EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

Man can’t wait people talking about the Pats even some on this board hanging 50 on Buffalo on Monday Night.
  I heard the same thing about Ohio State before the Michigan game yesterday…playoffs start a month early this year.

If you’re a Bills player and you know this week that half this fan base as well as the media believe you’re a Pats speed bump to their new coronation you line up and show the nation who runs the AFC East. 

1 hour ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Na it's 2.5 now, been 2.5 for a while

Lol, bills havent beaten anyone of note so can't say anything about that. 

So what do you think 38-10 Pats? 

13 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

With Brian Daboll bringing in the NE playbook this is exactly how I'd hoped the Bills would run their offense in 2018. Look how quickly Jones has developed in that scheme...just like Brady. Continue the development and evolution an you possibly have another Brady...only in Buffalo.

Now, Allen has developed quite well. But, alas, I put that more on his own fierce work ethic and determination over the OC who used to bellow at him on the sidelines. 

This season has shown that the current OC has his flaws in not being able to counter that cover 2 shell scheme quicker then midway through the season. The Bills are just lucky that Allen is so big, tough and not a Baker Mayfield or he would have probably been done for the season games ago...if he would have even made it this far from 2018. 

I'm very happy the Bills stepped up with that quick passing game along with play action against the Saints. Although, that was against the #10 NO defense and Saints team loaded with injuries.

The Patriots are currently fielding the #1 defense in points allowed, #6 in passing yards allowed. #2 in passing TDs allowed and this with not playing the injury riddled Titans.

Hopefully, this extra time off will allow the Buffalo coaches to put together a game plan to shutdown that Pats rookie QB or rattle him... 🤞  

Daboll is no McDaniels.  For all the well deserved praise that Belichick gets as being a great coach, I think people over look how great of a offensive coordinator McDaniels is.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Man can’t wait people talking about the Pats even some on this board hanging 50 on Buffalo on Monday Night.
  I heard the same thing about Ohio State before the Michigan game yesterday…playoffs start a month early this year.

If you’re a Bills player and you know this week that half this fan base as well as the media believe you’re a Pats speed bump to their new coronation you line up and show the nation who runs the AFC East. 

Right score. Wrong team.

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

JA17 and SD14 will have to put pats where they belong- underneath us. We need their competitive fire big time for this game

Every time I watch a team play the Pats, they play a little scared.  There is a distinct mental edge at this point.

I even saw it w/ Brady when he went against them.

Play them like any other team, and the Bills should win.

23 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

No prediction yet but I would take the pats +3.5

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So I am moving house next Monday and my cable TV won't be up and running until the Wednesday nor my wifi until the Tuesday. My mother is coming down to see the new house on the Monday so I am leaving her "house sitting" for the first night and spending the Monday night at my partner's to watch the game. 

I then need to be back at the new place for 10am UK time to meet a building contractor who is quoting for some refurbishment work. We better not lose. I will be very ***** grumpy. 

Put a bunch of money on the Patriots and the points. That is what I like to do  when I know a Bills loss when they are favorites would ruin my week. It is a small consolation prize.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Bellichick weirdly played a lot of man against us last year, and Diggs abused Jackson. I would think they are going to play a ton of the high 2 shell zone this time around. The Bills haven’t done very well against that D. 

He always plays man. That’s their defense. 

Well this may sound silly but I’m a big “odds” sort of guy. The longer a win streak in the NFL lasts the greater the odds that it gets broken. Pats are more than due. 

Team that up with this being in Orchard park against a solid buffalo squad that will be getting back a couple of key men in both trenches and I’m taking us. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Put a bunch of money on the Patriots and the points. That is what I like to do  when I know a Bills loss when they are favorites would ruin my week. It is a small consolation prize.

Have to go large too.  None of the petty little 5k bets.  10k or more.

8 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I was thinking along these lines today after all my bets ***** the bed. I don't bet on or against the Bills, but I may make an exception if they ever reach the superbowl. I'm trying to determine what the right number would be to handle another SB loss. Im thinking upwards of 3K.

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

No prediction yet but I would take the pats +3.5

Is there a game you haven’t taken the pats this year? 

36 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Hey why don’t you show us all how it’s done and lay 5Gs on the Pats 

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Glad to see the Pats turned over the Titans. The media will be fighting over Mac's schlong this week and predicting a comfortable win against the Bills.

The Bills can make a statement now by beating these guys. If they get beat up by this Pats team then they don't deserve to win the division and I'll have no complaints.

Living in Maine I always say loud and proud as a Bill's fan we've never had to cheat.  Right now New England fans are wrapped themselves up in a blanket that aside from every team cheating, it's fake news, that being fined, and penalized was unfair.  And, that bringing it up is just an excuse, considering they had to cheat against us in the drought era, and honestly how much better would they've been in the eyes of others if they hadn't cheated.  New England will always be a ketchup stained team on a three thousand dollar blazer.  

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

This game will come down to which side the refs want to win.

Yup, officiating for New England has always favored them for the longest time, NFL management in Goodell has been favoring Krafts, since the two attended Saturday services together, and since their friendship over the span of the years.  How deceptive it was but then again considering how Kraft is with snake heads, Tongs, and Traids... would say that went on even while he was with Myra.  Dude, can never get out of wanting to play it off in the mirrors as a drunken crime lord from Detroit who owns a New England franchise.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

The Bills are playing at home.  Games like this require discipline and good overall execution.  Pats are flying high after a few wins against subpar teams.  That’s fine.  As long as the Bills don’t beat themselves…. I like their chances.   A hostile environment for the visitor is a must. For all of you lucky enough to be at the game (I’m in Los Angeles)… make this punk rookie feel the noise and introduce him to the Bills properly.  

Sean.. you better have this D amped and ready to play.  The Bills are the favorite here.  It about time that they and we (the fan base) started acting like it.  This team needs to send a clear message to the rest of the league that they are not to be f***** with.

GO BILLS!!!  

And I would love to see McDermott disguise the blitz, and bring a extra guy or pull out at the last moment. Do something to confuse the rookie, with the crowd noise and big Monday night game. The rookie will be nervous don’t let him settle in with those 6 yards passes up and down the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Different year and much different team(s) for one the pats have a pass rush, another is I think they double Diggs all night and out Jackson on your #2 WR.  Oh and round 1 was against our former top CB not Jackson.. unless he was out injured already. 

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Well this may sound silly but I’m a big “odds” sort of guy. The longer a win streak in the NFL lasts the greater the odds that it gets broken. Pats are more than due. 

Team that up with this being in Orchard park against a solid buffalo squad that will be getting back a couple of key men in both trenches and I’m taking us. 

I am a huge Bills fan and am pumped for this game (and think we'll win despite my PTSD) but think your logic about streaks is flawed.  It's the classic "gambler's fallacy" to think that if, e.g., I flip 5 heads in a row I'm more likely to flip tails on the 6th flip.  If we also assume for ease of discussion that every Pats* game were a coin flip, winning 6 in a row is (1/2)^6 likely = 1/64 or less than 2%.  But each of those games, and the 7th game, is still only 50/50 by assumption.  It's only when we look back at the streak that we can say, wow, winning 6 in a row is pretty unlikely!!  Of course, if the Pats were more than 50/50 to win some of those games, the chances of winning 6 in a row is more than ~2%.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

JA17 and SD14 will have to put pats where they belong- underneath us. We need their competitive fire big time for this game

I agree this is one game I hope they take it personal just like the Chiefs game , you could tell from the time Bills took the field that we came to play/win , I want to see the same energy this Monday night !!! 
GO BILLS BABY WE GONNA BEAT THEM LIKE A FU@&ING DRUM 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.