giving game, but hoped he wouldn't be hampered by it.  He takes a large number of ST snaps each week.

Interesting that Brown and Feliciano are not listed as limited.

image.thumb.png.e65fcf3dcbd663dcfc3ac22d57420594.png

Just IR Gilliam and bring up another DB. Id honestly rather see Moss at FB than Gilliam. And I'd rather see Bates at TE instead of Gilliam. 

Sheesh—all this talk every week about what this game or that game means for Josh Allen's status. 

I wonder if Broncos fans debated this weekly in the 80s regarding Elway. I wonder if Packers fans felt this anxiety every time Brett Favre took the field in the early 90s. How about Dolphins fans and Marino for 10+ years? 

Or is this just a Buffalo thing because deep down, we expect the rug to be pulled out from beneath us at the last moment? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.