EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

1 minute ago, Success said:

I mean, you're just mailing it in at this point.

I really would love to see the Bills win this game and do so in a convincing manner but my gut feeling tells me it's going to be very ugly....possibly much worse than the Colts if that's even possible especially since Belichik doesn't have to make this offense one dimensional because it already is.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

I really would love to see the Bills win this game and do so in a convincing manner but my gut feeling tells me it's going to be very ugly....possibly much worse than the Colts if that's even possible especially since Belichik doesn't have to make this offense one dimensional because it already is.

I think its going to be a very close game. One score throughout the entire game. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Hope this is some sort of Belichek 4D chess type of move because if not that perhaps these guys are truly still feeling the adverse effects of covid and could go the way of Dawkins, which means there of no use putting them on the field anyway.

Hopefully Star being in better shape than he looked previous years helps? I don't really know how it works. 

7 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Reading a defense is the number 1 tool for a qb…that’s how a 400 year old Phil rivers almost beat us in that playoff game lol that’s why guys like Trent edwards can have a good start to their career and then get completely shut down. Mac having a couple good games early in his career really isn’t proof of anything yet.   You say he doesn’t try to do too much but a team will force him to have to do what you call too much…whether it’s us on Monday night or someone in the playoffs. We don’t really know how that will go but we’ve seen guys like baker mayfield and tannehill struggle mightily when they don’t have the running game to lean on.

I would also argue this is the first game that josh probably won’t need his cape with Spencer brown and Feliciano returning. it’s not like we haven’t seen a tough front 7 this season and we’ve seen quite a few formidable ones with multiple offensive line injuries.  Pats aren’t exactly strong in the secondary either so there’s quite a few exploitable matchups in the passing game.  The doom around here is kind of fascinating…maybe we lose to the patriots who knows but we are objectively fielding a much more competitive team on Monday than we’ve had most of the season even without tre.  I think the pats on the other hand have been playing very close to their ceiling and they look good because they’re blowing out bad teams.  They really don’t have a statement win to me they’ve just been smart with the football and avoided any unexpected losses. Titans minus Henry, Julio jones, and aj brown and the browns missing hunt,Chubb, some olinemen, and baker playing with a torn labrum are nowhere remotely  close to good teams I’d say… those are kind of in the same ballpark as our win over New Orleans.  Maybe if we didn’t go down to kc and spank the chiefs the last time we were this healthy I’d be a little more nervous but I think the pressure is on the pats/Mac jones playing a huge game in primetime here 

Fair points. For sure it's way too early to crown Jones the next Brady. However, right now he is effective in the Pats system. Winning six games in a row is an impressive feat despite who they have played. There's lots of talk about Jones and the offense but it's their defense that's formidable. They present a huge problem for the Bills. Make no mistake about that Belicheat will have an awesome game plan to stop the Bills. Imho, Allen will have to be great for the Bills to win. An average Allen won't beat the Pats. How effective will Brown and Feliciano be coming back? Even healthy I'm not convinced the Bills Oline can establish a decent run game or protect Allen. 

Lastly, the pressure isn't on the Pats. All the pressure is on the Bills. They are at home and the resounding pre favorites to win the division and a great chance to play in the super bowl. The Pats are playing with house money.

This game should tell us If he Bills are pretenders or contenders. 

1 minute ago, Billschinatown said:

Hopefully Star being in better shape than he looked previous years helps? I don't really know how it works. 

It really depends on how the virus affected them especially not being vaxxed. For some it's just a mild cold/no real symptoms and others it's very brutal especially on the cardiovascular front and breathing (i.e. Dawkins). So if it's the latter and McDermott is being straightforward that obviously these guys aren't playing on Monday or anytime soon for that matter.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It really depends on how the virus affected them especially not being vaxxed. For some it's just a mild cold/no real symptoms and others it's very brutal especially on the cardiovascular front and breathing (i.e. Dawkins). So if it's the latter and McDermott is being straightforward that obviously these guys aren't playing on Monday or anytime soon for that matter.

Glad you're doing OK! I hope they can go......Monday is big. 

12 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yup.  Reminds me of his praise of Herbert.

Herbert in that game:  229 yards, 2 TD's, 2 INT's, 51.9% completion percentage, 66.7 passing rating.

If Josh somehow replicates or comes close to his performance last year @Pats on MNF against a depleted defense this game he should silence the few doubters still left out there.  

Not a shot at you Doc, but this whole Belichick praise thing is so stupid to me. Every year we go through this. Do the players sit around thinking “he likes me!” to lull them into a false sense of accomplishment?
excited woot woot GIF

Yeah, he is a great coach. Highly accomplished. Great. Who gives a f*** what he thinks about Josh? Josh, the Bills, or the fan base doesn’t need his validation or approval. He can piss off with that. 

Not My Dad Twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

1 hour ago, finn said:

Imagine him behind the Pats' line and running the same safe, "game-manager" offense, with a strong running game. He would be completing like 90% of his passes (and of course chomping at the bit). Funny you hear so little intelligent analysis among the most prominent "experts." The facts they don't see or ignore are pretty plain: Allen is a generation talent playing behind a line that's mediocre when healthy, abysmal when not, and yet he's excelling. It's like Barry Sanders all over again. 

Does that make Mac Jones the Emmitt Smith in this scenario?

15 minutes ago, Billschinatown said:

He said they are both trending in the right direction but haven’t practiced yet so couldn’t confirm they will play. Pretty typical 

16 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Great.  Now we're screwed again.  This will they play or won't they play is killin me.  😉

Today is the first practice and he hasn’t seen them yet  - not sure what you expect him to say?

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He said they are both trending in the right direction but haven’t practiced yet so couldn’t confirm they will play. Pretty typical 

Today is the first practice and he hasn’t seen them yet  - not sure what you expect him to say?

i think i read @FilthyBeast was concerned they may not see another snap this year.... or forever for that matter.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I see that Belichik was heaping on the praise of Allen this week....that means he's salivating over Allen being a turnover machine in recent weeks going up against their defense.

Really hope we don't fall behind by 14+ points early or things will truly get out of hand quickly in this one.

Who do you think has a better chance of climbing out of 14+ points deficit ? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.