THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - The Six-game Season Begins

Shaw66

There I was:  settled into the sofa in the customary post-Thanksgiving dinner stupor, having eaten altogether too much just because, well, I was supposed to, surrounded by my family, flipping channels between the final plays of the Cowboys’ overtime loss to the Raiders (it’s always fun to watch the Cowboys lose, even if it meant the Raiders would get the win!) and the beginning of the Bills game.  I awaited the game with trepidation, because the Bills are one of the NFL’s 2021 mystery teams:  they’re winning plenty of games, dominating weak teams but with glaring weaknesses exposed from week to week.  The Bills should be able to handle the Saints, I thought, but they should have been able to handle the the Steelers and the Jags, too. 

Not to worry.  The Bills stomped on the New Orleans Saints Thanksgiving night, rolling to a 31-6 win.   They bounced back from their humiliation against the Colts and put together a solid performance with little time to prepare.  Of course, if you’re going to have a short week, it helps if your opponent is playing without Drew Brees or his replacement (Jameis Winston) or his replacement (Taysom Hill), and without their best skill position players on offense and without several other starters.  It was a favorable matchup, and the Bills took full advantage. 

Once again, the Bills showed that they have a great defense against weak offensive teams.  Once again, the Bills absolutely stifled the opponent, rolling into and through the third quarter having given up only a few dozen yards and no points.  The Saints could do nothing with the ball.  Once again, it was impressive, complementary team defense with everyone contributing.  The Bills defense puts on a show almost like the cast of a Broadway musical, with first one person taking center-stage, then another, then another.   Ed Oliver stood out against the Saints, but Mario Addison brought it too, Matt Milano made some gorgeous tackles, Tremaine Edmunds made plays, then Micah Hyde and Tre’Davious White.   Whosever turn it was stepped up and stopped the Saints.

Once again, the Bills struggled to run the ball, and once again Josh Allen looked great except when he didn’t.  Dion Dawkins made a few frighteningly bad plays.   Still, it all added up to a lot of points against a few points, another lopsided win against another team that’s going nowhere in the league this season. 

That’s not a bad thing, of course, but teams that are going nowhere are, in particular, not going to the playoffs, and winning in the playoffs is what ultimately matters.  In the Saints game, there were plenty of signs that the Bills were improving in areas where they’ve struggled; whether that improvement will carry over against good teams remains to be seen.

The offensive line recovered somewhat from its recent dismal performances.  The Bills did their best to keep Cody Ford off the field, replacing him with Ryan Bates after a series or two, only to have Bates get dinged, giving Ford still another shot.  Still, things went fairly well across the line.  Allen’s protection improved – he still had to make more plays to stay upright and keep the play alive than you’d like in a quality offense, but at least he had time to get set, look downfield and make his first read before finding himself at risk.  And cracks, seams, and even occasional holes opened in the line for the running backs.   Was the line better because the opponent was worse, or was this actual improvement?   Ask me after the Patriots game.

All right, yes I said the run game failed, but in some ways it succeeded admirably. It failed because the Bills couldn’t control the game by rushing the ball.  There were a few nice runs here and there, some excitement from Breida, solid if not spectacular power from Singletary, but strictly in numbers it didn’t add up to a whole lot.  The Bills’ offensive game was about passing. 

However, the run game succeeded in a broader way, and let’s hope it’s a continuing trend.   Simply by committing to and sticking with the run, and even though it wasn’t putting up big numbers, the passing game opened up.  Allen was throwing the ball more freely, finding the right man open and delivering the ball.  Some of that came from the simple fact that the defense knew that it was possible that the Bills would be running.   And not running just anywhere; the Bills attacked outside with speed, and at times they faked outside.   Simply the threat of a ground game changed the passing game.  .

Allen and the receivers took full advantage, exploiting openings all around the field.  By and large, Allen knew where the play should go and got the ball there.  He did it calmly and efficiently.  The receivers executed; all of them.  Nice catches from Sanders, Beasley, Davis, Singletary, Knox.   It really was an excellent passing game. 

The communication and precision of Allen and Diggs is a treat.  We saw it last season, but they’ve taken it to another level.  There have been plenty of great passer-receiver combinations, and these two haven’t been together long enough to approach the records, but Allen and Diggs already are doing some special things.  People used to talk about Manning and Harrison and how they knew each other; what we’re seeing already is in that league.  Diggs runs absolutely exquisite routes, precise, lightning quick and creative, and on cue Allen delivers a gift-wrapped catchable ball right where they both expect it to be.  Then Diggs’s eye-hand coordination takes over, and the chains move.

We saw it on the touchdown pass, where Diggs drove Lattimore so hard to the inside that when he broke out, Diggs was alone.   And here comes the gift, and Diggs has it.   They do it on tight-window in-cuts and out-cuts, Diggs cracks an opening for Allen to throw into, and Allen puts it there.  It’s special stuff we’re watching.

And although they’re not on the same level, Allen to Beasley, and to Sanders, and to Knox, and to Singletary all are important connections.  They’re all making each other better.  Knox is now more of an integral part of the receiving unit, and separate and meaningful threat, and that makes all the others better.  He doesn’t have to play like Kelce to be a meaningful threat.  He just has to be a threat, and this season he’s shown that’s what he is. 

We’re also watching the story of Josh Allen unfold before us.  Whether he continues to improve and become a true all-time great, or whether he’ll plateau and be just really good in a QB-friendly era, is the story that will be told in the next few years. 

On Thursday night, Drew Brees demonstrated the story of Allen’s development very simply.   He dissected Allen’s decision-making on the second interception, when a score would have made the Bills more comfortable at the half.  To Brees, it was a very straight-forward proposition:  Just get five yards on this play, call time out, take a couple of shots, and get the TD or field goal.  Allen looked downfield, his first option wasn’t there.  Sanders was the relief valve there, and Allen should have taken the simple choice.  Instead he waited, hoping for more, then was left with a low-probability throw.  Then he compounded the mistake, because although Allen can complete passes like that, the risk is simply too great.  Throw it away and try something on third down.  A great QB, particularly Brees, has the patience to take what he can on this play and move on the next.  Allen has to see both mistakes and develop the patience and discipline to make the easy play, the smart play.

The Bills are evolving into the team they will be.  The season is progressing.  Edmunds is back.  Feliciano and Brown will be back, which means the offensive line will be getting reconfigured in one or more ways.  Breida may be growing into a bigger role.  Stevenson’s tryout for McKenzie’s job gets mixed reviews – he looks more explosive than McKenzie, perhaps has elite quickness, but he put the ball on the ground once, and you have to wonder if he can survive the pounding.  Nobody can replace White, of course, but McDermott and Frazier will reshape the secondary to respond to the loss.  Every team has injuries – White is the Bills’ Derrick Henry.  The defense will be weaker; can the Bills’ offense occupy the ball longer and control games for stretches?  Well, maybe some combination of Feliciano and Brown and Breida will change the character of this team’s game, maybe Knox will become a household name in December. Maybe Stevenson becomes a gadget sensation.  Maybe Allen will go on a run, the kind of run that fans remember for decades, the kind of run that become part of the myth of the truly great. Or maybe not.

It’s a story to be told. Beginning next week.

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 17
  • Awesome! (+1) 15
  • Thank you (+1) 8

Well written as always!

You're right: this is the time to shine or ready the golf clubs. But, I finally got a chance to watch the Colts game (I was out of town). What I came away with was sometimes bad luck and penalties are contagious. But, there were still flashes of brilliance and this team DOES have talent. We are TOO good to be compared to the drought era teams. This is a team that has true superstars - we are just missing a few components: more consistent OL (Dawkins is now a liability; Brown is a necessity); another elite cornerback (this is especially true now with Tre going down); stud running back

The test will be in the spotlight again against the evil empire. Let's smack them in the face and go on and win the division!!

The Allen-Knox combination success cannot be down played for this team.  Allen truly missed Knox in the Jacksonville game and when he came back in the Colts game, he had too many drops.   When Knox is on fire,  they will be unstoppable and it makes it easier on the other WRs.    Beane needs to lock up Knox before he becomes too expensive.   And if Knox can work on his blocking, we will have our first premier TE ever (that include Pete) who can play like a Kelce. 

In hindsight, I think the Bills offense is the bigger culprit for the letdowns and need to shoulder this team moving forward.  Our defense will get pushed around against power offense.  It is a finesse defense.   Our offense with a franchise QB needs to take us to bigger things.   This one is all on Allen and Daboll.  

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

GO BILLS!!!

Thank you Shaw66.  This is a perfect, non cynical yet grounded insight into where The Bills stand at this moment in the season.  My bread crumbs back to Bills fan sanity has often been the reminder that this is a continuing story, one in which nobody, even the lead characters knows the plot until it unfolds.  It's reality TV that doesn't suck!  

In a season with an excess of highs and lows just 11 games in, what a great look you've offered at where this team stands.  The Tre White plot twist is the unexpected turn that we were not ready to take in.  But the Bills themselves... well they have to to be ready and they have to act.  You captured the situation perfectly in calling out the staff's need to reshape and respond.  I think this has been an ongoing theme for much of this year anyway.  They have had adjust on the fly to a host of challenges for much of the year.  Welcome to life as a contender, welcome to the NFL BMOC club.  Nothing is going to be easy in that club.  

When I think of the most successful Bills teams over the years, one common theme has been the ability to take a step forward just when disappointment begins to set in, right at that point when I've started to think "meh... this bunch is more ordinary than special".  It happened subtly last year when they broke out of a bit of a funk and blasted Seattle.  And then again after the Arizona spirit crusher.  

In the past, of note, it happened far more slowly, but on a far more permanent basis for the Super Bowl teams.  It was around this point in the season in 1989, after a surprise run the AFCCG in 1988 that The Bills were becoming a big disappointment.  The stifling defense was suddenly showing flashes of inability to stop anyone.  Kelly and the offense seemed frustrated and angry.  High expectations were slipping away and the popular narrative was changing from Super Bowl bound to "same old Bills" and of course, "Bickering Bills".  Anyone here seeing shades of those ghosts lately?  I'm raising my own hand shyly, slowly and maybe with a little Bills shame in the back of my Bills addled brain.

The road back from that funk wasn't quick.  Ironically The Super Bowl era Bills reshaped themselves and then gradually found what would become an iconic identity in a couple of painful losses.  The first being the playoff loss in Cleveland that ended their season in '89.  It was in that game, on the wrong side of the scoreboard in the 4th quarter, that they had no choice but to go full time no huddle.  That game still ended in disappointment, but the incredible no-huddle, K-Gun magic was found in that moment.  And then early on in 1990, they took an absolute beating in an early season game in Miami which prompted Marv Levy to pull the starters with plenty of time remaining.  Levy found a way to challenge that team to look in the mirror and to a man, dig down deeper than they had before.  Over the next few weeks, a few miracle games in which they pulled out unlikely comebacks against Denver and LA Raiders started to forge the resilience and the character needed and they began to steamroll from midseason to become a truly dominant, complete team.  

None of us yet know if we are in a 1989/1990 type of plot twist or maybe something more temporary similar to last season.  Or it could be something completely new.  I don't think we are at a 2008 type of storyline.  Given the state of the roster, there is just too much talent here for that.  This feels a bit more like 1989 to me.  I think some fine tuning here and a few additions here AND there, and good things will be seen down the road.  How far down that road?  I'll keep tuning it to find out.  Go Bills!

Edited by cwater10
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

This feels a bit more like 1989 to me.  I think some fine tuning here and a few additions here AND there, and good things will be seen down the road.

I had the same thought. Remember Kelly blasting House Ballard after his missed block ended up in a shoulder separation? I saw that kind of anger in Allen's face as he jogged off the field after someone--was it Boettger?---blew a block that led to the second interception in the end zone. I can understand his frustration. He's has an elite set of receivers to throw to if the line just gives him time (or so he would think), but he's dodging rushers pretty much on every drop back. It's routine: Take the snap, dodge a rusher, look downfield. Anyway, that's one parallel to 1989. Also the "one or two players away" sense. The defense is (or was, before we lost White), but the line is a mess. Give Allen a line, a one-technique D-lineman and another receiver to replace the aging Beasley and Sanders, and 2022 might just be 1990 all over again. 

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks, as always, Shaw,

You bring up Stevenson. I am not convinced yet. He appears to have more raw speed than McKenzie--which serves better on Kickoff returns. But I would say McKenzie has better twitch quickness, which serves better on punt returns. Stevenson avoided disaster on the punt he muffed, but that could have been brutal. If McKenzie got tabled for his fumble against the Colts, what does Stevenson earn in this? He juggled a few in the preseason as well. I have no more confidence in him than Isaiah. Does McDermott? I guess we'll see.

I would also add, McKenzie has performed well on offense when given the opportunities but he has not had many this season (compared to last year). Does Stevenson bring something there? I'm not convinced, but, again, I guess we'll see.

56 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Thanks, as always, Shaw,

You bring up Stevenson. I am not convinced yet. He appears to have more raw speed than McKenzie--which serves better on Kickoff returns. But I would say McKenzie has better twitch quickness, which serves better on punt returns. Stevenson avoided disaster on the punt he muffed, but that could have been brutal. If McKenzie got tabled for his fumble against the Colts, what does Stevenson earn in this? He juggled a few in the preseason as well. I have no more confidence in him than Isaiah. Does McDermott? I guess we'll see.

I would also add, McKenzie has performed well on offense when given the opportunities but he has not had many this season (compared to last year). Does Stevenson bring something there? I'm not convinced, but, again, I guess we'll see.

I don't disagree.  I wasn't anointing Stevenson.   Mostly I was pointing at that things are changing on this team, and Stevenson for McKenzie may be a permanent change. 

I agree about the fumbling concern.   I'm not convinced Stevenson is an upgrade.   

I don't like McKenzie on offense.  He runs the jet sweep well, but he doesn't catch the ball well.   I think Stevenson will be no worse, and probably a better, deep threat in the passing game, and probably as good in the gadget running game.  So I see potential for an improvement with Stevenson, but I'm not sold yet, not at all. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, ganesh said:

The Allen-Knox combination success cannot be down played for this team.  Allen truly missed Knox in the Jacksonville game and when he came back in the Colts game, he had too many drops.   When Knox is on fire,  they will be unstoppable and it makes it easier on the other WRs.    Beane needs to lock up Knox before he becomes too expensive.   And if Knox can work on his blocking, we will have our first premier TE ever (that include Pete) who can play like a Kelce. 

In hindsight, I think the Bills offense is the bigger culprit for the letdowns and need to shoulder this team moving forward.  Our defense will get pushed around against power offense.  It is a finesse defense.   Our offense with a franchise QB needs to take us to bigger things.   This one is all on Allen and Daboll.  

well, it's also on Bean, the OL has been terrible.  But I agree, JA needs to stop throwing bad INTs like last game regardless of the pressure and Daboll needs to call better plays.  (more balance).  

It's Knox's development that has me most excited this season. This season he's probably one of the 10 best TEs in the NFL.

Lock him up long term. Get Diggs his extension. Lock Davis up the moment we're able to.

If we're able to keep those 3 weapons long term for Allen I think the story of Allen and the Bills long term will be very, very good.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

There I was:  settled into the sofa in the customary post-Thanksgiving dinner stupor, having eaten altogether too much just because, well, I was supposed to, surrounded by my family, flipping channels between the final plays of the Cowboys’ overtime loss to the Raiders (it’s always fun to watch the Cowboys lose, even if it meant the Raiders would get the win!) and the beginning of the Bills game.  I awaited the game with trepidation, because the Bills are one of the NFL’s 2021 mystery teams:  they’re winning plenty of games, dominating weak teams but with glaring weaknesses exposed from week to week.  The Bills should be able to handle the Saints, I thought, but they should have been able to handle the the Steelers and the Jags, too. 

Not to worry.  The Bills stomped on the New Orleans Saints Thanksgiving night, rolling to a 31-6 win.   They bounced back from their humiliation against the Colts and put together a solid performance with little time to prepare.  Of course, if you’re going to have a short week, it helps if your opponent is playing without Drew Brees or his replacement (Jameis Winston) or his replacement (Taysom Hill), and without their best skill position players on offense and without several other starters.  It was a favorable matchup, and the Bills took full advantage. 

Once again, the Bills showed that they have a great defense against weak offensive teams.  Once again, the Bills absolutely stifled the opponent, rolling into and through the third quarter having given up only a few dozen yards and no points.  The Saints could do nothing with the ball.  Once again, it was impressive, complementary team defense with everyone contributing.  The Bills defense puts on a show almost like the cast of a Broadway musical, with first one person taking center-stage, then another, then another.   Ed Oliver stood out against the Saints, but Mario Addison brought it too, Matt Milano made some gorgeous tackles, Tremaine Edmunds made plays, then Micah Hyde and Tre’Davious White.   Whosever turn it was stepped up and stopped the Saints.

Once again, the Bills struggled to run the ball, and once again Josh Allen looked great except when he didn’t.  Dion Dawkins made a few frighteningly bad plays.   Still, it all added up to a lot of points against a few points, another lopsided win against another team that’s going nowhere in the league this season. 

That’s not a bad thing, of course, but teams that are going nowhere are, in particular, not going to the playoffs, and winning in the playoffs is what ultimately matters.  In the Saints game, there were plenty of signs that the Bills were improving in areas where they’ve struggled; whether that improvement will carry over against good teams remains to be seen.

The offensive line recovered somewhat from its recent dismal performances.  The Bills did their best to keep Cody Ford off the field, replacing him with Ryan Bates after a series or two, only to have Bates get dinged, giving Ford still another shot.  Still, things went fairly well across the line.  Allen’s protection improved – he still had to make more plays to stay upright and keep the play alive than you’d like in a quality offense, but at least he had time to get set, look downfield and make his first read before finding himself at risk.  And cracks, seams, and even occasional holes opened in the line for the running backs.   Was the line better because the opponent was worse, or was this actual improvement?   Ask me after the Patriots game.

All right, yes I said the run game failed, but in some ways it succeeded admirably. It failed because the Bills couldn’t control the game by rushing the ball.  There were a few nice runs here and there, some excitement from Breida, solid if not spectacular power from Singletary, but strictly in numbers it didn’t add up to a whole lot.  The Bills’ offensive game was about passing. 

However, the run game succeeded in a broader way, and let’s hope it’s a continuing trend.   Simply by committing to and sticking with the run, and even though it wasn’t putting up big numbers, the passing game opened up.  Allen was throwing the ball more freely, finding the right man open and delivering the ball.  Some of that came from the simple fact that the defense knew that it was possible that the Bills would be running.   And not running just anywhere; the Bills attacked outside with speed, and at times they faked outside.   Simply the threat of a ground game changed the passing game.  .

Allen and the receivers took full advantage, exploiting openings all around the field.  By and large, Allen knew where the play should go and got the ball there.  He did it calmly and efficiently.  The receivers executed; all of them.  Nice catches from Sanders, Beasley, Davis, Singletary, Knox.   It really was an excellent passing game. 

The communication and precision of Allen and Diggs is a treat.  We saw it last season, but they’ve taken it to another level.  There have been plenty of great passer-receiver combinations, and these two haven’t been together long enough to approach the records, but Allen and Diggs already are doing some special things.  People used to talk about Manning and Harrison and how they knew each other; what we’re seeing already is in that league.  Diggs runs absolutely exquisite routes, precise, lightning quick and creative, and on cue Allen delivers a gift-wrapped catchable ball right where they both expect it to be.  Then Diggs’s eye-hand coordination takes over, and the chains move.

We saw it on the touchdown pass, where Diggs drove Lattimore so hard to the inside that when he broke out, Diggs was alone.   And here comes the gift, and Diggs has it.   They do it on tight-window in-cuts and out-cuts, Diggs cracks an opening for Allen to throw into, and Allen puts it there.  It’s special stuff we’re watching.

And although they’re not on the same level, Allen to Beasley, and to Sanders, and to Knox, and to Singletary all are important connections.  They’re all making each other better.  Knox is now more of an integral part of the receiving unit, and separate and meaningful threat, and that makes all the others better.  He doesn’t have to play like Kelce to be a meaningful threat.  He just has to be a threat, and this season he’s shown that’s what he is. 

We’re also watching the story of Josh Allen unfold before us.  Whether he continues to improve and become a true all-time great, or whether he’ll plateau and be just really good in a QB-friendly era, is the story that will be told in the next few years. 

On Thursday night, Drew Brees demonstrated the story of Allen’s development very simply.   He dissected Allen’s decision-making on the second interception, when a score would have made the Bills more comfortable at the half.  To Brees, it was a very straight-forward proposition:  Just get five yards on this play, call time out, take a couple of shots, and get the TD or field goal.  Allen looked downfield, his first option wasn’t there.  Sanders was the relief valve there, and Allen should have taken the simple choice.  Instead he waited, hoping for more, then was left with a low-probability throw.  Then he compounded the mistake, because although Allen can complete passes like that, the risk is simply too great.  Throw it away and try something on third down.  A great QB, particularly Brees, has the patience to take what he can on this play and move on the next.  Allen has to see both mistakes and develop the patience and discipline to make the easy play, the smart play.

The Bills are evolving into the team they will be.  The season is progressing.  Edmunds is back.  Feliciano and Brown will be back, which means the offensive line will be getting reconfigured in one or more ways.  Breida may be growing into a bigger role.  Stevenson’s tryout for McKenzie’s job gets mixed reviews – he looks more explosive than McKenzie, perhaps has elite quickness, but he put the ball on the ground once, and you have to wonder if he can survive the pounding.  Nobody can replace White, of course, but McDermott and Frazier will reshape the secondary to respond to the loss.  Every team has injuries – White is the Bills’ Derrick Henry.  The defense will be weaker; can the Bills’ offense occupy the ball longer and control games for stretches?  Well, maybe some combination of Feliciano and Brown and Breida will change the character of this team’s game, maybe Knox will become a household name in December. Maybe Stevenson becomes a gadget sensation.  Maybe Allen will go on a run, the kind of run that fans remember for decades, the kind of run that become part of the myth of the truly great. Or maybe not.

GO BILLS!!!

Absolutely best , most accurate summary of a game and Significant plays I have read on this board all year !  Really well done. I especially liked your pick up on Brees and his analysis of that second int.  So many other writers, podcasters , refused to accept that was on Allen and just blamed the o line hitting Allens arm.  Brees pointed out Allens biggest flaw this year, he continues to avoid the open short routes and keeps looking for something else , which is exacerbating the line deficiencies.  The ints this year mostly have that problem as Allen holds the ball and the. Delivers late while under pressure and I am concerned why he seems to ignore correcting or coaching on this.  Palmer , on. Another podcast mentioned he was CONCERNED. about Allen regressing this way on several occasions this year.  Of course, the fan boys on here then resulted to name calling Palmer and referring to his lack of long term accomplishments.  They ignore how many QBS seek his advice and training which is a mark of long term career success. 

So, can Allen defeat this tendency to keep holding the ball while our o line struggles? He talks about not “ doing this, or I can’t do thiS” yet he is still not changing his tendency of being late to hot or short open routes and we can’t keep losing the turnover battle. Also, I firmly believe Dawkins is truly showing effects of long Covid as he looks fatigued , lacks quickness , and is making uncharacteristic mental mistakes. He may not fully recover until the season is over , but some hope is many long Covid patients comment on suddenly improving around 9 months.   People forget he almost died from this and it’s reasonable he truly will need all that time and maybe even take the full off season to get back to normal.  I hope Starr recovers totally and is able to play at the great level he has so far; only time will tell and he is so important in stopping the run. I am concerned we lost a level of Talent with TreS loss that is just not  replaceable  and it will open up an extra option for Jones / Pats , and it will really weigh on is against Brady.  We have 11 days for reps and adjustments but it will be a huge challenge and we as a team are getting low,on ability to correct for starter losses. 

I also agree each game now is like a playoff game, especially if we want to have any home playoff games.  Brieda / singletary sssms like a better combo and add hope for the run and opening up the play action.  Great write up and we will see the truth against the Pays at home , followed  by the Bucs game.  Those will really tell us where we actually are as a true SB  contender or have just Let another season needlessly pass by.  Keep up the great posts!   Happy holidays !  

3 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Absolutely best , most accurate summary of a game and Significant plays I have read on this board all year !  Really well done. I especially liked your pick up on Brees and his analysis of that second int.  So many other writers, podcasters , refused to accept that was on Allen and just blamed the o line hitting Allens arm.  

I also agree each game now is like a playoff game, especially if we want to have any home playoff games.  Brieda / singletary sssms like a better combo and add hope for the run and opening up the play action.  Great write up and we will see the truth against the Pays at home , followed  by the Bucs game.  Those will really tell us where we actually are as a true SB  contender or have just Let another season needlessly pass by.  Keep up the great posts!   Happy holidays !  

We win both the games against the Patriots, we will win the division. 

Just great posting in this thread so far. Kudos to Shaw for setting the table as he so often does.

It ain't juicy clickbait, but this is the kind of discourse I log on to read. As one of the many BBMB refugees from years back, I've been enjoying Shaw's posts for some years. (Maybe he two-timed it all those years and TBD folks got to enjoy it, too? I dunno.)

10 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Just great posting in this thread so far. Kudos to Shaw for setting the table as he so often does.

It ain't juicy clickbait, but this is the kind of discourse I log on to read. As one of the many BBMB refugees from years back, I've been enjoying Shaw's posts for some years. (Maybe he two-timed it all those years and TBD folks got to enjoy it, too? I dunno.)

Thanks, RN, I appreciate the compliment. And DrP, too.

I picked up the Hartford Courant this morning and looked at the article about the Patriots.   The theme of the article is that one of Belichick's principal sayings is "the football season doesn't start until after Thanksgiving."  Everything else is prelude.   Six weeks to prove who you are.  

Let's go, Bills!

Oh, and give $27 to the NWLA foodbank to support Tre's work!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.