EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Watching NBC Sports Boston. Matthew Fairburn is now a Pats reporter for the Athletic. The narrative this week is the Pats already won this game. Matt Jones is miles ahead of Josh Allen. Bills are a soft team because they'd rather pass than run. Think we are the "greatest show on turf" but we play is cold sloppy Buffalo.

I didn't find this Fairburn clip or article talking about how the Pats already won this game - is that Fairburn's take?  He's dead to me anyway.

But I did find this Fairburn (and others) article about Bill Belichick which is legitimately funny

https://theathletic.com/2889665/2021/10/29/its-fun-at-gunpoint-the-comedy-stylings-of-bill-belichick/?source=emp_shared_article

Bill Belichick has been called many things during his 22 seasons as the Patriots coach: a genius, a grouch, the GOAT. But funny? Just wait until you read the stories from 15 of his former players …

Ross Tucker, offensive lineman: He’s definitely an #######. And he’s definitely hilarious.

Jed Weaver, tight end: Onterrio Smith … got caught with the Whizzinator in his bag. He was the running back from Minnesota. But Bill is reading the article: “It says here that he didn’t know he had a fake dick in his bag because one of his friends put it in there before he got on the plane. So all you ***** #######s, when you’re coming back for training camp, make sure you check your bag before you get on your plane. Make sure none of your buddies put a fake dick in your bag.”

At one point, this season Allen was leading the league in batted balls.  Maybe they need to send Webb after him with tennis rackets:

Mesko(punter): It was 2012, the year J.J. Watt was just swatting people’s passes. He had so many batted balls. We’re playing them and he’s like, “Alright, Zoltan, come over here after special teams.” I get in the defensive huddle. It’s 7-on-7 so there’s no linemen there. He’s like, “Here, take these two tennis rackets and I want you to hit Brady’s ball into the stands if you can. I don’t care.” So I’m jumping up and touching like 12 feet and swatting Brady like 10 yards when I could.

Fletcher: It was really pissing Brady off.

Mesko: Man, when I got him, Belichick was crying on the inside, like tears of joy. Brady would be like, “Zoltan, please don’t knock this one down.” Belichick was like, “No, no, I’m going to pay you 100 bucks every time you swat that ball.”

Fletcher: It got to the point where Brady would pay $150 not to do it because Brady was getting so pissed.

Mesko: And Belichick paid up after every practice. He came with the cash.

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yes, but most of us are not NFL analysts. He SHOULD try and analyze the teams rather than state opinion as fact. 

NFL analysts get paid to give their opinions. I don't think they represent their opinions as facts. I believe that's people's intepretation especially if they don't like or agree with the so called analyst. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Watching NBC Sports Boston. Matthew Fairburn is now a Pats reporter for the Athletic. The narrative this week is the Pats already won this game. Matt Jones is miles ahead of Josh Allen. Bills are a soft team because they'd rather pass than run. Think we are the "greatest show on turf" but we play is cold sloppy Buffalo.

Fairburn is a traitor.  

45 minutes ago, Success said:

McGinist was a great player - but he's a pure homer.

Bruschi is the same.  Those guys should watch former players like Aikman & Simms - I can watch them commentate on games w/ their former teams & I'd never know they played for those teams.

Aikman is the biggest Cowboy homer EVER!  He cheers for them every time he does one of their games it’s disgusting.  What’s worse is he is a color commentator.. so we get him all game.. Bruschi and and McGinist is maybe halftime for a few minutes.

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Mesko(punter): It was 2012, the year J.J. Watt was just swatting people’s passes. He had so many batted balls. We’re playing them and he’s like, “Alright, Zoltan, come over here after special teams.” I get in the defensive huddle. It’s 7-on-7 so there’s no linemen there. He’s like, “Here, take these two tennis rackets and I want you to hit Brady’s ball into the stands if you can. I don’t care.” So I’m jumping up and touching like 12 feet and swatting Brady like 10 yards when I could.

Fletcher: It was really pissing Brady off.

Mesko: Man, when I got him, Belichick was crying on the inside, like tears of joy. Brady would be like, “Zoltan, please don’t knock this one down.” Belichick was like, “No, no, I’m going to pay you 100 bucks every time you swat that ball.”

Fletcher: It got to the point where Brady would pay $150 not to do it because Brady was getting so pissed.

Mesko: And Belichick paid up after every practice. He came with the cash.

Sounds like a salary cap violation...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Make Mac jones pass. Please mcdermott, put 8 in the box and make sure the run doesn’t beat us. Don’t get stubborn with the nickel defense 

New England is going to run the ball heavily, and make little dump-off passes all night long for 4-6 yards.  

BB will also figure out who our absolute worst DB is on the field post Tre injury, and throw at him as much as possible.

We better have some plans in place, and be ready to switch out of them quickly if/when they don't work.

7 hours ago, Fred Slacks said:

New Orleans ran cover 2 all night long and Josh seemed to pick that apart just fine.  Not saying he will have the same success vs the Pats.  I am just saying he can play vs the cover 2 and has shown it in games.  I expect a different offense with players back this week on the O-line.  I think we can score 25-28 points and that we can hold the Pats under that.  If it is windy we can press and cover the short routes/play the run.  Force Mac Jones to throw deep in windy conditions.  Everyone acts like the weather only effects how our team plays but the Pats still have to show up and do their thing in the same conditions.  If we have Star back this week too then I really like our chances vs the Pats.  Even missing Tre I think we can and should come out on top of this game.  Not too mention Josh seems to perform well on nationally televised games.  

I hope your right.  We have 4 examples where our offense could not handle that same defense.  It may have something to do with the quality of personel.

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

3-3 is not sub .500 idiot.

The Bills scored 31 on the Titans.

And yet we lost...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I didn't find this Fairburn clip or article talking about how the Pats already won this game - is that Fairburn's take?  He's dead to me anyway.

But I did find this Fairburn (and others) article about Bill Belichick which is legitimately funny

https://theathletic.com/2889665/2021/10/29/its-fun-at-gunpoint-the-comedy-stylings-of-bill-belichick/?source=emp_shared_article

At one point, this season Allen was leading the league in batted balls.  Maybe they need to send Webb after him with tennis rackets:

Fairburn was part of a panel. Fairburn said somethings other panelists chimed in.

43 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

2nd easiest? How is facing Dallas and TB and NO before they got decimated with injuries.. 2nd easiest?  The rest I can see but 1/4 games against pretty tough O’s. 

Did you win those games ?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

The national sports media and their display over how they are slobbering all over New England this year after one 6 game winning streak just puts the stamp on what we all knew for decades: They have some odd, strange and twisted fascination with this franchise and they crave their success so much it is almost toxic.

These same folks are chomping at the bit to dismiss Buffalo in any way shape they can. The media likes things to be a 'certain way' They want the same old teams that have the most followers on Twitter to be the best to:

1. Make their jobs easier

2. Get the most clicks

3. Rile up other fan bases to get even MORE clicks.

This is how they operate, and will always operate. Little engines that could like small market Buffalo will always have to really outshine ones like New England. These are the cold, hard facts. Embrace it. Relish in the role. And ignore them. Completely.

Chill out. No one is a bigger Bills supporter than I am, but be realistic. The Pats have won six straight, by significant scores, while starting a rookie QB. The Bills have gone lose-win-lose-win for their last six, one of those losses to a one-win team, and the other a wipe out, at home, by the Colts. 

This isn't some conspiracy by the press; this is the normal short attention span of US media.  The Bills got plenty of strokes when they were riding high. If they beat the Pats Monday the narrative will change again. If the Bills sweep the Pats and manage to win four or five of their last six, they will be one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl. 

I prefer to hear everybody talking about how great Jones is, and how Belichick is a genius. The Bills players and coaches should be ready to play on Monday night. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

LOL McD Tuesday interview.

Sean McDermott: "Continue to Work Every Week to Improve" (buffalobills.com)

Boston Globe guy Jim McBride asks McDermott about Mac Jones and McDermott says good things about Jones, he's a talented young QB, Josh McDaniels is back to his old ways developing a young QB to play at an elite level, Jones is off to a phenomenal start, he's as advertised, he does a great job executing their offense.

Then he goes for the trick question:  "Do you see any similarities to the Patriots teams of the early 2000s when they had a young QB...."

(damned if you do damned if you don't question)

McDermott neatly dodges it.  Says "well, I wasn't in the division then" and goes on to say a bunch of praiseful things about the Patriots now "they're playing high level football..they're well coached, they execute well, they're not beating themselves, they play good complimentary football"

Not for nothing people have said that Sean McDermott can really dance.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

2nd easiest? How is facing Dallas and TB and NO before they got decimated with injuries.. 2nd easiest?  The rest I can see but 1/4 games against pretty tough O’s. 

Because as I told you before ... you havent faced this guantlet of a schedule you think you have.  The week before you played NO they scored 7 points.  Playing a couple offenses that are good out of 12 games doesnt mean you played a tough schedule overall when you also played a lot of bottom feeders.  That type of analysis also doesnt look at who you played when. They look at the overall current standings.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.