EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

@Jeffbigalls

"And I like what Mac is doing, he just played very well against a Titans defense that was at full strength"

So now we have a perfect biosystem.  You manufacture BS and consume it entirely. 

Titan D played minus 3 Starting LBs in Bud Dupree, David Long and Rashaan Evans.  Then Monty Rice left game with bad ankle.  

Would love to see Pats play without Judon, Van Noy and Bentley/Hightower.  So would they be at full strength then too?

Edited by freddyjj
quoted wrong person
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

@Jeffbigalls

So now we have a perfect biosystem.  You manufacture BS and consume it entirely. 

Titan D played minus 3 Starting LBs in Bud Dupree, David Long and Rashaan Evans.  Then Monty Rice left game with bad ankle.  

Would love to see Pats play without Judon, Van Noy and Bentley/Hightower.  So would they be at full strength then too?

Can you please fix that.  It makes it look like I said that garbage.

• Agree 1

Vinovich’s crew averages a league-low 11.7 penalties per game this season, per

@ESPNStatsInf

Only 12 per game?    😂 

😝  😂 

I Googled him.  Here’s the top image 

licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu4K1SXMlGSmC

Holding # 77

grabbing a defenseless player by the 🏈 🏈 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Stevenson, Mckenzie, and Brieda is a lot of speed on the field. I hope we use McKenzie on offense a bit with Brieda in speed packages. 

McKenzie offers nothing at this point and he was benched for a reason.

I would like to see what Stevenson has to offer in the passing game and imagine he'll be part of the game plan going forward.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KCNC said:

I actually think they will go back to McKenzie and not trust the rookie.  If rookie in there, you can bet BB will have his guys ripping at arms (ala McKelvin - the memory pains me)

It's possible, they want to give him more reps on offense, and let the rookie continue to field kicks.

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

McKenzie offers nothing at this point and he was benched for a reason.

I would like to see what Stevenson has to offer in the passing game and imagine he'll be part of the game plan going forward.

Yeah, he offers nothing. 1 fumble and he offers nothing.  9th in yards per punt return. 5th in yards per kick return.  They havent even used him in the offense this year and the couple times they did he 5 catches that 2 went for first downs. 5 rushes 1 TD 3 first downs.  Offers nothing though.  He was just 10 ten in the league in both KR and PR.  Fumbled once and hes a bumb.  Stevenson fumbled once in one game played and really did nothing on the returns.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Yeah, he offers nothing. 1 fumble and he offers nothing.  9th in yards per punt return. 5th in yards per kick return.  They havent even used him in the offense this year and the couple times they did he 5 catches that 2 went for first downs. 5 rushes 1 TD 3 first downs.  Offers nothing though.  He was just 10 ten in the league in both KR and PR.  Fumbled once and hes a bumb.  Stevenson fumbled once in one game played and really did nothing on the returns.

The jet sweep stuff is predicable and played out and activating him again this week and putting him on the field would be an invitation for disaster going against the Pats defense.

I don't see this coaching staff going back to McKenzie as the return man either this week even though Stevenson did absolutely nothing in his first NFL game.

Either way McKenzie isn't part of the future plans here and will be gone in the offseason, so it's time to see what some of these younger guys and one of the few roster moves I agree with.

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

The jet sweep stuff is predicable and played out and activating him again this week and putting him on the field would be an invitation for disaster going against the Pats defense.

I don't see this coaching staff going back to McKenzie as the return man either this week even though Stevenson did absolutely nothing in his first NFL game.

Either way McKenzie isn't part of the future plans here and will be gone in the offseason, so it's time to see what some of these younger guys and one of the few roster moves I agree with.

It has nothing to do with McKenzie at this point.  McKenzie has proven that he can make plays.  They’re giving Stevenson a chance to see if he can do the same.  If he doesn’t do anything with this opportunity, we’ll see McKenzie come playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Can you please fix that.  It makes it look like I said that garbage.

My sincere apologies, saw that after posting so inserted @new pats troll .

Not sure how to remove your name and time stamp from quote - it's an age thing

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

It has nothing to do with McKenzie at this point.  McKenzie has proven that he can make plays.  They’re giving Stevenson a chance to see if he can do the same.  If he doesn’t do anything with this opportunity, we’ll see McKenzie come playoffs.

You might be right but either way he's playing out the string in Buffalo, as are possibly a lot of other players on this roster if this team fizzles out or doesn't go far in the playoffs if they get there.

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

How does what you said even make sense to you?  The five whole times they ran the jet sweep this year went for first downs or a TD in 4 of them.

Probably not but that doesnt mean its the correct decision.  Going with a rookie that has one game played and showed lousy in that game with a fumble of his own on top of it over a guy that was top 9 in one area and top 5 in another.  Makes no sense.  Especially against the Pats.  McKenzie had 1 fumble in 10 games.  Stevenson 1 fumble and looked like an idiot most plays in 1 game.

He probably isnt the future.  McKenzie is a likeable JAG but this isnt the week you try to see what you have in a rookie.  Thats idiocy.  Sounds about right that you would want to experiment against a team that you predict blows us out though.

This makes about as much sense as banging Moss into the oline for no gain over and over when you have a guys getting 5+ ypc all year and sitting the other guy who is the only one with real speed.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

You might be right but either way he's playing out the string in Buffalo, as are possibly a lot of other players on this roster if this team fizzles out or doesn't go far in the playoffs if they get there.

or maybe we catch fire and close the season as we did last year. Gotta stay healthy from here on out

McKenzie is useful for a number of reasons on offense. He often goes in motion and it's not necessarily for a jet sweep, though it does give the defense something else to think about. I recall a play where McKenzie went in motion as if he was going to do a jet sweep. Instead, he kept running while Josh dropped back to pass. Josh hit him and he was wide open. Those plays are effective and useful. The argument that McKenzie isn't is flawed. Also, he had some great games as a receiver in the playoffs last year when the rest of our receiving core was beat up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

McKenzie is useful for a number of reasons on offense. He often goes in motion and it's not necessarily for a jet sweep, though it does give the defense something else to think about. I recall a play where McKenzie went in motion as if he was going to do a jet sweep. Instead, he kept running while Josh dropped back to pass. Josh hit him and he was wide open. Those plays are effective and useful. The argument that McKenzie isn't is flawed. Also, he had some great games as a receiver in the playoffs last year when the rest of our receiving core was beat up.

Do it with Diggs.  The 2 or 3 possible touches from it should go to Diggs.  They havent used him in that method much and I think its an easy way to get him involved in the game.  I think Mckenzie is a good role player.  He will be needed again.  Just not this week.  

Stevenson made his first appearance in a Primetime game, in his home state after 3 days of practice.  That was a big deal for him.  He got through it.  Like his aggressiveness on Punts and his speed will shine on kick returns.

Edited by Mat68

9 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I'm excited to see what Dane can do too. The kid has some skills. Still learning, but he's clearly pretty good in coverage.

Yeah he's pretty decent. He does seem to bite on the double move a little more than you'd want, but he's learning. Also he tackles well and that's a good thing. Anyways, he's getting his chance now for sure so hope he takes advantage of it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.