EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

3 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Jones is most definitely NOT more accurate. Completion percentage is NOT a measure of accuracy. Crazy things happen at times but the reincarnation of TB12 is NOT at hand. Maybe also try some research on how to measure QB accuracy. Hint, Listen to actual QB's/Coaches talk about it. I'll keep any further replies about my point to the poster it was directed to.

Don’t feed the trolls. If everyone ignored Pats fans, they would go away. Personally I don’t think they add one bit of useful or helpful content to a Bills Board. I know that could be said for a lot of us here but at least we are all pulling for the Bills. Pats fans opinions are biased based solely off the fact they are Pats fans. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 34-78-83 said:

Jones is most definitely NOT more accurate. Completion percentage is NOT a measure of accuracy. Crazy things happen at times but the reincarnation of TB12 is NOT at hand. Maybe also try some research on how to measure QB accuracy. Hint, Listen to actual QB's/Coaches talk about it. I'll keep any further replies about my point to the poster it was directed to.

Nobody ever said he was going to be as good as Brady, but he's good enough to ruin your little 1 season of success. 

And he is more accurate than Allen, again the object is to move the ball down the field by any means necessary. And to date Jones has been solid at completing the objective 

It's rather simple. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

13 minutes ago, buffalonian said:

Cleveland was without Chubb and Hunt, and Mayfield was injured during the game, FWIW.  

The Browns are running basically a taxi squad right now, there's not much there without injuries, and they are trying.  What's more alarming is how bland play calling is without Dawson Knox.  He's pretty much the elite and level best performer Buffalo has ever had as a tight-end.  We've never had anyone like that who can rotate the playbook as a top-tier blocker and receiver.  I look at the Saints running the same defensive scheme as the Jags and then they had to completely modify it when Knox was healthy.  Imagine how much better we could've been with him in.  Sweeny dropped passes and that just hurt the cause and Dion Dawkins just isn't the same without Knox it.

29 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

I don't care what kind of passes he is throwing that's irrelevant, the object is to move the ball down the field. Jones is more accurate. Has a higher success rate. And u're absolutely sick right now the pats are 8-4, how could that be? And I just want to say thank you to the bills for allowing Taylor 3+ TD prop to pay out at 66-1. 

Did I mention Mr. Jones is doing this with outside of Henry a bunch of undesirable receivers. Without diggs Allen is playing how he did in 19

Not sure if you are a Pats or Bills fan but these type of comments will of course get resistance here because nobody wants to question that a $250M QB is essentially playing at the same level as a rookie QB who costs a fraction of what Allen does.

Also another good point that overall Allen has better talent on offense compared to the Patriots. It's just amazing what Jones is doing right now all things considered.

I think a harsh reality is coming soon that last year was indeed a fluke for both Allen and this team's overall success and the Pats are about to seize control of the division again for the foreseable future but the good news is that it will expedite moving on from Beane and McDermott who I still believe will never take this team to a championship anyway.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1

22 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Nobody ever said he was going to be as good as Brady, but he's good enough to ruin your little 1 season of success. 

And he is more accurate than Allen, again the object is to move the ball down the field by any means necessary. And to date Jones has been solid at completing the objective 

It's rather simple. 

Are you going to be here all week? You might just want to start your own thread to hype your team up. Especially once the news starts rolling in tomorrow. You are taking up like half the pages in the game week thread. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Are you going to be here all week? You might just want to start your own thread to hype your team up. You are taking up like half the pages in the game week thread. 

I'm hoping after Monday night, we won't be seeing the Pats fans so much. Such obnoxious fans.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Are you going to be here all week? You might just want to start your own thread to hype your team up. Especially once the news starts rolling in tomorrow. You are taking up like half the pages in the game week thread. 

Of course I'll be here, win or lose.

Hey you guys should be happy Nick wright said the bills and Chiefs 2 best teams in AFC lol, probably bases that on bills beating KC, and negates the fact that buffalo has been sub 500 since that mark with wins over Miami, jets and saints. 

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Who would you rather have as your QB? Case closed.

Well if he was a pat, we would see 2019 Allen, pre diggs Allen. Subpar Allen. 

And I like what Mac is doing, he just played very well against a Titans defense that was at full strength. I never saw 36 points coming, the Titans d is way more physical than buffalo. I think MJ will be just fine against this bills unit

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Pats last 6 games

36-13 over the Titans

25-0 win over the Falcons

45-7 over the Browns

24-6 over the Panthers

27-24 over the Chargers

54-13 over the Jets

It's a nice winning streak but the Jets, Panthers, Falcons suck. Mayfield is banged up pretty bad but you have to give them credit in holding the Browns to 7. The team with the best offense on this list scored 24 on them. The Titans were missing so many weapons that they really had no shot. The Bills will probably score around the same amount as the Chargers did. While the Pats 6 game winning streak is impressive many of the teams on that list are not. But it will still be a tough game Monday night.

Facts 

They played the panthers, falcons, browns and titans all missing key players on offense.

that’s the way it is sometimes we got N.O beat up but titans fully loaded on offense 

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Pats last 6 games

36-13 over the Titans

25-0 win over the Falcons

45-7 over the Browns

24-6 over the Panthers

27-24 over the Chargers

54-13 over the Jets

It's a nice winning streak but the Jets, Panthers, Falcons suck. Mayfield is banged up pretty bad but you have to give them credit in holding the Browns to 7. The team with the best offense on this list scored 24 on them. The Titans were missing so many weapons that they really had no shot. The Bills will probably score around the same amount as the Chargers did. While the Pats 6 game winning streak is impressive many of the teams on that list are not. But it will still be a tough game Monday night.

The Bills aren't much better. They are 3-4  when facing teams other than the Dolphins, Jets and Texans. 

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

I still think they benefited greatly playing the packers without Rodgers that time. Although their defense looked better against the cowboys (it's the cowboys) they are definitely alive and kicking, still have questions about their defense. 

to me until otherwise...i say the Chiefs n the Bills and if you want throw the patriots next, cool. But i gotta go with the Chiefs n the Bills because both are the division champs and are still very much alive for SB contention until someone beats them outright. 

Sorry to say, but I have zero confidence in the Bills winning on Monday night.  Belichick knows how to defend the bills.  All he has to do is look at what the Jags, Titans, Steelers, and Colts did to slow down our offense.  Two deep coverage.

I hope I am completely wrong.  But I think Monday night's game will be painful to watch.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not sure if you are a Pats or Bills fan but these type of comments will of course get resistance here because nobody wants to question that a $250M QB is essentially playing at the same level as a rookie QB who costs a fraction of what Allen does.

Also another good point that overall Allen has better talent on offense compared to the Patriots. It's just amazing what Jones is doing right now all things considered.

I think a harsh reality is coming soon that last year was indeed a fluke for both Allen and this team's overall success and the Pats are about to seize control of the division again for the foreseable future but the good news is that it will expedite moving on from Beane and McDermott who I still believe will never take this team to a championship anyway.

Because he isn't and will end up getting exposed the longer he is in the league. Dude has a noodle arm. Can't hide it forever.

34 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Of course I'll be here, win or lose.

Hey you guys should be happy Nick wright said the bills and Chiefs 2 best teams in AFC lol, probably bases that on bills beating KC, and negates the fact that buffalo has been sub 500 since that mark with wins over Miami, jets and saints. 

Well if he was a pat, we would see 2019 Allen, pre diggs Allen. Subpar Allen. 

And I like what Mac is doing, he just played very well against a Titans defense that was at full strength. I never saw 36 points coming, the Titans d is way more physical than buffalo. I think MJ will be just fine against this bills unit

Guess we will see. Being physical doesn't equate to better.

Edited by Big Turk

12 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

You are wrong, he has improved. Each week they are given him more and trusting him more with the offense. If you really were to look at him from week 1 to now. He is a different QB; from his reads to what they are asking him to do. He has always been accurate and efficient. And again, he is not the focal point of the offense. Not because he lacks ability, it's because they are bring him along slowly. It's the same approach they have had with all their QBs.

They would do the same if Trevor Lawrence was their QB. You are right he hasn't faced any adversity yet, Monday will be a great test. And i remembered you speaking of his pocket protection before. The Oline has gotten better, but in the first few weeks the line was crap and he was getting killed. And i also remembered you saying "he doesn't roll out" or they do not design roll outs for him. I know you seen they had two for him last week versus the Titans again speaking of how much more they are given him and trusting him with the offense. (notice you haven't seen much trick plays these last few weeks...)

In the Titans game the running game was not effective and he was fine making plays and throwing the ball. And there were times he was rushed. He either was able to dump it off in the flat or hit Meyers in the middle of the field right before the sack got there, or even audible to another play. Again speaking of his progression as a QB in that offense....things they couldn't get Cam Newton to do. 

I haven't really seen that much improvement, so we'll have to disagree there.  But he was playing well from the start.  His game this past Sunday wasn't that different from earlier games.  Since the Bills weren't playing, I was checking out one of the Pats boards during that game - at halftime, a pretty fair # of fans were dismayed w/ how Mac was playing.  Over the course of the game, he threw what should have been 3 easy picks, including an easy pick 6 in the red zone that the defender just dropped (which would have changed the dynamics of that game).   He rebounded in the 2nd half, but his biggest play was the 10-yarder to a wide open Bourne, that Bourne made a spectacular TD run out of.

He's a good QB.  As I keep saying, right now, he's playing like the scouts predicted: most pro-ready and ready to start on day 1, but lowest ceiling.  I've seen comparisons to Garropolo, Dalton & Alex Smith, which I think are all fairly accurate to this point.  He's a game manager.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Because he isn't and will end up getting exposed the longer he is in the league. Dude has a noodle arm. Can't hide it forever.

Guess we will see. Being physical doesn't equate to better.

No he won't, wait till he actually has some good skill position players. He is thowing to nobodies even Henry really isn't anyone.

1 minute ago, Success said:

I haven't really seen that much improvement, so we'll have to disagree there.  But he was playing well from the start.  His game this past Sunday wasn't that different from earlier games.  Since the Bills weren't playing, I was checking out one of the Pats boards during that game - at halftime, a pretty fair # of fans were dismayed w/ how Mac was playing.  Over the course of the game, he threw what should have been 3 easy picks, including an easy pick 6 in the red zone that the defender just dropped (which would have changed the dynamics of that game).   He rebounded in the 2nd half, but his biggest play was the 10-yarder to a wide open Bourne, that Bourne made a spectacular TD run out of.

He's a good QB.  As I keep saying, right now, he's playing like the scouts predicted: most pro-ready and ready to start on day 1, but lowest ceiling.  I've seen comparisons to Garropolo, Dalton & Alex Smith, which I think are all fairly accurate to this point.  He's a game manager.

6 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I've been impressed by Mac Jones's play.  He's going to be a good one IMO.

Wouldn't trade Allen for him, and it's not a close decision.

He essentially playing at the same level and throwing to a bunch of nobodies outside of the TE position.

No Jones doesn't have the arm or mobility that Allen does but neither does Brady and many other great HOF type QB's that have played in this league.

All things considered it's mind blowing that the Pats are scoring on 50% of their drives with a rookie QB who people insist is a game manager just 'dinking and dunking' on the field.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.