Dane Jackson a future star

Frez

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/5-things-about-dane-jackson-the-bills-next-man-up-after-tredavious-whites-injury/article_a77bd452-4ef6-11ec-aab9-3f0a8db79f0c.html

Here are five things to know about Buffalo Bills cornerback Dane Jackson, who is the likely replacement for injured All-Pro Tre'Davious White. White is out for the rest of the season.

11 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Or he was not letting himself get beat deep on a double move. For all you know he sniffed out the shot call and let him take the first.

Jackson got beat badly on a double move vs Jax that should have ended the game, but Lawrence overthrew the wide open receiver who had a clear path to the end zone. It would have made it 16-6 with two minutes left. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Jackson got beat badly on a double move vs Jax that should have ended the game, but Lawrence overthrew the wide open receiver who had a clear path to the end zone. It would have made it 16-6 with two minutes left. 

not for nothing but every player gets beat on plays every now and then. 

Tre, Poyer, Hyde, Milano … 

Lets just hope he isn’t a total bust. 

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Guys.  You're still trying to replace White.  I told you we can't do it.  What we can do is recreate him in the aggregate.

I understand how a team can do that if they lose a pass rusher, but I don’t see how it could work when you lose a CB like Tre.  We are not a blitz heavy team  so he should have help.  But that’s still something that Tre doesn’t need a lot of.  I think it limits our scheme because we no longer have a CB we can leave on an island.  It’ll be interesting to see how we adapt.  

11 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

We obviously want to see him perform well. But let’s be completely honest here……… We need Dane to play at Levis level right now and that’s enough to ask of him. 

yeah, the whole "next man up" is a bunch of garbage.  with the salary cap what it is, the "next man up" is as often as not some league minimum salary guy and a steep dropoff from the high paid starter.   Also, this is a reality we will need to get used to once Josh's cap hit kicks in.   time for McD to pick his best pass rushers and keep them on the field longer than he does now

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

So he's making progress potentially?

It's not all on Dane Jackson, Leslie Frazier has experience dealing with injuries.

He may need more blitz packages & playing more zone.

Will the Patriots test Dane Jackson, of course they will but safety help MIGHT minimize the loss of Tre White.

I think the doom and gloom is out of control here.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

It's not all on Dane Jackson, Leslie Frazier has experience dealing with injuries.

He may need more blitz packages & playing more zone.

Will the Patriots test Dane Jackson, of course they will but safety help MIGHT minimize the loss of Tre White.

I think the doom and gloom is out of control here.

I realize you're an intelligent fella, but I have you pegged as comic relief. If you're going to provide analysis as well, I'll have to adjust my strategy accordingly. I'm classifying this post as zone coverage, though maybe now you're mixing in some individual interlocutor interaction. Still think the meme blitz ought to be part of your overall package, don't care what the coaches say.

• Haha (+1) 1

Bills will be a new D next Monday...But that does not have to be a bad thing...If Oliver continues his upward progression, Star comes back, and the DE's do their part it could solve a ton of the fallout from Tre's injury...The Bills have plenty...PLENTY of talent on D...And realistically, it's going to be on the Offense more than the Defense anyway...We've always known that...

I have no idea what to expect from Dane, but the Bills Secondary is one of the most talented units in the NFL...And talented units thrive on competition...So I'm guessing Jackson will be OK...Not Tre of course...But OK...B-)

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Call up Nick Mccloud. He’s a future star. 

I really don't know what they are going to do, but as soon as I heard Tre was gone my guess was McCloud would eventually be the #3...B-)

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Dane has fallen for every double move he’s ever seen.  Somehow he bit AGAIN on Thursday night.  I’ve never seen a corner fall for the fake so many times without adapting. 

THIS.  This right here is my main concern.  Not only does he bite on double moves but when he gets behind in coverage he holds onto the WR’s causing a flag. These types of plays can change games.  

Guaranteed that Josh McDaniels is going to break tendencies and dial up a few deep shots to Bourne or Agolor to test Jackson and Wallace deep

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Yes and he also got beat last Thursday as well and nearly was flagged for PI.  As a CB he seems to be hit or miss depending on the play

17 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I realize you're an intelligent fella, but I have you pegged as comic relief. If you're going to provide analysis as well, I'll have to adjust my strategy accordingly. I'm classifying this post as zone coverage, though maybe now you're mixing in some individual interlocutor interaction. Still think the meme blitz ought to be part of your overall package, don't care what the coaches say.

Of course he could suck and then we are screwed 😬

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Frez said:

A star is about to be born.  Dane Jackson will be a stand out CB for the Buffalo Bills all the way to the SB. 

let’s goooooooooooooooo! 

I agree, I think White is a good CB but not top 10 good. Jackson will step in and do a good job. Our amazing FS, SS and nickel will help cover the lose of White. I will let the numbers do the talking for me.

We’re all expecting to go heavy zone and ask Levi/Dane to cover their areas.   Much easier to do than asking them to man up.  

As other have said, this isn’t about next man up replacing Tre, it’s about Oliver, Edmunds, Milano, Hyde, Poyer, Johnson, Hughes, Addison, Rousseau, Epenesa, Star etc.. elevating their play to replace Tre.  

If Oliver has turned the corner to become a top flight penetrating DT, I’d argue that’s more important in modern football than any shut down corner.  

It seems like every Titans game, we’re told how bad their secondary is, and every Titans game, their pressure scheme makes it so that narrative doesn’t matter.   Look no further than Josh Allen vs the Chiefs in the AFCCG to see what pressure can mask. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.