EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Uh-Oh - Bill Belichick effusively praising Josh Allen.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bill-belichick-showers-bills-quarterback-josh-allen-with-praise/ar-AARg1cF

Typically when Belichick praises ya, it means he thinks he owns your soul.

Remember last year the broadcast booth let it slip that Bill didn’t seem impressed, Allen carved them up, and Bill had to answer the narrative about why he thought Allen wasn’t all that….LOL. 

Hoodie getting out in front of it this time, as usual.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Allen’s  class was a weak class for QB. None was considered good year one, Mayfield had a few good games and Jackson had success but to this day people knock his QB play. But first 2 years the class was probably considered a Bust with Allen and Lamar being the only two ok QBs.

That's actually quite revisionist history.  In his rookie year, Mayfield came in Game 3 and played very well.  The team went 7-7, but Mayfield threw 27 TD to 14 INTs, on a season-adjusted basis would have thrown for >4200 yds, 7.66 ypa.  The problem was the defense was a sieve.

Mayfield was considered to have validated the Browns decision to draft him #1 and the sky's the limit next year.  In fact, that viewpoint was so strong that he was reputedly allowed to influence the firing of Hue Jackson/Todd Haley and replacing him with Freddie Kitchens as OC and Gregg Williams as coach, then the hiring of Kitchens as HC next season. 

Kitchens was pretty much over his head, and Mayfield regressed badly.

Lamar Jackson took over Week 10 of his rookie season and helped the Ravens win 6 of 7 games with a close loss to KC.  Then in 2019 with the offense retooled to suit him, he was NFL League MVP.  Calling the League MVP an "OK QB" is Some *****.

Allen was regarded as a a wild man who showed flashes and amazing entertainment potential until 2020.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea that’s true…it’s really more about how you respond once defensive coordinators learn your tendencies than instant success anyway. If Mac finishes the season strong he could be the real deal. I can’t shake the feeling that they are the 2020 Miami dolphins but they could certainly prove me wrong (I hope they don’t 😂) tua was managing the games well and their defense was coming up with huge turnovers left and right. two bills drive was in a constant state of panic right around this time of the year much like we are now lol then they had a huge game against us with a trip to the playoffs on the line and we absolutely obliterated them so badly that their fans still complain we ran up the score 

I think Belichick creates a system, and if you are a QB of a certain ability to execute his plan well, you succeed. Was Tom Brady born the GOAT, or did playing in Belichick's system for years hone his skills?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

7 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Wrong, but I know you, like most people on wny are sick. Can't believe the pats are 8-4. How could this be?

Not wrong. 

Look, Mac Jones is having a very solid rookie season.  He's making good decisions, he's doing what he's asked to do, he's making some good throws downfield.  His stats across the board are stats a good team with a solid run game and great D can win with.

But I turn on the Patriots game and there's Troy Aikman talking about how no rookie has ever done what Mac Jones has done and it's just so far over the top that unless you're an Uber fan it's like "seriously?".  Because this is what his passing chart looked like, and again, not to take a thing away from Mac Jones who is playing well and doing what he's asked to do - there's nothing wrong with this passer chart for a rookie - but the over-praiseful narrative forces me to agree.  It's just too much.

image.thumb.png.ef24d43dc502e23446a31eb39d9dc7a4.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Allen’s  class was a weak class for QB. None was considered good year one, Mayfield had a few good games and Jackson had success but to this day people knock his QB play. But first 2 years the class was probably considered a Bust with Allen and Lamar being the only two ok QBs.

In hindsight.  Yes.  I remember before the 2017 draft that next year’s qb class was loaded so it would be smart to pass on Watson, Mahomes, Trubisky, etc. and add talent at another position if you were thinking about drafting a qb.  You’ve got to trust your scouts.  

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I thin Belichick creates a system, and if you are a QB of a certain ability to execute his plan well, you succeed. Was Tom Brady born the GOAT, or did playing in Belichick's system for years hone his skills?

There's no question that playing in Belichick's system helped Brady succeed his first years, but to be fair to Brady his fierce competitiveness and desire to improve honed his skills.  And it pains me to say that, but True is True.

• Agree 1

Get up on their tiny garbage WRs and be physical with them.  They will try to be with us, being very fired up after 2 whoopings last year.  Match that and punch them in the mouth.  

Let your 6 in the box handle the run game.  No pass rush bc the ball will be gone in 2.3 seconds max.   

Cover Hunter Henry that's his go to in the RZ and when he needs a play.  Milano and our Safeties should handle this.    

Adjust as needed.  

Done.  

Edited by Big Blitz

4 hours ago, Success said:

I appreciate your belief in him, but he doesn't play against Dak or Brady.

And man, was Brady off that game.  I don't know if it was nerves or BB knowing him so well - but that game is probably a blowout 9x out of 10.  The Pats scored 17 points - saying he went "toe to toe w/ Brady" kind of glosses over that.

He really hasn't proven anything, except for efficiency & accuracy in an offense where he's not asked to do much, and that is designed specifically for what he does well.  He has faced almost zero adversity in the NFL to this point. And he is protected as well as just about any other QB in the league.  I can't believe the time he has in the pocket when I watch some of those games. 

You are wrong, he has improved. Each week they are given him more and trusting him more with the offense. If you really were to look at him from week 1 to now. He is a different QB; from his reads to what they are asking him to do. He has always been accurate and efficient. And again, he is not the focal point of the offense. Not because he lacks ability, it's because they are bring him along slowly. It's the same approach they have had with all their QBs.

They would do the same if Trevor Lawrence was their QB. You are right he hasn't faced any adversity yet, Monday will be a great test. And i remembered you speaking of his pocket protection before. The Oline has gotten better, but in the first few weeks the line was crap and he was getting killed. And i also remembered you saying "he doesn't roll out" or they do not design roll outs for him. I know you seen they had two for him last week versus the Titans again speaking of how much more they are given him and trusting him with the offense. (notice you haven't seen much trick plays these last few weeks...)

In the Titans game the running game was not effective and he was fine making plays and throwing the ball. And there were times he was rushed. He either was able to dump it off in the flat or hit Meyers in the middle of the field right before the sack got there, or even audible to another play. Again speaking of his progression as a QB in that offense....things they couldn't get Cam Newton to do. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Uh-Oh - Bill Belichick effusively praising Josh Allen.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bill-belichick-showers-bills-quarterback-josh-allen-with-praise/ar-AARg1cF

Typically when Belichick praises ya, it means he thinks he owns your soul.

Maybe he forgot Allen making him slam the phone down at Foxboro last year because he had no answers

I can’t believe the most level headed take on this game I’ve seen is from a Boston sports network. Refreshing.

Meanwhile in other news a normally rational Kay Adams was just on GMFB saying Mac Jones is the best QB in the AFC. This crap from the mainstream is getting completely absurd. It’s completely out of control. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I can’t believe the most level headed take on this game I’ve seen is from a Boston sports network. Refreshing.

Meanwhile in other news a normally rational Kay Adams was just on GMFB saying Mac Jones is the best QB in the AFC. This crap from the mainstream is getting completely absurd. It’s completely out of control. 

Nope, let it build and build. It’s exactly what our coaches want.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Wrong, but I know you, like most people on wny are sick. Can't believe the pats are 8-4. How could this be? 

Actually its not really that surprising. They spent a ton of money in FA to shore up some weak spots. A few of their players who opted out last year because of Covid are back this year. They have done a nice job with Game Manager Jones. That said if the Bills bring their "A" game they will win. They will have to bring their "A" game because I expect this will to go down to the wire. Just like last night's Seattle-Washington game did. Only their won't be a million 3 and outs by the offenses. 

20 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

why do you listen to it and let it bother you?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.