EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

48 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Allen’s  class was a weak class for QB. None was considered good year one, Mayfield had a few good games and Jackson had success but to this day people knock his QB play. But first 2 years the class was probably considered a Bust with Allen and Lamar being the only two ok QBs.

I was actually  thinking about this last night during the SNF game.

You have two guys (Allen and Jackson) you can build a franchise around, one decent QB (Mayfield), and two busts in Rosen and Darnold.

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Same key issues go focus on:

1. Finishing drives with points, preferably TDs.  Would it surprise people that we crossed the 50-yd line 7 times! against the Jags, and only came away with 2 FGs.  Our offensive struggles haven't been moving the ball, its finishing with scores "consistently" and not stalling at the 35-45 yard line of opponents.

2. Win the turnover battle.  We need to play turnover-free on offense, NE is coached well to punch/strip the ball.  Then on defense, NE offense has also done a great job of scoring points/moving the ball, so we need to be opportunistic and keep them to FGs if anything.

3. Stay balanced on offense.  Run/pass, but also with formations, and taking timely shots downfield.  

4. Penalties have been drive killers for us, on both sides of the ball.  Need to stay disciplined and not give cheap yards.

5. Play with intensity and energy.  Need to set the tone early and keep the fans engaged/loud throughout.

Go Bills! 

NE just got gashed for nearly 300 rushing yards by a TEN team missing Henry...we should be able to run on them somewhat

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

24 mph winds with gusts up to 40 mph??

Fml

That is per my AccuWeather app

I know the poor weather hasn't worked to our advantage yet, but if the winds are up, this may be the game where we can take advantage of it a bit.  Unlike a lot of the national media, I am not ready to crown Mac as the 2nd coming quite yet.  I am not sure he has the arm to beat people deep and until he proves he can do that consistently, I am not going to believe it.  So if the winds are up, I am stacking the box to shut down their running game and I am squatting on every route under 15 yards.  I'll take my chances with forcing him to beat us over the top.  If he can do that with our safeties in the wind and the cold, more power to him, but he is not beating us by dinking and dunking like he has all year.  I'm not sure what our coaching staff's philosophy will be, but this is how I would do it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

NE just got gashed for nearly 300 rushing yards by a TEN team missing Henry...we should be able to run on them somewhat

Very true, don’t forget they also only scored 13 points.  So ball security will be key for both teams.

7 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I know the poor weather hasn't worked to our advantage yet, but if the winds are up, this may be the game where we can take advantage of it a bit.  Unlike a lot of the national media, I am not ready to crown Mac as the 2nd coming quite yet.  I am not sure he has the arm to beat people deep and until he proves he can do that consistently, I am not going to believe it.  So if the winds are up, I am stacking the box to shut down their running game and I am squatting on every route under 15 yards.  I'll take my chances with forcing him to beat us over the top.  If he can do that with our safeties in the wind and the cold, more power to him, but he is not beating us by dinking and dunking like he has all year.  I'm not sure what our coaching staff's philosophy will be, but this is how I would do it.

You do know wins and rain works both ways right? Yes Allen has the arm but his accuracy would be an issue and well I’d say poor weather works worse for the Bills game plan than the Pats who will rely on our line to bully your D line.  

• Disagree 2

2 hours ago, Success said:

I appreciate your belief in him, but he doesn't play against Dak or Brady.

And man, was Brady off that game.  I don't know if it was nerves or BB knowing him so well - but that game is probably a blowout 9x out of 10.  The Pats scored 17 points - saying he went "toe to toe w/ Brady" kind of glosses over that.

He really hasn't proven anything, except for efficiency & accuracy in an offense where he's not asked to do much, and that is designed specifically for what he does well.  He has faced almost zero adversity in the NFL to this point. And he is protected as well as just about any other QB in the league.  I can't believe the time he has in the pocket when I watch some of those games. 

1 out of 10 times might be a blow out, without the weather Tampa bay probably wins by 7 max

Jc Jackson playing great ball

Allowing a 35.8 QB rating in coverage thru 12 games 

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Very true, don’t forget they also only scored 13 points.  So ball security will be key for both teams.

You do know wins and rain works both ways right? Yes Allen has the arm but his accuracy would be an issue and well I’d say poor weather works worse for the Bills game plan than the Pats who will rely on our line to bully your D line.  

Yes...thanks to Tennessee acting like they were playing hot potato with the ball on those runs...

19 minutes ago, sven233 said:

After watching him put everything he had into that ball last week that cleared the LB fingertips by inches and was caught about 30 yards downfield, I think his arm is suspect.  It was a great throw but if you watched him throw that ball he put his entire body into it...

That was a ball Allen could have thrown flat footed and got it there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Allen’s  class was a weak class for QB. None was considered good year one, Mayfield had a few good games and Jackson had success but to this day people knock his QB play. But first 2 years the class was probably considered a Bust with Allen and Lamar being the only two ok QBs.

Allen and Lamar the only two “Ok” Qb’s ???? 
Why don’t you F your self !!!! 

Edited by Putin
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Putin said:

Allen and Lamar the only two “Ok” Qb’s ???? 
Why don’t you F your self !!!! 

I read it that way at 1st too, but I don't think that's how he meant it. He's saying after 2 years of that class, and what it was generally considered (not  his own opinion).

Classes like that - and like the current one - can't really be judged for at least 2-3 years, imo. Sometimes longer. QB's end up in a variety of situations, and so many are projects.  Lance could end up the best from this class for all we know.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

lol your response to us saying that Mac may not be the best QB in a couple years is to say that 2018 was a weak QB class for the first two years? That no one was good out of the gate? Pretty weak

Lamar won like 7 games in a row his first year to make the playoffs. By year two, Lamar won MVP and Allen made the playoffs. That’s really good. Not to mention Mayfield broke the rookie QB passing TD record.

By year 3, Mayfield, Josh and Lamar all made and won playoff games. Josh got to the AFCCG and was second in MVP voting. 

I get you are trying to say that Mac is doing things other rookie quarterbacks haven’t recently (untrue) in their rookie year. I don’t blame you, but you are at best forgetting that other rookie QBs have done as well or better recently. And some have fallen off after that good start. 

Can’t wait for Monday

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don’t mean this to prove a point I’m just genuinely curious how many bills games you have watched this season…pretty decent chance pats get stonewalled running the football from what we have seen so far this year when we’re playing at full strength. Our linebacker depth is questionable and missing edmunds and star was devastating against the colts. Somehow this bills defense is #1 in a lot of metrics and criminally underrated and overrated all at the same time 😂. A lot of Henry’s yards came on that one long run with all the holds in the titans game…what they really hurt us with is the play action passing game because we had the unfortunate displeasure of facing aj brown and Julio jones lol I don’t think they’ve been healthy in the same game any other time it seems like.  I think we’ll know more about who has the edge when we get the injury report. Seems like we got forced into playing nickel all game against the colts since we lost edmunds and would rather have a decent extra db on the field than a terrible linebacker…I doubt that will happen schematically next week. Not to mention Stars backup at DT was playing with a bum knee.  Bottom line…I think people are trying to extrapolate way too much from those two individual games we have had and the titans offense is a couple tiers above the pats offense when healthy 

3 hours ago, Success said:

I appreciate your belief in him, but he doesn't play against Dak or Brady.

And man, was Brady off that game.  I don't know if it was nerves or BB knowing him so well - but that game is probably a blowout 9x out of 10.  The Pats scored 17 points - saying he went "toe to toe w/ Brady" kind of glosses over that.

He really hasn't proven anything, except for efficiency & accuracy in an offense where he's not asked to do much, and that is designed specifically for what he does well.  He has faced almost zero adversity in the NFL to this point. And he is protected as well as just about any other QB in the league.  I can't believe the time he has in the pocket when I watch some of those games. 

Great points. Remember,  McVay was able to mask Jared Goff for a couple of seasons. Time will tell the true story of Jones. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

I was actually  thinking about this last night during the SNF game.

You have two guys (Allen and Jackson) you can build a franchise around, one decent QB (Mayfield), and two busts in Rosen and Darnold.

The 2018 qb draft is turning out about as expected imo, in terms of legit star players.

Drafting qb's has always been a crapshoot, but it would be highly unusual for more than 2 franchise guys to come out of a single draft. There's only been a handful of great years (ex 1983, 2004) that have produced more.

It's just like this past year where 5 guys were drafted in the 1st. More time is obviously needed for things to shake out, but I would be surprised if any more than 2 turn out to be difference-makers.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

People overate every draft class of QBs 

Yea that’s true…it’s really more about how you respond once defensive coordinators learn your tendencies than instant success anyway. If Mac finishes the season strong he could be the real deal. I can’t shake the feeling that they are the 2020 Miami dolphins but they could certainly prove me wrong (I hope they don’t 😂) tua was managing the games well and their defense was coming up with huge turnovers left and right. two bills drive was in a constant state of panic right around this time of the year much like we are now lol then they had a huge game against us with a trip to the playoffs on the line and we absolutely obliterated them so badly that their fans still complain we ran up the score 

• Like (+1) 1

I hope Mac Jones gets rattled early and we build a lead and then his simple timing routes all go awry. The kid throws a very timing based offense and some of those throws he tossed over the middle against the weak Titans secondary would have been easy pick bait by 49,23,21. I see this being a typical BB dump off to backs game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.