Will Tre's loss galvanize this team?

Success

Sean showed some coaching chops by getting the team fired up and disciplined for the game. The offense was better with a run/ pass threat, and penalties were minimal. The loss of Tre will test Sean and Frazier and their creative schemes to protect Dane Jackson from wrecking games. Taron Johnson is as valuable as any player on defense. If he can cover better receivers and we can go 4/3 with Klein against run and TE heavy offenses like NE, we might survive this loss. Otherwise we will have to win shootouts. 

I think NFL players are mostly trying to go out and do their jobs every day.  On a personal level this group is definitely going to have an emotional response to their friend missing the rest of the season and being upset but if anyone is thinking "Man we are cooked without Tre and can't win unless we all band together" I'd be shocked. 

Half the team probably couldn't tell you we're the 3-seed in the AFC right now.  They're involved in the nitty gritty of this week's prep.  If anything the DB group is going to be having meetings about what needs to happen now but that's about it.

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

I bet not one player is thinking “ how do we overcome this”. That is what fans think

Absolutely! 

Only fans love to come up with these emotion/psychology driven story lines.

Here's what I think:  Tre out for the year will be an enormous hole that will hurt us far more than it helps us via "the team becoming galvanized in  his absence" or whatever nonsense the OP is suggesting.

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Sure, it could but will it? No fan can answer that question right now. Only the Bills can.  It will be interesting to see if the Bills can reach down deep. If they have the heart of a Champion.

None of this type of stuff has anything to do with reality.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Absolutely! 

Here's what I think:  Tre out for the year will be an enormous hole that will hurt us far more than it helps us via "the team becoming galvanized in  his absence" or whatever nonsense the OP is suggesting.

With the exception that there have been examples of it having to do with reality over the years.

So, babble on.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Absolutely! 

It's not nonsense or fantasy to suggest that this kind of thing COULD be a rallying event.

In fact, it's frequent sports history.

Edited by Success
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.