EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

41 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Sadly, I agree. The Patriots coaching staff has been nothing short of fantastic. No one thought they would rattle off wins and compete with the Bills for the division title. Old Bill is definitely in the conversation for coach of the year. Meanwhile, this had been a very poor year of coaching for McD and company. A win by the Bills can turn around this perception quickly.

A bills win would certainly change things especially since it would also be the first time they've won consecutive games in 2 months which is crazy to think about for a team so many labeled a SB favorite.

This is why I maintain this is truly a defining moment for this franchise and it's not simply cliche. Allen has to prove he's an elite QB and worth even close to the contract given to him in the offseason which means he has to have one of his better games of the season against an elite coach and defense.

From McDermott and his staffs perspective, Belichik knows exactly what they are going to do to try and stop Mac Jones. He also will do his best to force Allen into mistakes early in the game especially forcing the ball to Diggs. So there has to be a true xfactor type of gameplan on both sides to overcome an evil genius type of gameplan.

If the Bills lose this game it's not only about playing for a wildcard at best this year, it's about a cold hard realization that last year was a true fluke and we'll be looking up to the Patriots again for many years to come.

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I haven't given up on this team, just starting to feel the dread and sickness in the pit of my stomach that if the Bills lose on Monday it's basically going to be back to the 'in the hunt' glory days for this team and probably looking at 2nd place at best in the division the next 10+ years.

Lol, well to be fair Bills are technically "in the hunt" now. If they lose it's definitely going to be a uphill battle for sure, but still would have a chance to win division.

Also,where in the world do you get "probably 2nd in division for next 10+ years"?? That's 100% a silly thing to say. I'm literally still smh at that comment. Whole time I have been typing I was smh and still will be after hitting submit

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

A bills win would certainly change things especially since it would also be the first time they've won consecutive games in 2 months which is crazy to think about for a team so many labeled a SB favorite.

This is why I maintain this is truly a defining moment for this franchise and it's not simply cliche. Allen has to prove he's an elite QB and worth even close to the contract given to him in the offseason which means he has to have one of his better games of the season against an elite coach and defense.

From McDermott and his staffs perspective, Belichik knows exactly what they are going to do to try and stop Mac Jones. He also will do his best to force Allen into mistakes early in the game especially forcing the ball to Diggs. So there has to be a true xfactor type of gameplan on both sides to overcome an evil genius type of gameplan.

If the Bills lose this game it's not only about playing for a wildcard at best this year, it's about a cold hard realization that last year was a true fluke and we'll be looking up to the Patriots again for many years to come.

Just, no.

If he has a bad game and we lose, nothing has been proven.  

If he has a great game and wins, nothing has been proven. 

It’s a very big regular season game.  That is all. He’ll have several years to prove whether or not he’s “elite” or worth even close to his big contract.

when Tuesday comes, we won’t know that much more about josh allen than we already know right now.  You act like his career will be defined in this game.  No

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I haven't given up on this team, just starting to feel the dread and sickness in the pit of my stomach that if the Bills lose on Monday it's basically going to be back to the 'in the hunt' glory days for this team and probably looking at 2nd place at best in the division the next 10+ years.

This game means a lot. But, it means a lot for this season. If we lose on Monday it “might” (notice I said might) mean that we place 2nd in the division this year.

A loss on Monday has nothing to do with being in the hunt or in second place for the next 10 years though. That’s too big of a leap. It’s a massive hot take leap.

The foundation that’s been laid (especially having JA) should keep us competitive for years. Some years they may be competing for a SB. Some years that may be losing in the playoffs. Some years they may win the division, some years they won’t. There may even be some years here and there where we don’t make the playoffs. But, losing on Monday night has nothing to do with the next 9 years after this one.

Same if we win. If we win it’s a tremendous step towards the division title as well as towards the #1 seed this year. But, it doesn’t determine anything that happens the other 9 years coming up.

17 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

My money’s on you @SlimShady'sSpaceForce. Josh is wearing a throwback cap in his interview -which routinely is the logo the team wears for the next game. Bills PR group -Take a lap!

717DB8CC-71B1-414B-B340-2338851A8441.png

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unsure what the drill is.  That's LB Joe Gilles-Harris next to McD

I think that's "Coach" Klein and Edmunds

Is that Milano off to the R in a red "no contact"?

While obviously like the rest of you sick-os I live for this content, I kind of hate to see it as well

You just know Belichick has a team of assistants combing through stuff like that looking for clues

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Just, no.

If he has a bad game and we lose, nothing has been proven.  

If he has a great game and wins, nothing has been proven. 

It’s a very big regular season game.  That is all. He’ll have several years to prove whether or not he’s “elite” or worth even close to his big contract.

when Tuesday comes, we won’t know that much more about josh allen than we already know right now.  You act like his career will be defined in this game.  No

To my original point I will add that the true proving grounds for any alleged franchise QB is the playoffs and to Allen's credit he's 2-2 right now in postseason play.

Also no his entire career will not be defined by one singular game and outing, but it still says a lot about him if he doesn't play well against this team at home in such a high stakes game that very well may decided the division this year. And if the rookie QB on the other side outplays him you better believe any criticism Allen is facing from media, fans, etc will be magnified tenfold.

At this point it's really about consistency and in 3 of the 4 losses this team has had so far this year Allen has been a major factor in terms of his play not being up to snuff, even in some of the wins it hasn't been great either.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

At this point it's really about consistency and in 3 of the 4 losses this team has had so far this year Allen has been a major factor in terms of his play not being up to snuff, even in some of the wins it hasn't been great either

While I agree Josh has had couple bad games, that's obvious. However you seem to be coming off as it's only Allen being the reason. You fail to mention how bad the OL was when losing players in most of those losses. Are you not taking that into account at all?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

To my original point I will add that the true proving grounds for any alleged franchise QB is the playoffs and to Allen's credit he's 2-2 right now in postseason play.

Also no his entire career will not be defined by one singular game and outing, but it still says a lot about him if he doesn't play well against this team at home in such a high stakes game that very well may decided the division this year. And if the rookie QB on the other side outplays him you better believe any criticism Allen is facing from media, fans, etc will be magnified tenfold.

At this point it's really about consistency and in 3 of the 4 losses this team has had so far this year Allen has been a major factor in terms of his play not being up to snuff, even in some of the wins it hasn't been great either.

Brady and co got destroyed in both matchups vs Brees and the division rival Saints.  They lost 38-3 @ home iirc.  This game matters.  A lot.  But it’s a blip in what will be the career of Josh Allen.

This is, of course, a comment. The players are leaving no doubt of their preference. Watching this unfold is extremely frustrating, knowing Terry and Kim could easily afford a dome without affecting their lifestyle in any way but are simply choosing not to do it.

The team is better in a dome, Allen is better in a dome, future generations aren't going to want to play in the elements any more than this one is, and the elements provide no advantage whatsoever to the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

While I agree Josh has had couple bad games, that's obvious. However you seem to be coming off as it's only Allen being the reason. You fail to mention how bad the OL was when losing players in most of those losses. Are you not taking that into account at all?

Yes of course, the oline is trash and that's on Beane and the coaching staff and I've discussed this quite a bit in recent days. And contrary to popular belief it wasn't great last year either although the play from Dawkins and Williams was night and day compared to this year.

But regarding Allen specifically he has to stop forcing the ball Diggs way into coverage and play a more patient game which I understand is easier said than done but Belichik has a history of feasting off struggling QB's who turn the ball over (which is no coincidence he went out of his way this weak to say glowing things about Allen).

Pats defense have forced 12 Turnovers the last 4 weeks while the Bills have offense has committed 11 so to say something has to give is an understatement.

• Vomit 1

28 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

My money’s on you @SlimShady'sSpaceForce. Josh is wearing a throwback cap in his interview -which routinely is the logo the team wears for the next game. Bills PR group -Take a lap!

I wonder if they switched cause of snow. https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=single-weekly&game_id=2021_NE-BUF^13

I wonder if they switched cause of snow?

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=single-weekly&game_id=2021_NE-BUF^13

Edited by boco357
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Unsure what the drill is.  That's LB Joe Gilles-Harris next to McD

I think that's "Coach" Klein and Edmunds

Is that Milano off to the R in a red "no contact"?

While obviously like the rest of you sick-os I live for this content, I kind of hate to see it as well

You just know Belichick has a team of assistants combing through stuff like that looking for clues

McD to team before reporters enter practice: “Milano put on a red jersey; Star, begin barfing in a bucket; and Jon, walk with a limp sometimes”. McD can play 4D chess, too.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Brady and co got destroyed in both matchups vs Brees and the division rival Saints.  They lost 38-3 @ home iirc.  This game matters.  A lot.  But it’s a blip in what will be the career of Josh Allen.

People keep making these type of comparisons as if they are apples to apples.

If Allen was a proven 7 time SB winning QB your right this game would mean nothing, but obviously that's not the case and winning one division title and getting blown out in the AFC Championship game is all he has to hang his hat on.

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.