Top FA Veteran CB's available

BillsFanForever19

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

As to salaries if they are 4+ year vet isn't their salary guaranteed anyway for the year?

Yes and no.  To my understanding, if they player does not re-sign, the contract is guaranteed for the season.  But if they do re-sign with a new team, the new salary would typically offset and the original team would pay the balance.  I think some players could double dip based on the language of their contract.  Related, contracts for vets signed after week 1 (L. Bell, A. Peterson, etc.) do not automatically guarantee.

• Like (+1) 1

Isn't Nickell Robey-Coleman on a practice squad?

21 hours ago, finn said:

They may wait until the last weeks of the season, when teams dump high-priced veterans. If one of them wants to play with a contender, he might sign with the Bills for a reasonable salary. 

Why would they "dump high priced veterans"....in the "last weeks of the season"? What's the logic in that? At that point the salary cap hit isn't a major concern

Outside of vet street FA's here's  Some Ex-Bills on other teams PS may help. 

Nickell Robey (Lions) had some promise (mostly as slot/3rd DB)  

Lafayette Pitts (Falcons) was coming on strong for awhile in camp.

Kevon Seymour (Ravens) played sparingly in 2016 but is still kicking around the NFL (I'd pass on him)

Breon Borders (Titans). He's been kicked around a few teams, but has some raw talent.

Outsiders we can poach.

Trayvon Henderson (Bengals) showed some flash before his ACL but he's back.  

Darquez Denard (Colts - Former 1st Round pick 2014)

Sean Davis (Patriots) was a 2nd round pick of the Steelers and played 5 years for them.  A vet with some promise, plus info on NE.

Bryce Thomspon (Saints) Was an up and comer considered a lockdown corner before he got hurt. He's back up and running. 

T.J Green  (Texans). 6'3" 215 runs a 4.36.  Former 2nd rd pick of Colts who has all the physical tools but needs to put it together.

Parry Nickerson (Vikings) Raw speed at 4.32. Great athlete, that needs some work on technique.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Outside of vet street FA's here's  Some Ex-Bills on other teams PS may help. 

Nickell Robey (Lions) had some promise (mostly as slot/3rd DB)  

Lafayette Pitts (Falcons) was coming on strong for awhile in camp.

Kevon Seymour (Ravens) played sparingly in 2016 but is still kicking around the NFL (I'd pass on him)

Breon Borders (Titans). He's been kicked around a few teams, but has some raw talent.

Outsiders we can poach.

Trayvon Henderson (Bengals) showed some flash before his ACL but he's back.  

Darquez Denard (Colts - Former 1st Round pick 2014)

Sean Davis (Patriots) was a 2nd round pick of the Steelers and played 5 years for them.  A vet with some promise, plus info on NE.

Bryce Thomspon (Saints) Was an up and comer considered a lockdown corner before he got hurt. He's back up and running. 

T.J Green  (Texans). 6'3" 215 runs a 4.36.  Former 2nd rd pick of Colts who has all the physical tools but needs to put it together.

Parry Nickerson (Vikings) Raw speed at 4.32. Great athlete, that needs some work on technique.

Why is EJ Gaines not on this list

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

Robey-Coleman 

He's more of a Nickel Corner. Unless you're planning on moving Taron to the Outside on a number of plays, all you'd be doing is taking Taron off the field for Robey-Coleman. Not sure how that really helps.

Also have been seeing a lot of people saying we'll just be bringing someone up from the Practice Squad. And of course we will. But someone will almost certainly be brought in to take that person's place on at least the Practice Squad. And rules being what they've been the past couple seasons, that can be anyone.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Lets steal somebody from Buffalo's Practice squad :flirt:

Just as I posted two posts above you, I doubt they do that and not bring in someone to at least take their spot on the Practice Squad.

You don't want someone else to get hurt and then you're down 2 players on your roster and behind the 8 ball on getting someone prepared to play for this team.

On 11/28/2021 at 12:46 AM, ngbills said:

Robey-Coleman 

His first name describes his position.

19 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Just as I posted two posts above you, I doubt they do that and not bring in someone to at least take their spot on the Practice Squad.

You don't want someone else to get hurt and then you're down 2 players on your roster and behind the 8 ball on getting someone prepared to play for this team.

Yeah, that is my concern too, injuries for whatever reason sometimes congregate at a position.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.