EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I really would love to see the Bills win this game and do so in a convincing manner but my gut feeling tells me it's going to be very ugly....possibly much worse than the Colts if that's even possible especially since Belichik doesn't have to make this offense one dimensional because it already is.

He's right, you know.  You're mailing it in now.  And postage is so expensive these days.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh, dear.  That Should Not Be. 

Sorry, McD, but Breida clearly adds a dimension to the game that Moss does not.  It should be his job to lose at this point.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Blainorama5 said:

Great.  Now we're screwed again.  This will they play or won't they play is killin me.  😉

I don't think you're the target audience for this lack of information.

7 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Pure coachspeak (I hope....)

Me too.  Although it's possible that McD feels the weather might be a factor, I guess.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's right, you know.  You're mailing it in now.  And postage is so expensive these days.

Sorry, McD, but Breida clearly adds a dimension to the game that Moss does not.  It should be his job to lose at this point.

He’s just not going to give out the info on who  will be in the game plan. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I agree but moss probably had his best game as a pro against the pats (1st game) last year

Fair, he did. 

On the other hand "that was Then, this is Now" for the Pats defense. 

Given the Pats occasional susceptibility on run D and the weather forecast, it wouldn't upset me to have all 3 RB active if healthy.

• Agree 6

19 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I don't need to look at stats to know that the Bills actual rushing game this year has been poor. If you want to include Allen designed runs that's fine but I would bet most of his rushing production is from scrambles. That's not what people mean when they talk about a team's run game. When the RBs are given the ball we do not consistently pick up positive yardage. Singletary and Moss have combined for 6 rushing TDs this year which is abysmal.

The one thing I will say is that I think the Bills have found some success running the ball over the last few weeks by getting Breida involved and making our run/pass ratio with Allen under center more balanced. But on the whole our run game has been awful most of the year.

Agree 100%. Hoping the run game can continue moving forward on Monday. It will help keep the pressure off Allen. 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fair, he did. 

On the other hand "that was Then, this is Now" for the Pats defense. 

Given the Pats occasional susceptibility on run D and the weather forecast, it wouldn't upset me to have all 3 RB active if healthy.

Agree. I wouldn’t use him this game. I like the rest of the board like what Breida has shown over moss. 

19 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Luck would be squeaking by and eeking out close wins in the final minutes every game.

When you are outscoring teams 35-10 on average every week it has little to do with other teams injuries and a lot to do with talent, coaching, etc.

Belichik is a wartime coach and his teams simply don't make the type of mistakes you are seeing from the Bills week in and week out.

Sadly, I agree. The Patriots coaching staff has been nothing short of fantastic. No one thought they would rattle off wins and compete with the Bills for the division title. Old Bill is definitely in the conversation for coach of the year. Meanwhile, this had been a very poor year of coaching for McD and company. A win by the Bills can turn around this perception quickly.

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Sadly, I agree. The Patriots coaching staff has been nothing short of fantastic. No one thought they would rattle off wins and compete with the Bills for the division title. Old Bill is definitely in the conversation for coach of the year. Meanwhile, this had been a very poor year of coaching for McD and company. A win by the Bills can turn around this perception quickly.

Pats coaching staff sucks (they can’t succeed anywhere else when given other jobs). Why? Because they cheat y’all! Last season they couldn’t do advance recording and they looked like crap. This season is suddenly back to normal 🎥.No one thought they would rattle off wins or compete with bills for a reason. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Totally agree 100%. I don't see how they take him off the field. I assume McD said that to not give anything away, although on other hand it seems pretty obvious Breida will play so probably pointless anyway

1 hour ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Does that make Mac Jones the Emmitt Smith in this scenario?

Can't think of an analogue, but consider how Mac Jones, with his limited escability and mobility and so-so arm, would do behind the clown show Allen has had to work with. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

48 pages into the game week thread before an actual practice had taken place has to be some kind of record 

I do like the extra few days for Pats game though. Hope they take advantage of it much as possible. Usually seemed it was always Pats getting the extra rest all the time when it happened. Nice to be other way around this time.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I haven't given up on this team, just starting to feel the dread and sickness in the pit of my stomach that if the Bills lose on Monday it's basically going to be back to the 'in the hunt' glory days for this team and probably looking at 2nd place at best in the division the next 10+ years.

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Not a shot at you Doc, but this whole Belichick praise thing is so stupid to me. Every year we go through this. Do the players sit around thinking “he likes me!” to lull them into a false sense of accomplishment?
excited woot woot GIF

Yeah, he is a great coach. Highly accomplished. Great. Who gives a f*** what he thinks about Josh? Josh, the Bills, or the fan base doesn’t need his validation or approval. He can piss off with that. 

Not My Dad Twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

No.  Not to get in their head.  It’s more self serving.  He’s a narcissistic prick who will build a qb up and then take pleasure in making them look like amateurs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.