EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

The thing that bothers me the most about the Patriots hype is that they have had essentially the same easy schedule the Bills have had.

The best win they have is over the Chargers, and you can argue that the Bills' win over the Chiefs at Arrowhead was as impressive or more so. Other than that, it's a whole bunch of middling teams and bottom feeders. Unlike with the Bills, however, the media NEVER mentions this.

You want to knock the Bills for only beating nobodies this year? Fine, but knock the Pats for the same thing!

They've won 6 in a row in dominant fashion with an average score of 35-10.

Yes the Bills had a similar stretch earlier in the year but they have been a mediorce 3-3 team since compared to what the Pats are doing now and it's not like they are just squeaking by teams, most of these contests have been over by halftime.

I get that fans here want to believe the Bills are a good team but recency bias says otherwise until they prove it and this game against the Patriots is really a defining moment for McDermott and especially Allen to justify his contract.

• Eyeroll 1

15 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

These kids have all been cucked by their vidya games and its weirdest thing ever.  I just got my original NES back and the only way I'm watching another man play Duck Hunt on my old Nintendo is if he tapes my eyes open after he kills me.  Also he will need to figure out how to get the gun to work.  It doesnt work on modern TVs.  

I have cousins, nieces, nephews, etc. who do the same thing. It is wild. Like, why not just, you know....play the video game? 

I actually just plugged in my SNES two days ago. I am pretty impressed with Super Mario World's game play and graphics on my 70" Samsung even though it was built for 16:9 in 1990. I think that game was probably a bit a head of its time, kind of like Game Gear was as a hand held console. 

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

The thing that bothers me the most about the Patriots hype is that they have had essentially the same easy schedule the Bills have had.

The best win they have is over the Chargers, and you can argue that the Bills' win over the Chiefs at Arrowhead was as impressive or more so. Other than that, it's a whole bunch of middling teams and bottom feeders. Unlike with the Bills, however, the media NEVER mentions this.

You want to knock the Bills for only beating nobodies this year? Fine, but knock the Pats for the same thing!

This. The stench of that jags loss and the manner with which we got handled at home by the Colts is what turned the public perception and narrative on the Bills. They were darlings all off season and much of the beginning of the year. Bills can flip that back with a win on Monday.

Personally, I want to see the offense firing like we saw in that Tennessee game. We’ve had good offensive games since then, but I don’t think any of us have had the pleasure of seeing how capable this offense really is when hitting on all cylinders very often this year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

So is our defense...still ranked #1 in the NFL in a wide array of categories, including only allowing a ridiculous 4.6 yards per play.

Although the loss of Tre is going to hurt.

I do not think i have said otherwise about the Bills defense. You made reference to last season patriots defense which isn't the same as this years defense and guess who is statically right there with the Bills defense? Patriots. It's literally one and two right now as far as defensive rankings are concerned. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

Belichick will take advantage of Jerry Hughes aggressiveness. Hughes likes to crash inside and not hold containment. Bills also have to limit TOs. Can’t give Patriots extra possessions 

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Throw to the WRs and TE please. I don’t mind tossing it to brieda a bit but I don’t trust Devin with those. 

Would love a big Dawson Knox game 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills are better in almost every category.  More passing, rushing, points, give up less passing yards, rushing yards.  Their defense gives up .30 less points thats it.  Bills defense is just as good as Ne.  I like the Bills offense vs Ne.  Skeptical Jones does enough vs the Bills defense to win.  

13 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Very true, don’t forget they also only scored 13 points.  So ball security will be key for both teams.

You do know wins and rain works both ways right? Yes Allen has the arm but his accuracy would be an issue and well I’d say poor weather works worse for the Bills game plan than the Pats who will rely on our line to bully your D line.  

Allen is among the 5 most accurate QB's in the game now. Not sure what the heck you mean there. And he throws far more passes down the field especially in the intermediate range so its not a "that's because he throws a ton of 5 yard passes" kinda thing, AND he does it under great duress from our awful pass blocking O-line on most occasions.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

At least the takes by @Ghost_002! And @PatsFanNH have balanced and reasonable takes. 

Come on, the Pats performance is directly correlated to the (head) coaching. There is little evidence to say that the Pats** team is better than the Bills. 

looking better and playing better yes, but overall a better team. No, i don't think the pats are better. But it's great to see what these two games will bring. Because it's gonna answer ALOT of our questions. Are the Bills back on track  and ready to contend for the SB or Is there more they need to figure out. Are the patriots really among the elite or did they just benefit from injuries and weak overall rosters from other teams and still need some tweaking themselves. 

for me if all things are equal.....i think or thought the pats ceiling for this year was a wildcard game and the bills win the division. But these next games for them overall, not just with the Bills will definitely tell me the deal. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

31 minutes ago, BananaB said:

The Pats are getting the same love we were when we had our 4 game winning streak. Bills should want to make a statement next Monday, hopefully they come out on fire

The Bills have been inconsistent thus year.  The sometimes seem to play with a arrogance that they deserve to win and forget how much effort it takes to win in the NFL. 

If they come into this game with a blue collar mentality and ready to fight, scratch, and claw we can win.  Any less of an effort and we will get embarrassed on Monday.

10 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Allen is among the 5 most accurate QB's in the game now. Not sure what the heck you mean there. And he throws far more passes down the field especially in the intermediate range so its not a "that's because he throws a ton of 5 yard passes" kinda thing, AND he does it under great duress from our awful pass blocking O-line on most occasions.

Well let's see Mac is 3rd in the league with 70.x completion % and Allen is well below and they both have the same 7.5 ypa

Pats last 6 games

36-13 over the Titans

25-0 win over the Falcons

45-7 over the Browns

24-6 over the Panthers

27-24 over the Chargers

54-13 over the Jets

It's a nice winning streak but the Jets, Panthers, Falcons suck. Mayfield is banged up pretty bad but you have to give them credit in holding the Browns to 7. The team with the best offense on this list scored 24 on them. The Titans were missing so many weapons that they really had no shot. The Bills will probably score around the same amount as the Chargers did. While the Pats 6 game winning streak is impressive many of the teams on that list are not. But it will still be a tough game Monday night.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Well let's see Mac is 3rd in the league with 70.x completion % and Allen is well below and they both have the same 7.5 ypa

LMAO Pot meet kettle. That holds no water.

The point was literally that completion % for Jones is a reflection of him throwing a ton of 5 yard passes and his YPA is mostly influenced by having a high completion percentage. look at AIR yards per completion (or attempt) for an actual indicator of what kind of passes your kid is throwing, and what kind our guy is. Oh and this response was specifically for PatsNH to boot. He atleast understands the game a bit and the limitations of measures such as completion percentage, smh.

Edited by 34-78-83

56 minutes ago, buffalonian said:

I guess the Bills should rest their starters on Monday, hope for a wild card berth and pray they make it to the AFC championship game where they are certain to be beaten by the Patriots who have been ordained AFC champs with 6 games left in the regular season. 

CDC0FADC-F2A0-4B62-8282-695A4C830979.jpeg

I don't necessarily think that the Patriots are the second best team in the league. They do have the hottest hand at the moment though. This Pats team sort of reminds me of the Pats teams of the early aughts before Brady became Brady. A very good defense and an offense that matriculated the ball down the field and accumulated first downs without a whole lot of mistakes. it isn't wild to think they could win the SB. But no. 2 seems a bit high and a bit early. 

1 minute ago, 34-78-83 said:

LMAO Pot meet kettle. That holds no water.

The point was literally that completion % for Jones is a reflection of him throwing a ton of 5 yard passes and his YPA is mostly influenced by having a high completion percentage. look at AIR yards per completion (or attempt) for an actual indicator of what kind of passes your kid is throwing, and what kind our guy is. Oh and this response was specifically for PatsNH to boot. He atleast understands the game a bit and the limitations of measures such as completion percentage, smh.

I don't care what kind of passes he is throwing that's irrelevant, the object is to move the ball down the field. Jones is more accurate. Has a higher success rate. And u're absolutely sick right now the pats are 8-4, how could that be? And I just want to say thank you to the bills for allowing Taylor 3+ TD prop to pay out at 66-1. 

Did I mention Mr. Jones is doing this with outside of Henry a bunch of undesirable receivers. Without diggs Allen is playing how he did in 19

• Vomit 1

9 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Pats last 6 games

36-13 over the Titans

25-0 win over the Falcons

45-7 over the Browns

24-6 over the Panthers

27-24 over the Chargers

54-13 over the Jets

It's a nice winning streak but the Jets, Panthers, Falcons suck. Mayfield is banged up pretty bad but you have to give them credit in holding the Browns to 7. The team with the best offense on this list scored 24 on them. The Titans were missing so many weapons that they really had no shot. The Bills will probably score around the same amount as the Chargers did. While the Pats 6 game winning streak is impressive many of the teams on that list are not. But it will still be a tough game Monday night.

Cleveland was without Chubb and Hunt, and Mayfield was injured during the game, FWIW.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Everyone forgetting about the chiefs I see …

I still think they benefited greatly playing the packers without Rodgers that time. Although their defense looked better against the cowboys (it's the cowboys) they are definitely alive and kicking, still have questions about their defense. 

to me until otherwise...i say the Chiefs n the Bills and if you want throw the patriots next, cool. But i gotta go with the Chiefs n the Bills because both are the division champs and are still very much alive for SB contention until someone beats them outright. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

Just now, Jeffbigalls said:

I don't care what kind of passes he is throwing that's irrelevant, the object is to move the ball down the field. Jones is more accurate. Has a higher success rate. And u're absolutely sick right now the pats are 8-4, how could that be? And I just want to say thank you to the bills for allowing Taylor 3+ TD prop to pay out at 66-1. 

Jones is most definitely NOT more accurate. Completion percentage is NOT a measure of accuracy. Crazy things happen at times but the reincarnation of TB12 is NOT at hand. Maybe also try some research on how to measure QB accuracy. Hint, Listen to actual QB's/Coaches talk about it. I'll keep any further replies about my point to the poster it was directed to.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.