EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

He essentially playing at the same level and throwing to a bunch of nobodies outside of the TE position.

No Jones doesn't have the arm or mobility that Allen does but neither does Brady and many other great HOF type QB's that have played in this league.

All things considered it's mind blowing that the Pats are scoring on 50% of their drives with a rookie QB who people insist is a game manager just 'dinking and dunking' on the field.

He can also fix a sandwich in the pocket he has, while Allen is under duress immediately.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 34-78-83 said:

Allen is among the 5 most accurate QB's in the game now. Not sure what the heck you mean there. And he throws far more passes down the field especially in the intermediate range so its not a "that's because he throws a ton of 5 yard passes" kinda thing, AND he does it under great duress from our awful pass blocking O-line on most occasions.

I knew after I wrote that I should have specified.. I meant in bad weather and windy conditions  his accuracy would be off.  Not that he is an inaccurate thrower. 

I do believe I quoted a guy saying bad weather make it easy to defend Jones, I was pointing out bad weather makes most QBs easier to defend as all their accuracies go down. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I've been impressed by Mac Jones's play.  He's going to be a good one IMO.

Wouldn't trade Allen for him, and it's not a close decision.

I have to agree unfortunately...I definitely found myself eating a plate of crow due to my own predictions of how he would do before season started and early into it. Also think Pats coaches are putting him in the best position to get the most out of him along with coaching him really good in general.

As far as "he's going to be a good one", well imo too early to tell. I'm sure Pats fans feel it's looking promising, which they should feel that way, however you never know how it will turn out the next season and so forth.

In any event, as of now he has surprised me with his level of play, that's for sure.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Nobody ever said he was going to be as good as Brady, but he's good enough to ruin your little 1 season of success. 

And he is more accurate than Allen, again the object is to move the ball down the field by any means necessary. And to date Jones has been solid at completing the objective 

It's rather simple. 

Just curious...

Where were you last season? I don't remember you sharing any of these priceless pearls of wisdom during the year we swept you.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I have to agree unfortunately...I definitely found myself eating a plate of crow due to my own predictions of how he would do before season started and early into it. Also think Pats coaches are putting him in the best position to get the most out of him along with coaching him really good in general.

As far as "he's going to be a good one", well imo too early to tell. I'm sure Pats fans feel it's looking promising, which they should feel that way, however you never know how it will turn out the next season and so forth.

In any event, as of now he has surprised me with his level of play, that's for sure.

I spend too much time looking at Pats boards & listening to Bill Simmons' podcasts, but the bolded is definitely an understatement.  Most of them think they have a Montana/Young  situation, and are setting up for another long run w/ 6 more Lombardi's.  It's already a given that he's clearly the best QB from that class.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

I spend too much time looking at Pats boards & listening to Bill Simmons' podcasts, but the bolded is definitely an understatement.  Most of them think they have a Montana/Young  situation, and are setting up for another long run w/ 6 more Lombardi's.  It's already a given that he's clearly the best QB from that class.

Lol, yeah I have had the pleasure of coming across some of those type of statements myself.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

Just curious...

Where were you last season? I don't remember you sharing any of these priceless pearls of wisdom during the year we swept you.

That’s because he’s a typical Pats* fan. Only around when they win. For all the Bills fans here who seem to be Sooooo worried about the Pats* I don’t think it’ll last. Buffalo beats them up on mnf 

10 minutes ago, Success said:

Why bother when you can just come here...this is quickly turning into a Patriots board.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

That’s because he’s a typical Pats* fan. Only around when they win. For all the Bills fans here who seem to be Sooooo worried about the Pats* I don’t think it’ll last. Buffalo beats them up on mnf 

Hopefully we get OL back in tact along with Star back. Whatever the case, I'm not sure Bills "beat them up" or not, but I think Bills do take care of business at home this time considering how they got embarrassed at home by the Colts. Have a feeling they won't let that happen again....At least I hope not anyways

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Hopefully we get OL back in tact along with Star back. Whatever the case, I'm not sure Bills "beat them up" or not, but I think Bills do take care of business at home this time considering how they got embarrassed at home by the Colts. Have a feeling they won't let that happen again....At least I hope not anyways

Ok. Let me back track a bit. Beat them up probably not. But they win convincing and I say this because quite simply the bills are a more talented team and they’ve beaten the Pats the last 3 times?(I think)

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Success said:

I haven't really seen that much improvement, so we'll have to disagree there.  But he was playing well from the start.  His game this past Sunday wasn't that different from earlier games.  Since the Bills weren't playing, I was checking out one of the Pats boards during that game - at halftime, a pretty fair # of fans were dismayed w/ how Mac was playing.  Over the course of the game, he threw what should have been 3 easy picks, including an easy pick 6 in the red zone that the defender just dropped (which would have changed the dynamics of that game).   He rebounded in the 2nd half, but his biggest play was the 10-yarder to a wide open Bourne, that Bourne made a spectacular TD run out of.

He's a good QB.  As I keep saying, right now, he's playing like the scouts predicted: most pro-ready and ready to start on day 1, but lowest ceiling.  I've seen comparisons to Garropolo, Dalton & Alex Smith, which I think are all fairly accurate to this point.  He's a game manager.

I have already mentioned his improvement from week 1 to now. To add he is running the 2 min. drill as oppose to the beginning of the season where they were content with just running the ball and settling for whatever the score was at the point.

His best throw was his first TD to Bourne over the defender in the back of the end zone to where only Bourne to get it. Then his sec best was the bomb to Meyers past the defenders miss time jump. Meyers said after that, he was not expecting the ball to come to him because he was only suppose to clear out the defender for Jones to hit whoever underneath. Jones said him and McDaniels talked about going for plays like that, if it looks right to him.

and he is only a rookie but somehow people feel they know what his ceiling is, ok.  

Edited by Ghost_002!

Just now, AlfaBill said:

Ok. Let me back track a bit. Beat them up probably not. But they win convincing and I say this because quite simply the bills are a more talented team and they’ve beaten the Pats the last 3 times?(I think)

I hope you're right and Bills do win convincingly, however you can't go off anything from last season. Totally different this time around. But Bills definitely are a team that can win convincingly that's for sure...

18 minutes ago, Success said:

Cripes...our "little one season of success."

I'm so glad I'm not a Pats fan.  Teams can actually win too much for their fanbase's good.  

emm...depends. I mean i get a lot from the fan base here to be extremely bothered by the national media, and feeling disrespected. (still haven't read anything yet)

i mean it really is a "what have you done for me lately" kind of thing in sports as far as how the national media is going to look at things. It seems like a lot of Bills fans(not everyone)  can't deal with that. (BB and the patriots were getting killed right after Brady won a SB, from the offseason to  their 2-4 record by the national media...then it got turned around).. As i said, win(not just the NE game...) and all that goes away.  I guess.  

Edited by Ghost_002!

9 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

emm...depends. I mean i get a lot from the fan base here to be extremely bothered by the national media, and feeling disrespected. (still haven't read anything yet)

i mean it really is a "what have you done for me lately" kind of thing in sports as far as how the national media is going to look at things. It seems like a lot of Bills fans(not everyone)  can't deal with that. (BB and the patriots were getting killed right after Brady won a SB, from the offseason to  their 2-4 record by the national media...then it got turned around).. As i said, win(not just the NE game...) and all that goes away.  I guess.  

what you’ve done for us lately is hijack the thread and bore the living hell out of us. Please give it a break.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

He essentially playing at the same level and throwing to a bunch of nobodies outside of the TE position.

No Jones doesn't have the arm or mobility that Allen does but neither does Brady and many other great HOF type QB's that have played in this league.

All things considered it's mind blowing that the Pats are scoring on 50% of their drives with a rookie QB who people insist is a game manager just 'dinking and dunking' on the field.

Brady after playing in Michigan might be the best cold weather passer.  Bradys arm is on the stronger side of the spectrum. Jones has been as advertised. Lets see when he plays against better defenses.  Does he keep that up or fall back to how he performed earlier in the year in similar circumstances.  I think Jones comes down to earth a bit.  

18 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I don't care about the hype.  I actually kind of like that the Pats are now being hyped to the moon, while the Bills are barely being mentioned. 

What I meant by "I'm glad I'm not a Pats fan" is that right now, I'd prefer to be a fan of a team that is still starting their journey.  Not to generalize, but Pats fans have out-Yankeed Yankees fans in terms of being spoiled & having a sense of entitlement.  Those aren't enviable qualities.

Not all of course - but many.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.