Matt Breida transforms our offense.

FireChans

2 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

The difference is in acceleration after the handoff. He’s able to hit the hole, when it’s actually open, instead of being a step or two slower and missing it.

Wait a minute funny guy...are you trying to say that this oline opens up holes?!?!

51 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Brieda gives the “potential” of a home run play. You won’t get that from Motor/Moss. Remember how the Bills contained King Henry, but the 2 long runs was the difference in him having a subpar game to a super game 

I agree with you.  He’s the only speed threat that we have on offense, and unfortunately we don’t have room on our roster for a true speed receiver because of the logjam. 

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

Honestly, why has it taken this dude 10 weeks to get on the field?

He’s an absolute weapon and a solid piece in passing and running. I saw several plays that Singletary got 4 on that Breida could have gotten 12 because of the difference in speed. Not to say Singletary had a bad game, he’s just limited.

Its time for 24 carries a game between the two of them for the rest of the year.

Slow your roll please.  He was benched for all Of 3rd quarter for running the wring way on screen play On drive before end of half - play before interception.

As most veteran RB he can't be doing that. 

2 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

He was benched for all Of 3rd quarter for running the wring way on screen play On drive before end of half - play before interception.

Yep, McDermott sent him a well deserved message. But then he put him back on the field and he promptly scored a TD that Singletary and Moss couldn't dream of scoring. He needs to have a featured role in the offense from now on.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, without a drought said:

9 carries for 26 yards, people may be getting a little ahead of themselves here.

He did a nice job getting to the end zone on the screen pass and his speed has been a missing element in their offense, but transforms the offense is a bit strong.

But those 26 yards were the best 26 yards I have seen!!

in all seriousness, Breida’s carries were pretty interesting— lots of longish runs (9, 6, 5, etc) mixed with negative runs (-4, etc.)

what’s nice is that his good runs have the ability to be much bigger gains than our other RB’s.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Devin Singletary is by far our best RB. I don't know why we go away from him. Brieda is the perfect compliment. 

I agree that Brieda makes Singletary better. If he was in the same backfield as Jonathan Taylor he would be better still and quite possibly very good. That may seem self evident but it’s not necessarily the case that one back can raise another’s production and effectiveness  significantly. Moss is not a good complement to Devin and vice versa actually.  But the thing that can hold him back are his hands and especially ball security. That can derail his career in a hurry unless correctable and corrected.

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

So, if you don't count the plays in which he didn't do well, then he was good?

He had 20 yards on his first 3 carries and then 4 yards on his next 4 carries, including two rushes for negative yardage - and all four of those rushes were in the first half, not when the were trying to run out the clock. As a matter of fact, after his first three rushes, he had 6 rushes the rest of the game for 7 yards. Three of those rushes were for negative yardage and not one of them was in a "run out the clock" situation.

I like Breida's speed and he had a couple of really nice plays. I hope they continue to find a role for him in the offense.

This is why you need to watch the game and not depend solely on stats. 

on breidas positive runs, he showed a burst through small holes that none of the other Bills backs have shown. 

on at least two of his negative 4-5 yd runs, there were 1-3 guys on him immediately after Josh got him the ball. Those were failures by OL and TE, not Breida. 

• Like (+1) 1

Breida is the only RB with speed to get around the edge. This helps keep defenses honest, makes them set an edge and prevents them from pinning their ears back which helps the passing game. Just because his YPC isn't great doesn't mean he isn't helping the offense.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

This is why you need to watch the game and not depend solely on stats. 

on breidas positive runs, he showed a burst through small holes that none of the other Bills backs have shown. 

on at least two of his negative 4-5 yd runs, there were 1-3 guys on him immediately after Josh got him the ball. Those were failures by OL and TE, not Breida. 

I watched the game. He had a couple of nice plays. However, you (generically the people down on Singletary and Moss) can't blame the Oline and TE for Breida's plays in which he is ineffective and dismiss it when others say the same thing about why Singletary and Moss aren't more effective. And if you want to blame the Oline and TE for Breida's less effective plays then give them credit for his most effective play. On the 23 yard screen pass for the touchdown, Breida was 10 yards downfield before he even had to think about a defender. He then made a nice cut through a hole opened by his blockers. He, essentially went untouched on that TD because of the great downfield blocking.

Like I said, I like the speed Breida brings to the offense and he did have a couple of nice plays. But this Idea that he some how transformed the offense is ridiculous.

On most of his plays, he ran into the same problems Singletary and Moss have run into: awful blocking.

Singletary - 68% of snaps

Breida - 32% of snaps

This needs to change to at least 50/50. With as hot as he was in the 1st half, it was driving me insane seeing series after series in the 2nd half with Singletary. He wasn't bad last night. But I couldn't help but think that on the one big 10 yard run he had that Breida would have taken it to the house if he had that hole. 

I don't understand McDermott's undying loyalty to him and refusing to see anyone else as the lead back. Even in post game, when the media was asking him about Breida, he cut them off to say "I think BOTH backs were great today".

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

He keeps defense honest from fully pinning there ears back as well as have to wiser.  When teams useTampa 2 or cover 2 shell when teams use this stuff have to account for him as well.

Whatever.

I made a statement. Do you believe yourself that Matt Breida "transforms" our offense?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.