EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

Just now, Ghost_002! said:

You know what ends all that if it bothers you that much.....win a SB, plan n simple. That's not a diss, since me posting here is being looked at "trolling" for some reason. It's just saying....you as a fan want your team to get the benefit of the doubt. Win a superbowl. Media will endlessly gush over the bills too....

IMO Bills are still looked at a SB contender (and it's true). I haven't heard nobody say otherwise. Nobody in the NFL is dominating right now. 

Ours won’t have an asterisk

• Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lmao Pats used the dis card for 30 years lol

ha ha i know. The local sports shows hates when they do it too. I think all fan base do it...."they are disrespecting us" 

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Ours won’t have an asterisk

Ok.

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

ha ha i know. The local sports shows hates when they do it too. I think all fan base do it...."they are disrespecting us" 

Ok.

No dude the Pats used it even the last time they won the SB. I remember Brady after beating Mahomes saying “Ya not bad for washed up team”.  Any good team will use anything for motivation real or fake.

• Agree 2

The Bills defense struggles the most against well balanced offenses. As much success as the Pas have had recently, they are a running team with a rookie, unathletic quarterback that have an ok passing game.

We will see a lot of effort to stop the run and then there will be a lot of blitzing to confuse McCorkle when he does drop back to throw. McCorkles lack of athleticism will make it easier for the Bills D as both Tannehill and Wentz hurt the Bills at critical moments with their legs when they had everything else covered. Additionally, though the Pats are a good running team they don’t have a singularly great runner which seems to be the type of player our run defense can struggle with. The Pats will try to use screens to slow our blitzing down but the Bills have been pretty good at stopping those. 

I’m not worried about the Pats at all. We may not win but, much like all of our other losses outside of Indy, if we do lose it will be us shooting ourselves in the foot ala the Steelers and Jags game. 

I get being worried because if we do lose it will feel like the division is out of reach. But the Bills are the better team. The Bills D will be good. Protect Josh from Judon as best we can and we will be fine. 23-13 Bills.

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

No dude the Pats used it even the last time they won the SB. I remember Brady after beating Mahomes saying “Ya not bad for washed up team”.  Any good team will use anything for motivation real or fake.

I know, I am not disagreeing with you. Rodney Harrison has done it. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

Of course they are gonna be talking about the pats, they dominated the NFL for 2 decades, Brady left and they had a bad year last year. Now with a rookie QB they are 8-4 a too the AFC east and 2nd in conference. They have a 6 game streak going where they have won by average of 24ppg. Thats a good story and they will talk about it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, uninja said:

If we can play mistake free football and not turn the ball over we got a an easy route to a W. A very depleted titans team had multiple opportunities to put points on the board and got rocked by turnovers, which ultimately put the game out of reach. 

Their offense plays efficient. Don’t give them any free possessions. That is how you win. 

What about bills recent play this season gives you any confidence in their ability to not turn the ball over...

Isnt the pats D the #1 D in the league now?

36 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Of course they are gonna be talking about the pats, they dominated the NFL for 2 decades, Brady left and they had a bad year last year. Now with a rookie QB they are 8-4 a too the AFC east and 2nd in conference. They have a 6 game streak going where they have won by average of 24ppg. Thats a good story and they will talk about it.

A lot better then the Bills story this season. Underwhelming and playing down to their competition.

Im aa big a fan as anyone but if the Pats smoke the bills on Monday Night is it really going go be surprising? And what will that even mean for the entire narative we have all been living the past 3 years....

This team has disappointed me for 23 years so im not expecting much on Monday. You shouldnt either.

The pressure on this bills on Monday night is going to be palpable. NE has no such pressure on them.

But Allen has done well in pressure situations before so maybe thats a + for us?

Edited by BillsFan692

15 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

correction  — 

Buffalo is bringing the top defense and a strong passing game with the run game improving when they featured Brieda   

It sets the tone for the division.  
Put this pup back to just a young kid managing a game.  

they can try.  Only the top 2 RB’s have managed to “run wild“ on Buffalo.

Mc and Cheese Jones will fall see. back to just a tasty but unfulfilling snack.  

We shall see

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Again with the crowd noise and big game? This isn’t a rookie from west Illinois state, this is a QB who won the national title with Alabama and went to extremely loud stadiums. 

Now you may be able to confuse him, but the Bills will have to stop the run first. Because if they don’t they will run it down the Bills throat all game. 

Oh.. now we know.  Thank you for that.  This young man is from Alabama and went to extremely loud stadiums in college.  On behalf of every Bills fan on here.. Touché.

• Haha (+1) 1

The young QB looks very poised and dialed into the Patriots offensive schemes. Their rush game and Oline are solid too. I suspect it will be difficult to sack him because he's going to get rid of the ball quickly. He seems really intelligent and able to make the right reads. 

Lastly, I'm fearful that Allen will not have time to throw. I don't know how the Bills Oline slows down their pass rush.

NE has gone through what looks like a one-year rebuild.  While Jones is fully developed mentally and physically he's never going to evolve into Superman Josh Allen.  But he's ready right out of a big-time college program to efficiently run the offense McDaniels and Belichik want to run.  Once again their offensive line looks solid and the defense is playing extremely well.  They'll come into Monday night and look to do what the Colts recently did against the Bills.  Run the ball, throw out of play action behind the linebackers that bite on it, and on defense pressure the QB and keep Allen in the pocket. stuff the run, and take away the over the top plays.  Its the same blueprint we've seen for a couple decades at the stadium.  There's no secrets here.  Unfortunately, the Bills rarely seem ready for it all.  This time needs to be different.  But for the life of me I can't remember a single game against the Patriots where I felt the Bills offensive line was not a liability of some kind.  As lots of posters have bemoaned its time to stop ignoring the need to upgrade this unit.  These are the tough match-ups that remind us of that issue.  Getting Brown back would be a plus.  And Star on defense.          

The Bills have superior weapons on offense.  When Allen has time they're almost unstoppable.   But on Tuesday morning if the stat sheet says the Bills passed the ball 45+ times you can be sure they came up short on the scoreboard.  They need some effective balance run/pass.  And the empty set is an invitation for disaster here.  In order to win I think NE needs to dominate the line play, for the Bills to win they don't need to dominate the offensive and defensive lines of scrimmage.  The just need to play even.  They need to get creative and generate some pressure on Jones.  My guess is he won't handle it too well.  And of most importance, protect the football and don't kill themselves with penalties.

They'll have 3 extra days of rest and preparation off of the Thanksgiving Day game plus another day because its a Monday night game so no excuses not being prepared.   

• Like (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

NE has gone through what looks like a one-year rebuild.  While Jones is fully developed mentally and physically he's never going to evolve into Superman Josh Allen.  But he's ready right out of a big-time college program to efficiently run the offense McDaniels and Belichik want to run.  Once again their offensive line looks solid and the defense is playing extremely well.  They'll come into Monday night and look to do what the Colts recently did against the Bills.  Run the ball, throw out of play action behind the linebackers that bite on it, and on defense pressure the QB and keep Allen in the pocket. stuff the run, and take away the over the top plays.  Its the same blueprint we've seen for a couple decades at the stadium.  There's no secrets here.  Unfortunately, the Bills rarely seem ready for it all.  This time needs to be different.  But for the life of me I can't remember a single game against the Patriots where I felt the Bills offensive line was not a liability of some kind.  As lots of posters have bemoaned its time to stop ignoring the need to upgrade this unit.  These are the tough match-ups that remind us of that issue.  Getting Brown back would be a plus.  And Star on defense.          

The Bills have superior weapons on offense.  When Allen has time they're almost unstoppable.   But on Tuesday morning if the stat sheet says the Bills passed the ball 45+ times you can be sure they came up short on the scoreboard.  They need some effective balance run/pass.  And the empty set is an invitation for disaster here.  In order to win I think NE needs to dominate the line play, for the Bills to win they don't need to dominate the offensive and defensive lines of scrimmage.  The just need to play even.  They need to get creative and generate some pressure on Jones.  My guess is he won't handle it too well.  And of most importance, protect the football and don't kill themselves with penalties.

They'll have 3 extra days of rest and preparation off of the Thanksgiving Day game plus another day because its a Monday night game so no excuses not being prepared.   

The Colts have arguably the best RB in football so I doubt NE will have the kind of success the Colts did running the ball. The Bills are probably going to sellout to stop the run anyway so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats come out throwing. This is going to be a long week to get to Monday night. The atmosphere will be off the charts insane. We definitely need Brown and Star back for this one. Losing Tre hurts but I think his loss will really show against TB with Brady and those receivers. The Bills secondary should hold up fairly well against Game Manager Jones and the Pats WR's.

Edited by Greg S

42 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Colts have arguably the best RB in football so I doubt NE will have the kind of success the Colts did running the ball. The Bills are probably going to sellout to stop the run anyway so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats come out throwing. This is going to be a long week to get to Monday night. The atmosphere will be off the charts insane. We definitely need Brown and Star back for this one. Losing Tre hurts but I think his loss will really show against TB with Brady and those receivers. The Bills secondary should hold up fairly well against Game Manager Jones and the Pats WR's.

I think the Patriots are better in the trenches. I'm not sure the Bills will be able to stop the Patriots balanced attack. Additionally, I don't see the Bills slowing down the Pats pass rush.

Buffalo has some advantages. Home crowd should help, a superior QB, and a much better receiving core. 

I think this is a field goal game either way. I'd take the Pats +3.5. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Disagree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.