EDIT Now: Whatever Pats or Bills topics you wanna discuss Was: Bills (-3.5) vs. Patriots on MNF

Estro

12 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I watched the Pats vs Falcons game last week, and Mac Jones did not look very good (despite it being a blow out). Felt like almost every pass was within 5 yards of the LOS, and when he did air it out he got picked.

Our defense should put up more of a fight than that.

I haven't gone back to watch any New England "film," but I did see their offense look pedestrian against the Falcons. And aside from gaudy completion percentages, it seems like Mac Jones has mostly been just an efficient game manager, thriving on the QB-friendly, underneath stuff like swings and crossers and slants. (Which, if memory serves, IS how New England's last good QB started his career, just sayin.) 

It's a testament to their coaching (effing gag me) and to Jones's coachability, no doubt.

It's also exactly the kind of offensive attack the Bills defense struggles with: run-heavy with well-timed play-action and easy small-ball passes. 

• Agree 2

Do I think Meh Jones is going to eventually have to do more for his team to win consistently, particularly in the playoffs? Yes, of course. But tip of the cap to him to this point. He’s played well and it’s ok to say that. 

Some folks on here are mocking the short passing game they’ve deployed, but it’s not new for that team. Brady dinked and dunked us for years to great success (and no, I’m not saying Jones is Brady). They’ve typically tried to get it out quickly into their playmakers hands and force the defense to make a tackle. That along with solid running game and defense. And Belly has a case full of trophies and rings to prove it works. Bills need to step up and stake claim to the division with a win. 

• Like (+1) 6

32 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Do I think Meh Jones is going to eventually have to do more for his team to win consistently, particularly in the playoffs? Yes, of course. But tip of the cap to him to this point. He’s played well and it’s ok to say that. 

Some folks on here are mocking the short passing game they’ve deployed, but it’s not new for that team. Brady dinked and dunked us for years to great success (and no, I’m not saying Jones is Brady). They’ve typically tried to get it out quickly into their playmakers hands and force the defense to make a tackle. That along with solid running game and defense. And Belly has a case full of trophies and rings to prove it works. Bills need to step up and stake claim to the division with a win. 

All of this true. But Brady has always been miscast as lacking arm strength or throwing short passes only. The Bills alone were victimized many times by his down the field passing. I would go so far as say that even at 44, Brady has a better arm than Mac.

I just don't see the flat out arm talent in Jones as anywhere near his predecessor's, and that is something that is highly unlikely to change. Doesn't mean the Pats can't be annual contenders with him, though.

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

I watched the Pats vs Falcons game last week, and Mac Jones did not look very good (despite it being a blow out). Felt like almost every pass was within 5 yards of the LOS, and when he did air it out he got picked.

Our defense should put up more of a fight than that.

The concern of course is that the Pats defense keeps our office and check enough for Mac to be able to do this kind of stuff against us if Allen and are all fans can score points we will win

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TheProcess said:

With Brian Daboll bringing in the NE playbook this is exactly how I'd hoped the Bills would run their offense in 2018. Look how quickly Jones has developed in that scheme...just like Brady. Continue the development and evolution an you possibly have another Brady...only in Buffalo.

Now, Allen has developed quite well. But, alas, I put that more on his own fierce work ethic and determination over the OC who used to bellow at him on the sidelines. 

This season has shown that the current OC has his flaws in not being able to counter that cover 2 shell scheme quicker then midway through the season. The Bills are just lucky that Allen is so big, tough and not a Baker Mayfield or he would have probably been done for the season games ago...if he would have even made it this far from 2018. 

I'm very happy the Bills stepped up with that quick passing game along with play action against the Saints. Although, that was against the #10 NO defense and Saints team loaded with injuries.

The Patriots are currently fielding the #1 defense in points allowed, #6 in passing yards allowed. #2 in passing TDs allowed and this with not playing the injury riddled Titans.

Hopefully, this extra time off will allow the Buffalo coaches to put together a game plan to shutdown that Pats rookie QB or rattle him... 🤞  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I haven't gone back to watch any New England "film," but I did see their offense look pedestrian against the Falcons. And aside from gaudy completion percentages, it seems like Mac Jones has mostly been just an efficient game manager, thriving on the QB-friendly, underneath stuff like swings and crossers and slants. (Which, if memory serves, IS how New England's last good QB started his career, just sayin.) 

It's a testament to their coaching (effing gag me) and to Jones's coachability, no doubt.

It's also exactly the kind of offensive attack the Bills defense struggles with: run-heavy with well-timed play-action and easy small-ball passes. 

We absolutely need all of the knuckleheads back (Feliciano, Brown, and Star).  We need to have our biggest guys out there on defense to shut down their running game.  This game concerns me more now that there are multiple examples of grinding teams ramming it down our throats.  TN was a little deceiving as so many of Henry’s yards were on one play.  Prior to that play we were shutting down Henry.  One has to hope the entire national media basically calling us cream puffs on a minute by minute basis has to piss off enough of our lines.

I’d love to see us use Gilliam and either Breida or Singletary with some heavy 21 personnel (I consider Gilliam more of a FB then a TE).  Force Belichick to bring some guys forward on their defense.

Diggs needs to repeat his big day last year in the second Bills/Pats game.  How much fun would it be to totally embarrass the Pats on the National stage.  OMG, the Nick Wrong’s of the world’s heads would explode.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I watched the Pats vs Falcons game last week, and Mac Jones did not look very good (despite it being a blow out).

I thought he was the second coming of Brady, Brees, and Marino, all rolled into one? If anything negative has been written about that guy in the past few weeks, I haven't read it. The Narrative is taking shape. Once it's established, there's no going back.

NE is bringing in a top defense and a strong run/short passing game.  Bills will have to counter with solid line play, tight coverage and no mistakes.  This game sets the tone for the play off run.  White being out hurts but if they get others healthy and back on the field the Bills will be in good shape.  Looking forward to a good game. 

Hopefully the O plays with the same urgency they did in the second half of the Saints game. The past few games and other times throughout the season they just looked too laid back. 

I think this game will come down to our D. Last year we struggled a lot at times against run and TEs, Pats went out and got two good ones and improved there run game. That’s where they are gonna hit us. 

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

NE is bringing in a top defense and a strong run/short passing game.  Bills will have to counter with solid line play, tight coverage and no mistakes.
This game sets the tone for the play off run.  White being out hurts but if they get others healthy and back on the field the Bills will be in good shape.  Looking forward to a good game. 

correction  — 

Buffalo is bringing the top defense and a strong passing game with the run game improving when they featured Brieda   

It sets the tone for the division.  
Put this pup back to just a young kid managing a game.  

1 minute ago, KCNC said:

NE is going to try and pound the ball on the ground.  If Bills can get a big early lead hopefully they would have to rely on Meh Jones to throw more which is what they want.

they can try.  Only the top 2 RB’s have managed to “run wild“ on Buffalo.

Mc and Cheese Jones will fall back to just a tasty but unfulfilling snack.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

So Jarett Stidham was drafted in the 4th round in 2019 just for the hell of it? Gotcha. Typical delusional Pats fan. Don't you have somewhere else to be other than spewing nonsense on a Bills board?? You and PatsfanNH must lead the most boring lives in the universe. 

I've always thought it is so bizarre so many Cheater fans hang out here - not just the week we play them, but all the time.  I just don't get it.  Has any true Bills fan in history ever hung out on a Cheater board?  It's crazy to me.

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

If Pat win vs Titans that's 6 in a row for them. Don't care who they played, that

makes the Pats the most formidable team in the NFL... hands down.

I hate the Pats but imho they have to be the super bowl favorite in the AFC,

based on coaching and strengths. I still am stunned this has happened in

just one year. Bills have way too many weaknesses to overcome, I just don't

see it ending well. BB plays chess  - Bills play checkers.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Albwan said:

If Pat win vs Titans that's 6 in a row for them. Don't care who they played, that

makes the Pats the most formidable team in the NFL... hands down.

I hate the Pats but imho they have to be the super bowl favorite in the AFC,

based on coaching and strengths. I still am stunned this has happened in

just one year. Bills have way too many weaknesses to overcome, I just don't

see it ending well. BB plays chess  - Bills play checkers.

Funny watching Bills fans already packing it in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.