Top FA Veteran CB's available

BillsFanForever19

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And who do you cut and expose to waivers during this battle round?

White goes to IR so that is 1 spot already open on the 53. Anyone else on the PS is easily replaced. That said I would just pick a veteran and bring them in to the PS. If they suck cut them and sign another one a week later. 

41 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Kirkpatrick is awful. Always has been imo. 

I’d definitely grab Dunbar.  

I think we’re rolling with Wallace, Dane, Taron, Siran and Cam…..until one of them get hurt 

Thise three guys are primarily slot players. Siran and Cam have played on the boundary, but it isn’t not there natural fit. Siran is more of a big nickel and cam more of a traditional slot defender I.e. taron

With Wallace and Jackson your boundary CB1 and CB2 and no clear #3 option, I think they’re almost certainly going to sign a PS guy to the active roster or elevate a boundary guy each week on game day 

23 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Thise three guys are primarily slot players. Siran and Cam have played on the boundary, but it isn’t not there natural fit. Siran is more of a big nickel and cam more of a traditional slot defender I.e. taron

With Wallace and Jackson your boundary CB1 and CB2 and no clear #3 option, I think they’re almost certainly going to sign a PS guy to the active roster or elevate a boundary guy each week on game day 

Oh most definitely going to kick the tires on a couple cb’s and see if one can earn a call up.  But I believe the guys we got will be the guys we roll with unless they get hurt or play terribly bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

training camp is over... its a week to week grind at this point.. familiarity is probably more important than anything now... plug and play is the watchword.. so, probably rolling with their PS and guys who have been with the team this year...  

time to rush the passer more effectively... 

13 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Hard no on Worley. I’d either kick the tires on Dunbar (didn’t realize he was so tall and youngish at 29) or elevate McLoud. I thought he played well in the preseason. I liked his style of play. 

I like McLoud over street guys. Pretty good size and seems to have pretty good instincts in off coverage.  I think Dane Jackson will be ok.  Wallace and Jackson will need to step up. Time will tell.  I think the coverage will overall suffer, I am not sure by how much.  Heavy Zone team, I think scheme can help over come it. Rest of the way in season, only TB imo will be able to test the limits of our coverage.  

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Just curious, is there something to be gained by the team dumping these guys?  Wondering why would they dump them then?  Could see dropping them i nthe off season ,but why the last week of regular season?

All small gains, but... 

- Get live reps for the young guys on your roster that you want to evaluate

- A couple game savings on high salaries which would carry forward into next year's cap - for players you are not planning on re-signing

- Good will with veteran players that may want to play with a contender, rather than sit on the bench

- Already planning on FA acquisitions, so comp picks are out of the equation for you

- Possibly enhance draft position

Bottom line, if you are in that situation and the player requests to be cut, why not?

20 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

All small gains, but... 

- Get live reps for the young guys on your roster that you want to evaluate

- A couple game savings on high salaries which would carry forward into next year's cap - for players you are not planning on re-signing

- Good will with veteran players that may want to play with a contender, rather than sit on the bench

- Already planning on FA acquisitions, so comp picks are out of the equation for you

- Possibly enhance draft position

Bottom line, if you are in that situation and the player requests to be cut, why not?

Certainly understand the ones in bold. As to salaries if they are 4+ year vet isn't their salary guaranteed anyway for the year?  Or it just is no longer counted towards next years cap?

Bottom line not missing much other than player requesting to be let go hoping that he'll be picked up by some playoff bound team. Likely the agent has had some back room conversations to know there's a good chance this happens.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.