EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

6 minutes ago, buffalonian said:

Bills lead the league over the past four weeks in turnovers (11).  This, more than anything, has to change for the remainder of the season.  

This is it, more than anything. Pats defense is very opportunistic and very good at picking off passes and forcing fumbles. Can't let them steal any possessions, can't give them free points.

6 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

You have to include the losses vs the Steelers, Jags, and Colts.   Do you think Belichick won't learn from what they did to slow down our offense?

I have been a life long Bills fan going back to the Jack Kemp Era.  I want a win on Monday as bad as anyone. I am just being realistic.  We are going to have a real struggle vs New England.   We had better bring our A+++ game.  At least Star, Brown, and Feliciano are back to practice.

Ok but you listed the Titans as a team that slowed our offense down.  They didn't.  I was correcting you.

29 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

She wasn’t talking about rookie QB’s only…….she was talking about all the young QBs…..Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson etc.

Yea I doubt that. I think she ate too many pierogies.

Edited by TBBills

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Is that true that the Saints ran a lot of cover 2 against us? I thought they mostly played man— but certainly could be wrong. 

I was at this game live and from what I can tell they ran it a lotI was at this game live and from what I can tell they ran it a lot

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Do they really, though?

It's funny how last year when we ripped off a string of wins tons of people (even some here) liked to point out they we didn't beat anyone that was any good. Seems fitting to play that same game with the Pats here. Lets see what they have done over the least 6 weeks.

Jets: They hung 54 on a very bad Jet team. This was also the start of the Jets "Mike White Era" as the Jets lost Wilson early.

Chargers: This was a good win at the time, however we have seen Herbert take a sizable step back this year. Still, the only win I'd call solid in their streak.

Panthers: Sam Darnold started. Shouldn't need any further comment.

Browns: No Chubb or Hunt for this game. Mayfield is playing this year with 1 arm. Case Keenum closed out the game.

Falcons: Again, played a team without their biggest offensive weapon in Patterson. Allowed them to focus on Pitts. 

Titans: No Henry, No Jones, No Brown. 3rd straight game of catching a team shorthanded.

To their credit the Pats still lined up and won their games. No let down. But aside from PERHAPS the Chargers game I'm not impressed by any of their wins in this streak. Their other 2 wins this season? A 2nd one over the Jets and a win over the Texans (that was very close to a loss with Davis Mills at QB).

They have lost to the Dolphins, Saints, Bucs and Cowboys. We are better that 3 of those teams and not that far off from the Bucs this year.

I am THANKFUL the Pats ripped off his win streak. Their fanbase is getting very smug again.  Monday night in Buffalo they get a very small sample of what we went through various times for 20 years where we thought we had something and watched the Patriots rip that to shreads. Buffalo wins this one and it's not even going to be close.

Man I hope your right, I no NE is going to be around for awhile and it’s probably going to be us and them fighting for the division. But not this year with a rookie QB if McDermott let’s BB come in our house and beat us with a rookie on Monday night football I might look at him a little different. Do what ever it takes win this game, and if our Dline let’s NE push them around for this important game someone’s fired. Looking at you Leslie Frasier time to get this D pumped and ready to go. After this season someone needs to be held accountable for this defense getting bullied, and it’s every year and we just run it back 🤔

6 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Man I hope your right, I no NE is going to be around for awhile and it’s probably going to be us and them fighting for the division. But not this year with a rookie QB if McDermott let’s BB come in our house and beat us with a rookie on Monday night football I might look at him a little different. Do what ever it takes win this game, and if our Dline let’s NE push them around for this important game someone’s fired. Looking at you Leslie Frasier time to get this D pumped and ready to go. After this season someone needs to be held accountable for this defense getting bullied, and it’s every year and we just run it back 🤔

If anything this year NEEDS to serve as an alarm for Brandon Beane. It's time to sink some real money into that offensive line. For what we resigned Williams, Feliciano, Hart and Lamp to in the off season we very well could have had 2 above average to solid starters. 

Enough with guy we draft that have to ait and learn. Brown seems to be doing well but Doyle, Anderson (gone now)....these guys were never helping this year anyway. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

That segment was just AWFUL. That crew has really disappointed me through the last couple of weeks. They are generally really even keeled on the coverage of matchups and teams. They've gone completely off the reservation over the Pats.... That was supposed to be a "preview" segment on the matchup and it was literally 5 minutes of why the pats are so good and then..... oh ya, there might be another team in that game as well. Its the bills, but they sorta suck.

What a change in stance from Bills fans. Just last year they loved GMF and Kay due to the love the gave the Bills. 

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

How was their game plan vs Pitt on opening day?  Jags? Colts? I think this season has been one of the weakest coaching performance from McDermott and company. That's coming from a big McDermott fan. There's been clear instances where he's been out coached and his team wasn't ready to play. His halftime adjustments which are usually solid have been suspect at best. So your sarcasm falls short here...

I would take it a little further and say there’s been 0 halftime adjustments. That jags game says enough about that 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

If anything this year NEEDS to serve as an alarm for Brandon Beane. It's time to sink some real money into that offensive line. For what we resigned Williams, Feliciano, Hart and Lamp to in the off season we very well could have had 2 above average to solid starters. 

Enough with guy we draft that have to ait and learn. Brown seems to be doing well but Doyle, Anderson (gone now)....these guys were never helping this year anyway. 

To be fair, I think Beane figured that re-signing Williams and Feliciano WAS "sinking some real money into the offensive line" in a productive way. Williams was very good at right tackle last year. Feliciano was just average. Nevertheless, with these two on board last year, the Bills offense was lights out. 

I certainly don't think Beane expected Williams' play to drop off so drastically or for Feliciano to report to camp 20 lbs lighter without consulting the training staff about it.

I, too, wish they had addressed the guard positions in a more meaningful way -- specifically, with draft picks. Many on these forums wish the same thing. Still, some of the drop-off in level of o-line play (Williams, Feliciano) was difficult to foresee, and it's not as if they haven't made an effort at all. 

All of that said, I hope they pour serious draft capital and/or free agency dollars into the interior o-line this offseason. The tackle and center spots are fine, but they need to do everything in their power to improve at guard. Enough of this "throw mediocre players at a wall and see what sticks" strategy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

What a change in stance from Bills fans. Just last year they loved GMF and Kay due to the love the gave the Bills. 

I dont need that. Its become my morning go-to based on even and fair coverage over the years with some good entertainment mixed in. The last couple weeks from them and every other outlet has been downright silly.

Their breakdown of the matchup this morning was embarrassing. It was literally 5 minutes of all the the things the Pats can do well and how the Bills(when they actually took 10 seconds to mention them) stand no shot because they suck at running the football. And it ended with Schrager chiming in that the Pats could run the division again for 20 more years.  it was ridiculous. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, 97bills said:

I would take it a little further and say there’s been 0 halftime adjustments. That jags game says enough about that 

While it's more than fair to be critical of the Bills' coaches this year, I disagree with this statement.

The second Dolphins game and the Saints game stand out as games where halftime adjustments were clearly made, and were effective. 

They have been outcoached and out-schemed at times this year, I won't deny that. But they're not suddenly terrible, and they don't "make zero halftime adjustments". For all the hand wringing on here, the offense and defense are still above average in most categories, and the Bills are still 7-4 (not 2-9, like one would think based on some of the comments around here).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I am honestly a person of faith.  It is part of who I am and how I live my day to day life and interaction with others.

I am also a big proponent of the League's rule changes that helps protect its players.  Everyone said it would kill the league, but it is as good as ever and should keep going in that direction with player safety and hitting and tackling.

With that said, after just a few weeks of the Pats playing well am I the only one that would take great pleasure in seeing Mac Jones' head separated from his body on Monday?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Can’t say I disagree with the money coming in on the Patriots… but they are more than due for a loss.

I'm confused. If the line went fr Bills -3.5/3.0 to -2.5, that means an edge in $ coming in for Bills.

The point drop is to induce $ for the Pats*.

The goal is to have even money, and pocket the vig.

Or am I having a flashback from my many Bufo Alvarius trips? Dig it bro.

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Not that it’s the end all, be all, but I doubt Belichick has a plan to make sure Spencer Brown doesn’t play.  

Our splits with him, and without him, are dramatic… and in the three games you just listed, he didn’t play.  

Good point.  I hope Brown can make make that much of a difference. 

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

All of that said, I hope they pour serious draft capital and/or free agency dollars into the interior o-line this offseason. The tackle and center spots are fine, but they need to do everything in their power to improve at guard. Enough of this "throw mediocre players at a wall and see what sticks" strategy.

This. And I've said it a million times, but they've got to figure how they want to run the ball most of the time.  You don't have to be all zone or all power or all pass protection, but you've got to have some kind of identity. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.