Ed Oliver has been a beast the last few games...

Hebert19

On 11/26/2021 at 7:47 AM, Hebert19 said:

Man does he look explosive out there.  He is constantly blowing up running plays and is impacting the passing game.  

As discussed.  Ed has been on a mission.  The Pats game could be known as the Ed Oliver game after Monday.  Have a hunch he's going to disrupt in the middle from the first snap. 

• 1 month later...
Just now, Hebert19 said:

Figured I'd bump this.  Oliver has been a beast for a few weeks now.  He and philips are playing well.  DEs on other hard.  Meh

He may have saved the Division title for us today.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

After that turnover man he had 3 straight strong plays. 

Yes he did; knocked them right out of FG range with those 3 plays and completely flipped the game.

Jacked up the LG on 1st down for a 3yrd loss.

Split a double for a sack on 2nd down for another 4 yrd loss.

Then hit Ryan again and forced the incompletion on 3rd down to turn the Falcons coach into a wilting pansy.

That's a man who knows when to crank up the ass-kicking machine

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Oliver is having his best year so far for sure...unlucky not to have 5-6 more sacks (several wiped out by penalties on other guys) and always around the ball, getting pressures, batting down passes, and blowing up inside runs. Even more impressive to me are the hustle plays where he runs all out for fifteen yards and wallops these RBs/WRs from behind (bad result for our defense overall but his effort is insane).

Picking up the fifth year option is a no-brainer in my eyes. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Oliver is having his best year so far for sure...unlucky not to have 5-6 more sacks (several wiped out by penalties on other guys) and always around the ball, getting pressures, batting down passes, and blowing up inside runs. Even more impressive to me are the hustle plays where he runs all out for fifteen yards and wallops these RBs/WRs from behind (bad result for our defense overall but his effort is insane).

Yup.  Agree.  Get a proper 1 tech next to him and he will dominate.  

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Today in the first half, he ran down a WR 9 yards downfield to prevent a first down.

• Like (+1) 3

Did you see Oliver on the sidelines firing up the crowd in the 2nd half?

It was great to see his leadership out there - not just on the sidelines, but after some of the key plays they had on defense.  He seemed determined to make sure that his teammates didn't let up and didn't take the game lightly.

• Like (+1) 1

The guy was underwhelming and invisible for most of the last 2 seasons but he has been really nice this year. Oliver made the play that kind of turned the tide emotionally today and they got the crowd fired up. Someone needed to step up and stop the bleeding and I think the sack Oliver made was the start of that today. Great job ED!

I'm not sure if anyone has shown this yet, but this chart seems to show that teams are scheming for him. The 1tech isn't taking any doubles and we see that with linemen on the linebackers and with Ed taking doubles at this high of a rate. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 10 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.