EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Key question:

Do we get Star and Spencer Brown back? Both are critically important 

This is where the long break now helps us, especially if one or both had COVID--with symptoms. Extra time to recover and get back to full strength. The extra time is now a plus.

2 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

They have good TE and we struggle covering middle of field.

Bills have been good against TEs this season. And I think both of The NE TEs are hurt. Not sure how long they could be out. 

This is just FF stuff, but the Bills rank well in points given up to TEs. 
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/fantasy-points-against-TE.htm

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'll be there. Unfortunately, the Bills are approximately 6-19 with me in attendance.

Will be there as well and was just thinking the same thing.  Don't want to walk back to the parking lot after a loss anymore!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

If the old adage still holds true and you get 3 points just for playing at home, the Bills need to view this as a slap in the face.

Neutral field and the the Bills would be .5 against a rookie QB? Insult. I know the Pats D is good. So is ours. Our offense is better and a Monday night game in OP against the Pats basically for the division lead? Place will be unhinged. This will be the most hostile environment Mac has played in. 

The most hostile place he has played in… in the NFL.  Trust me the kids from Alabama he seen more hostile crowds.  Again the Pats will RUN the ball a lot.. 2nd and 15 assume pass .. Stevenson gets the ball..

3 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

How many times have we played the pats where they were established and we had the young upstart QB we hoped would defeat them. And then Bill would blitz that guy into oblivion. We need to return the favor. 

Sound plan. Unfortunately our Blitz packages rarely get home most times. Leaving Jones on 1-1 situations with our current DBs will present a problem. He maybe a rookie but he's accurate and poised enough to find the hot receivers. Better to keep him dinking and dunking and hope we can get to him with our front 4.

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The most hostile place he has played in… in the NFL.  Trust me the kids from Alabama he seen more hostile crowds.  Again the Pats will RUN the ball a lot.. 2nd and 15 assume pass .. Stevenson gets the ball..

I actually like Stevenson. Kid runs well. As far as the Pats running...their 2 main backs seem to be banged up. And they are heading into what should be a very physical game with the Titans tomorrow. Let's see how they are coming out of that one. Best thing about this Pats/Titans game is no matter the outcome it will be a win for Buffalo. Wishing your team well tomorrow. Except Steve Belichick. That dude's just weird...lol

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Like (+1) 1

If the old adage still holds true and you get 3 points just for playing at home, the Bills need to view this as a slap in the face.

Neutral field and the the Bills would be .5 against a rookie QB? Insult. I know the Pats D is good. So is ours. Our offense is better and a Monday night game in OP against the Pats basically for the division lead? Place will be unhinged. This will be the most hostile environment Mac has played in. 

I know Bills fans would love to think that a "hostile environment" counts for something, but honestly, it doesn't.

For the last 3 years now, there has been no such thing as "home field advantage" in the NFL.

If our game plan relies on crowd noise to beat Belichick, we're screwed.

And what minimal advantage it may give the team will be easily counterbalanced by the inherent coaching advantage New England will enjoy.

Gonna be a tough, hard game.

9 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Sound plan. Unfortunately our Blitz packages rarely get home most times. Leaving Jones on 1-1 situations with our current DBs will present a problem. He maybe a rookie but he's accurate and poised enough to find the hot receivers. Better to keep him dinking and dunking and hope we can get to him with our front 4.

With Tre out and a weakened defensive backfield, and our pass rush, I would think the last thing in the world we'd want to do is a lot of blitzing.

It won't happen.

• Agree 1

Home teams have a losing record this year and I think Vegas has started to give fewer automatic points to the home team. 

8 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I actually like Stevenson. Kid runs well. As far as the Pats running...their 2 main backs seem to be banged up. And they are heading into what should be a very physical game with the Titans tomorrow. Let's see how they are coming out of that one. Best thing about this Pats/Titans game is no matter the outcome it will be a win for Buffalo. Wishing your team well tomorrow. Except Steve Belichick. That dude's just weird...lol

Hey Steve is great for a laugh whenever they go to him! The faces he makes are hilarious… mind you I don’t think either him or Mayo are calling D plays anymore I think BB is doing that. 

Also isn’t everyone a bit banged up at this point I think BB puts everyone down even if it’s super minor.. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.